ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

41 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah knowing the time is a huge bonus for me for the London options too. Thinking if we get an early one might actually book a cheap hotel over in North Greenwich the night before to avoid the whole tube journey morning stress.

we had to take a £100 taxi because of the strikes this year! £33 each so not horrific and it was far quicker but still annoying 🙂 

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

we had to take a £100 taxi because of the strikes this year! £33 each so not horrific and it was far quicker but still annoying 🙂 

At this rate, trains are likely to be a problem next Glasto too! 

Just found out that there are off again tomorrow, causing problems for us with wedding guests getting home.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

At this rate, trains are likely to be a problem next Glasto too! 

Just found out that there are off again tomorrow, causing problems for us with wedding guests getting home.

I've actually found this benefits me (probably the only person to like the strike!), i'm going to reading tomorrow and coming back sunday ... i can get a day return instead of an anytime as you can use the return leg up until tuesday with no issues. saving about £12 (about half the ticket price)

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Yeah I did feel for people with the strikes. I'd actually get a taxi to the O2 if I thought it would be quicker in a normal year but it's not likely to be from Acton!

Debating whether I'd go for Thursday entry if it came to it. Usually don't but the Sunday sale is going to be so difficult for me this year (on holiday in South America) that maybe I'd just rather get it done on Thursday. I don't mind doing a day less in theory because I'd have more energy for the weekend, but it's the fact it costs the same that puts me off. Feel like I wouldn't be getting bang for my buck.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I did feel for people with the strikes. I'd actually get a taxi to the O2 if I thought it would be quicker in a normal year but it's not likely to be from Acton!

Debating whether I'd go for Thursday entry if it came to it. Usually don't but the Sunday sale is going to be so difficult for me this year (on holiday in South America) that maybe I'd just rather get it done on Thursday. I don't mind doing a day less in theory because I'd have more energy for the weekend, but it's the fact it costs the same that puts me off. Feel like I wouldn't be getting bang for my buck.

As long as you get there early on Thursday your not missing too much i think - better than missing it all eh!

1 minute ago, gfa said:

I've actually found this benefits me (probably the only person to like the strike!), i'm going to reading tomorrow and coming back sunday ... i can get a day return instead of an anytime as you can use the return leg up until tuesday with no issues. saving about £12 (about half the ticket price)

haha ok the wedding guests can go home on Monday instead! 😂

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah true. Need to consult with my group. I'm usually a husk of a human being by Sunday so I do like the idea of being a bit more lively with a day less of camping.

I slept from about 3pm till bicep on the sunday 😂

I think the whole coach thing needs a rethink from the organisers, its plain to see that most people just use it as a way in and no thought to the whole reason behind the coaches being used to start with.

I think there should be much more of an effort to sell the coach tickets based on where the ticket holders live rather than just specific pre-determined pick-up points

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think the whole coach thing needs a rethink from the organisers, its plain to see that most people just use it as a way in and no thought to the whole reason behind the coaches being used to start with.

I think there should be much more of an effort to sell the coach tickets based on where the ticket holders live rather than just specific pre-determined pick-up points

I think the reason it's like it is, is because of licencing issues and stuff. They can sell X many tickets through a coach sale. I mean I've got the coach in the past and of course it's a way into the festival, I've also got the coach without the ticket (eg got it from National Express) which is WAY more convenient with a wider range of pick up points and is cheaper.

I think at the end of the day it's quite difficult to be like, x number of tickets were sold in Manchester so we have x number of coaches. Sounds like a logistical nightmare to me.

Edited by scatteredscreens

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I have to go to Newcastle which isn’t that bad , but means getting a metro with everything to the pick up point.

I don’t think I would chance any other stop though , be nice if Sunderland was added 

19 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I think the reason it's like it is, is because of licencing issues and stuff. They can sell X many tickets through a coach sale. I mean I've got the coach in the past and of course it's a way into the festival, I've also got the coach without the ticket (eg got it from National Express) which is WAY more convenient with a wider range of pick up points and is cheaper.

I think at the end of the day it's quite difficult to be like, x number of tickets were sold in Manchester so we have x number of coaches. Sounds like a logistical nightmare to me.

They surely could have / will have harvested masses of data over the years and will/could  attempt to lay on coaches to try and meet the demand ? Or maybe it’s just wishful thinking and they can only get a certain number of buses and drivers in each area …. The country isn’t exactly flush with people with these licences at the moment 

Maybe in order to book a coach from a location For example liverpool your registration needs to be registered to liverpool

If that was in the terms and conditions it could be implemented.

It would prevent the travelling from Bristol to Newcastle to catch a coach back to the festival (example only)

If See tickets found the registration didn't match up they could cancel the ticket minus a fee (again in the T&C's)

I appreciate not every area has access to coach tickets but it could be improved

(sit's down now waiting for the barrage of why this wont work)

Just now, Skip997 said:

Can't believe people do this sort of thing.

you have a pretty well confirmed ticket though ? I wouldn't do it personally but having nearly missed out last time I understand people taking last options a few in our syndicate did that , for some it'll be that or nothing 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

you have a pretty well confirmed ticket though ? I wouldn't do it personally but having nearly missed out last time I understand people taking last options a few in our syndicate did that , for some it'll be that or nothing 

Yea I get that.

This forum has been a bit of an eye opener as to the life of a punter.

Am so grateful that I get in free every year without much effort at all.

19 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

They surely could have / will have harvested masses of data over the years and will/could  attempt to lay on coaches to try and meet the demand ? Or maybe it’s just wishful thinking and they can only get a certain number of buses and drivers in each area …. The country isn’t exactly flush with people with these licences at the moment 

In a sale where it's completely pot luck I think estimating demand is a bit pointless.

People travelling to get a coach might seem silly but people get flights from airports not where they live because it's cheaper for example. Not saying I'd do it but at the end of the day it's an option.

The system isn't perfect but I can't see a better solution.

3 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Yeah coach is just a way in, I didn’t use it for the way back

ill also go with Thursday entry if that’s all that is available, nothing happens on Wednesday anyway besides fireworks 

starts the which day is best debate off ..... I love the wed if im in and pitched up early ...... felt i missed out a bit this time with a 5pm arrival .... hopefully going for coach in the first bus sale will give us an opportunity of an earlier departure 

17 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Yeah coach is just a way in, I didn’t use it for the way back

ill also go with Thursday entry if that’s all that is available, nothing happens on Wednesday anyway besides fireworks 

It does in the crew bars.... Maceo's parties on Mon-Weds are brilliant.

Sack the coaches off, get a work place and arrive on Monday! 

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

1 hour ago, scatteredscreens said:

Sell 80-90% in main sale then figure out coach locations from that, then fill the gaps in the resale with some coach tickets set aside straight towards the resale. If theres extra spaces just add some extra bristol/london/other major city coaches. Would lead to at least 75% less people travelling to places that aren't there nearest stop to get a coach.

Could also mean that new destinations would be added where say a big group of like 30 get coach tickets then some smaller ones in the same town - saving them all a heap of money / emissions.

12 minutes ago, stuie said:

This really is the way to go.

Make your festival a bit longer and a lot logistically easier.

I arrive on the Saturday before and have the option to arrive earlier than that.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Sell 80-90% in main sale then figure out coach locations from that, then fill the gaps in the resale with some coach tickets set aside straight towards the resale. If theres extra spaces just add some extra bristol/london/other major city coaches. Would lead to at least 75% less people travelling to places that aren't there nearest stop to get a coach.

Could also mean that new destinations would be added where say a big group of like 30 get coach tickets then some smaller ones in the same town - saving them all a heap of money / emissions.

This makes a lot of sense.

They have to sell a set percentage of coach packages as part of the license, can't remember the exact number but let's just say 25k for the sake of argument. They could just sell 25k "coach" tickets without specifying destinations. Everyone who buys a ticket has their address tied to their registrations, so it should be fairly simple to group people together onto coaches by location. Then before balance is due you get your coach pick up/drop off location and you pay the fare when you pay the balance.

28 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yep. Much better option than either arriving Thursday or buggering about with a "wrong departure point" coach.