ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, Pazzler said:

Cloudflare, Google & OpenDNS were (during the sale) and still are, returning both 167.98.14.xxx & 31.221.2.xxx addresses.

(DNS flushed too)

I think they changed back to the 31. addresses very recently. You might not get the 167. ones anymore.

1 minute ago, 09matthewsw said:

Anyone know why it returns both? 

I think it’s just overlap when they changed them. The records have a 3m life and so the old ones may not have timed out. I don’t see both now.

The overlap could explain why some people had issues with stale records. It’s odd they changed them so close to 6pm. Possibly an outage or even an attempt to stop people trying to use the IPs to gain an advantage by switching them last minute.

2 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Has anyone got an accurate screenshot of the address/payment details page if I'm using an autotyper?

The address is auto filled based on lead reg number details. You just need card number, expiry and 3 digits.

At that point your tickets are reserved and you have 5 mins to complete the transaction. I wouldn’t risk the potential of an auto typer filling in the wrong box

3 minutes ago, t0paz said:

The address is auto filled based on lead reg number details. You just need card number, expiry and 3 digits.

At that point your tickets are reserved and you have 5 mins to complete the transaction. I wouldn’t risk the potential of an auto typer filling in the wrong box

I thought the tickets are not reserved for you at any point, as people have definitely submitted payment details and then got sold out?

35 minutes ago, ericlered said:

So what do you think would be a good key word to use, is this to make the auto refresh stop?

There will still be a good few. Try looking if you can see a screen shot of yesterday's booking page and just compare them to the text posted. I used an auto refresher yesterday and didnt have the word thing on and it worked fine. It just refreshes the good page if you get on

• Upvote 1

Can somebody please clear this up?

From what I remember when trying to getting tickets in the past (and I could be mistaken since it's been so long since 2019), the seetickets page simply said "Tickets on Sale 9am Sunday" or something with nothing that was clickable. I would then refresh at 9am or just before, click the pink box and I would be in the queue.

On the page now, we have buttons that appear to be clickable but do nothing. Copying the URL just brings me to the same page. Do I need to refresh at 9am to update the page or simply just click the box?

Edited by Mark Greensmith

4 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

Can somebody please clear this up?

From what I remember when trying to getting tickets in the past (and I could be mistaken since it's been so long since 2019), the seetickets page simply said "Tickets on Sale 9am Sunday" or something with nothing that was clickable. I would then refresh at 9am or just before, click the pink box and I would be in the queue.

On the page now, we have buttons that appear to be clickable but do nothing. Copying the URL just brings me to the same page. Do I need to refresh at 9am to update the page or simply just click the box?

I think in theory you should be able to click the box at 6 or 9 whenever the tix go on sale. Yesterday that did not work for me so i went back further and then tried again

23 minutes ago, evilduck said:

I thought the tickets are not reserved for you at any point, as people have definitely submitted payment details and then got sold out?

I thought they were but may be wrong. You definitely get a 5 min countdown to do the transaction at that point

Could someone give me a bit of advice please... I saw a while back someone recommending keyboard shortcuts i.e. CTL+1 = ref 1, CTRL+2 = postcode 1, CTRL+3 = ref2 and so on rather than having to type them all out...

I naively thought this was going to be straightforward but am having trouble setting it up, would it be in Windows settings or the Browser specifically?

14 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Could someone give me a bit of advice please... I saw a while back someone recommending keyboard shortcuts i.e. CTL+1 = ref 1, CTRL+2 = postcode 1, CTRL+3 = ref2 and so on rather than having to type them all out...

I naively thought this was going to be straightforward but am having trouble setting it up, would it be in Windows settings or the Browser specifically?

I used an extension this time called "Magical Text Expander". Just had 1(CODE 1), A(POSTCODE 1), 2(CODE2), B(POSTCODE2)..etc. It got me through the reg page lightning fast as all I had to type was 1A,2B,3C,4D,5E,6F.

Also on IOS settings there's a keyboard "shortcut" thing which basically does the same.

Edited by Mark Greensmith
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Mark Greensmith said:

I used an extension this time called "Magical Text Expander". Just had 1(CODE 1), A(POSTCODE 1), 2(CODE2), B(POSTCODE2)..etc. It got me through the reg page lightning fast as all I had to type was 1A,2B,3C,4D,5E,6F.

Also on IOS settings there's a keyboard "shortcut" thing which basically does the same.

Amazing thank you, all sorted and ready for the heart ache!

13 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Definitely been asked a billion times I'm sure, so apologies, but I'm getting as many people as humanely possible to help us on Sunday. Any risks if two people get through at the same time or will one just not be able to process payment? Cheers in advance 

If one person gets through to at least the name/address confirmation page, then another person tries to enter any of the registrations of that first person, this second person will be blocked for 10 mins. The first person will be able to continue with no problems though.

So if the second person was trying with any extra people who hadn't been sorted out by the first person, they're really missing out by losing 10 minutes of the ticket-buying process

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Definitely been asked a billion times I'm sure, so apologies, but I'm getting as many people as humanely possible to help us on Sunday. Any risks if two people get through at the same time or will one just not be able to process payment? Cheers in advance 

The system will only allow 1 booking to be completed for individuals or groups so no risk of duplicate ticket purchases. campervan tickets are another matter though 🤣 hopefully this year they'll only allow 1 campervan ticket purchase per registration .

• Thanks 1

What’s the deal with refresh apps etc then? I’ve never used one before but considering for Sunday.

Would a poll help? The options of: successful with autorefresh, unsuccessful with autorefresh, successful without autorefresh and unsuccessful without autorefresh might work? Although that might be completely useless.

7 minutes ago, billum said:

If one person gets through to at least the name/address confirmation page, then another person tries to enter any of the registrations of that first person, this second person will be blocked for 10 mins. The first person will be able to continue with no problems though.

So if the second person was trying with any extra people who hadn't been sorted out by the first person, they're really missing out by losing 10 minutes of the ticket-buying process

Awesome. Thank you. Is it the case that once the system has accepted the post codes and reg numbers, you 'should' be grand? That was the page I couldn't get past on Thursday