ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

I am going to have a go with the Chrome auto refresh on Sunday. Would anyone care to recommend the best key words to use for the page monitor. Obviously not 'Glastonbury' as that appears on the holding page. I was thinking 'Registration'.

Sorry if it's been discussed already, but you know... big thread!

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I am going to have a go with the Chrome auto refresh on Sunday. Would anyone care to recommend the best key words to use for the page monitor. Obviously not 'Glastonbury' as that appears on the holding page. I was thinking 'Registration'.

Sorry if it's been discussed already, but you know... big thread!

registration wont work and neither will postcode cause they both now appear on the holding page

Just now, maelzoid said:

Yes, of course they do. Wish I'd taken a screen shot of them yesterday. Screenshotted the reg details page, but not the holding...

glastonbury festival 2023

you will be held on this page until there is a free space on the booking site

the page will auto refresh and attempt to access the booking page in X seconds

please have your registration number (s), registered postcode(s) and payment card ready to proceed

• Like 1

Deposits And Coach Travel (departing Wednesday, 21 June 2023)
Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset. 23rd - 25th June 2023
Registration

Please enter the registration number and postcode for each person (aged 13 or over) for whom you are placing a deposit. You may enter up to 6 people's registration details, but can only purchase 1 ticket per registration.

Ticket Deposit + Coach Travel

You are booking an admission ticket deposit and coach travel option. This means that you will pay a £50.00 deposit per admission ticket and the full price of each coach ticket selected. You will then have a week commencing 1st April 2023 to pay the remaining balance.

COACH TRAVEL IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE TO OTHER DEPARTURE DATES / TIMES. TRAVEL ON YOUR CHOSEN COACH IS MANDATORY - PLEASE DO NOT BOOK THIS OPTION IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO TRAVEL ON THE COACH.

Full information about coach travel can be found below.

Please enter your Glastonbury registration details.

I saved the page, here's the bulk of it, might be worth looking for "ADD UP TO 5 ADDITIONAL REGISTRATIONS"

Edited by ydy
  • Like 1

Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends. If the transaction fails and tickets are still available, your registration number will be released to give you the chance to try again.

What does it mean "an attempt to book is already held against my registration number"? So if we are a group of 6 and one of us gets through, but someone else from our group gets through as well a few minutes later whilist the first one has not completed the payment yet, we're all going to get blocked for 10 mins? We should just wait at the details page until the first one confirms payment / time-out!? This can't be correct right? We did it like this yesterday, but at one point we did not have enough patience and everybody went it - nothing happened. 

4 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

Does anyone bother changing their host files before the sale? I’m wondering if it would help getting past that initial “site cannot he reached” freeze at the beginning 

What would you change it to? The site resolves to 5 IPs and, in theory at least, traffic should be randomly split between them. I’m not sure how you would know if one was preferable to another?

4 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

Please note, your registration numbers will be locked for up to 10 minutes if your details are entered incorrectly, an attempt to book is already held against your registration number, or your 5 minutes on the booking page ends. If the transaction fails and tickets are still available, your registration number will be released to give you the chance to try again.

What does it mean "an attempt to book is already held against my registration number"? So if we are a group of 6 and one of us gets through, but someone else from our group gets through as well a few minutes later whilist the first one has not completed the payment yet, we're all going to get blocked for 10 mins? We should just wait at the details page until the first one confirms payment / time-out!? This can't be correct right? We did it like this yesterday, but at one point we did not have enough patience and everybody went it - nothing happened. 

I think (but cannot guarantee) that the first arrival will get through OK and it is the one that follows which is locked.

I get this from experience. We have had more than one person get through and although the second one has been screaming 'blocked! blocked!' in an understandable panic, the other was OK and the transaction went through.

11 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

Does anyone bother changing their host files before the sale? I’m wondering if it would help getting past that initial “site cannot he reached” freeze at the beginning 

That's a dreadful idea. 

Yesterday they changed which addresses they were using. 

3 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

I don’t think they did. The 167.xxx IPs are standard. Copy and paste the address from the ticket page and do a DNS request yourself if you don’t believe me 

You’re right, they are that now. They weren’t before the sale yesterday, or just after it, though. They may well change again.

20 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

This happened to us yesterday. My mate got through but we had the issue with the authorisation not going through.

I then got on the registration page and when he got through again the attempted booking message came up.

Still no tickets in the bag yet though

21 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

I don’t think they did. The 167.xxx IPs are standard. Copy and paste the address from the ticket page and do a DNS request yourself if you don’t believe me 

@parsonjack reported that he saw them change from that during the sale window - clearly if you were pointing statically to servers not in use you would impair your chances. 

22 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

Cloudflare, Google & OpenDNS were (during the sale) and still are, returning both 167.98.14.xxx & 31.221.2.xxx addresses.

(DNS flushed too)

4 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

Probably not worth the risk then. I wasn’t claiming to be an IT guy or anything like that. Nor was I saying anyone should be editing host files. Was just wondering

Apologies if you thought I expressed it too strongly, I was trying to be swift and emphatic to deter any passers by from latching onto it as a helpful way of avoiding the queue 😉