Cost of Living and Glastonbury

Crazyfool01

cost of living and Glastonbury   

344 members have voted

1. 1. with the cost of living rising will this impact the decision to buy Glastonbury tickets ?

• Yes ... im already priced out
    • I will try in oct but a decent chance I wont pay off balance
    • I will try in Oct and it likely ill pay off balance but not 100% sure
    • I will purchase them as usual and pay off as usual

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I’d like them to move the spider on, it’s had its day and that whole area needs a rethink around crowd management.

Agree, the spider has done it's time, but much more importantly Shangri La and Unfairground desperately need a revamp. I was hoping they do so during the enforced break.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Agree, the spider has done it's time, but much more importantly Shangri La and Unfairground desperately need a revamp. I was hoping they do so during the enforced break.

They probably would have done without the need for budget cuts … spider looked pretty small after seeing the crane …

21 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think if it was looking like the costs of running it were going to be that crazy and ticket prices would need to go up accordingly, they would probably consider not running it at all surely? 

It is looking horrendous 👇 lots of stories like this starting to emerge. Government MUST act. But they won’t. 

B983BC56-41A2-481B-8869-BEFD6C3C21BE.jpeg

F435775C-D5CB-48D4-AB42-CE3947F083C0.jpeg

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yep it’s gonna be spider again … gives them a bit more time to work on whatever is new in the pipeline … it’s an easy one to save costs with no backlash in terms of there being no change and it dissapearing . 

I'll take it but i feel like they are a talented team so would be fine. Unfairground is dire

42 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

It is looking horrendous 👇 lots of stories like this starting to emerge. Government MUST act. But they won’t. 

B983BC56-41A2-481B-8869-BEFD6C3C21BE.jpeg

F435775C-D5CB-48D4-AB42-CE3947F083C0.jpeg

Wow. I feel bad about complaining today that after doubling my monthly gas payment compared to last year (fixed fee the whole year, then get/pay the difference), I got an advice to put it up another 25%...

Check out the last pages of the Sziget thread for reviews, for example on the effects of a decrease in budget / increase of prices (doubled price for food). Looks like some may rethink that one.

I'm guessing it would take a lot for Glastonbury to hit that "not enough return on investment" point but it's an interesting read. Or people will go to GL instead of Sziget and that's more people trying for tickets...

2 minutes ago, moogster said:

Check out the last pages of the Sziget thread for reviews, for example on the effects of a decrease in budget / increase of prices (doubled price for food). Looks like some may rethink that one.

I'm guessing it would take a lot for Glastonbury to hit that "not enough return on investment" point but it's an interesting read. Or people will go to GL instead of Sziget and that's more people trying for tickets...

Yes as I said in the short term Glastonbury is big enough to survive but if this continues it really wouldn't take much for it to slip down people's priority list. I mean a 2016 style weather situation with a less than stellar line up and if the cost of living crisis continued I could imagine it being significantly less attractive a proposition to people. 

5 hours ago, moogster said:

Sziget doesn't sell out every year and has huge variation in the sales of each day. Its a bit of a weird one to compare with (its also in a very different country and heavily reliant on foreigners)

21 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Plan is to get heated blankets for home during the day and leave the heating off as much as possible.

if we need it we can afford it but don’t want to cut back on too much other stuff. 

I bought oodies last Christmas for the family but kept one for myself..... absolutely brilliant for keeping warm. I sleep in mine with the hoodie up also great when I've come off night shifts to keep the light out 🤣

51 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Plan is to get heated blankets for home during the day and leave the heating off as much as possible.

if we need it we can afford it but don’t want to cut back on too much other stuff. 

Got one if those for my mum a few years ago. She absolutely loves it. Definitely one of the better presents if got her

54 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I bought oodies last Christmas for the family but kept one for myself..... absolutely brilliant for keeping warm. I sleep in mine with the hoodie up also great when I've come off night shifts to keep the light out 🤣

I'd really struggle with that - I get too hot sleeping under something heavy or wrapped up too much even when it's cold! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

25 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'd really struggle with that - I get too hot sleeping under something heavy or wrapped up too much even when it's cold! 

Yeah I get you but I can't fall asleep if iam cold but can always take the oodie off if I get too hot 🔥

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

I spend around 4 to 6 hours a day on teams calls with customers, an oodie wouldn’t look great on a call. 

• Like 1

First time I’m genuinely worried about going today , I’m single and I’m actually worried I can’t afford a social life if this keeps going. I’ve cut back as much as I can and from October I’m going to be working just to pay bills 

OCT NEW ENERGY PRICE CAP 
Direct Debit Rates. 
Overall up 80%

Elec:
Daily standing charge was 45.3p now 46.3p
Unit rate kWHwas 28.3p now 51.8p

Gas:
Daily standing charge was 27.2p now 28.4p
Unit rate per kWh was 7.4p now 14.8p

(Ie you pay £273/yr before any energy use)

7 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

First time I’m genuinely worried about going today , I’m single and I’m actually worried I can’t afford a social life if this keeps going. I’ve cut back as much as I can and from October I’m going to be working just to pay bills 

OCT NEW ENERGY PRICE CAP 
Direct Debit Rates. 
Overall up 80%

Elec:
Daily standing charge was 45.3p now 46.3p
Unit rate kWHwas 28.3p now 51.8p

Gas:
Daily standing charge was 27.2p now 28.4p
Unit rate per kWh was 7.4p now 14.8p

(Ie you pay £273/yr before any energy use)

I'm not at the point of sacking Glastonbury off yet, but I've already had to drastically cut back football and gigs.... festivals will be next if this keeps going. 😞