ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Maybe in order to book a coach from a location For example liverpool your registration needs to be registered to liverpool

If that was in the terms and conditions it could be implemented.

It would prevent the travelling from Bristol to Newcastle to catch a coach back to the festival (example only)

If See tickets found the registration didn't match up they could cancel the ticket minus a fee (again in the T&C's)

I appreciate not every area has access to coach tickets but it could be improved

(sit's down now waiting for the barrage of why this wont work)

What about a student at uni in Durham, but who's from Bristol? 

^ 9 months is a long time too, i bet a good 5-10% of attendees will move house in that time. smaller percentage if its decided at balance time but still 1-3% maybe

Edited by gfa

2 hours ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Maybe in order to book a coach from a location For example liverpool your registration needs to be registered to liverpool

If that was in the terms and conditions it could be implemented.

It would prevent the travelling from Bristol to Newcastle to catch a coach back to the festival (example only)

If See tickets found the registration didn't match up they could cancel the ticket minus a fee (again in the T&C's)

I appreciate not every area has access to coach tickets but it could be improved

(sit's down now waiting for the barrage of why this wont work)

What about people who live in the arse end of North Wales like me ? 'Oh sorry you can't have a coach ticket because you don't live in a city'.

I've done single coach from Bristol a few times, getting a train to Bristol and a lift home with friends who had normal tickets.

7 hours ago, gfa said:

2x as many locations with less coaches from each would be amazing in fairness.

Or just double the number of coaches full stop - it is slowly rising year by year right?

Start with adding more locations and then putting a few coaches in those places. If they sell out straight away then you can potentially add some more. But at least you can see where the demand is. I was surprised there were only 2 coaches out of Bath for Weds. i had seen lots of obvious glasto goers when i was there mon and tues. So its def a hot set up spot leading up.

I’ve travelled from Edinburgh on the See coach a couple of times, and when unsuccessful in the coach sale, have travelled by National Express coach a couple of times. There is always (as far as I am aware) only 1 See coach from  Edinburgh. When I’ve gone via NE, there has always been at least 2 coaches. So clearly, were they to treble the amount of See coaches from Edinburgh, the demand is there. And that’s just one of many locations far away from the site. If they genuinely want to encourage people on to public transport, a huge increase in the number of coach packages available is required. The restriction preventing this would possibly be availability of both coaches and drivers.... but surely some kind of agreement with NE would be possible? See are dreadful at organising and delivering the coach packages (in my experience).

Much like the ticket buying system, the coach system is a perennial point of discussion. 

There are always those who think there are better ways and there may well be, but proposals thus far sound (from the point of view of the festival) like a complicated pain in the arse to me. 

For those who think you can arrange coaches after you've seen where the people are gonna be registered - what happens when a percentage cancel their ticket or move before final payment? In the resale you'll have exactly what you have now - seats on coaches from location x which need filling. 

From what I understand the reason for the coaches is to cut huge numbers of cars clogging up the roads and having the pollution created by thousands of cars stopping and starting for miles around the site. 
Even if a few drive to Newcastle to catch the coach there is much less pollution. 

Also less disruption to locals

6 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

I’ve travelled from Edinburgh on the See coach a couple of times, and when unsuccessful in the coach sale, have travelled by National Express coach a couple of times. There is always (as far as I am aware) only 1 See coach from  Edinburgh. When I’ve gone via NE, there has always been at least 2 coaches. So clearly, were they to treble the amount of See coaches from Edinburgh, the demand is there. And that’s just one of many locations far away from the site. If they genuinely want to encourage people on to public transport, a huge increase in the number of coach packages available is required. The restriction preventing this would possibly be availability of both coaches and drivers.... but surely some kind of agreement with NE would be possible? See are dreadful at organising and delivering the coach packages (in my experience).

I'd love to see them team up with NE instead of See doing coaches. Victoria would be way better for me (and for many others tbh) than O2 and have found thr See coaches way less organised, having done both. Drivers often ask for directions from passengers and so on.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'd love to see them team up with NE instead of See doing coaches. Victoria would be way better for me (and for many others tbh) than O2 and have found thr See coaches way less organised, having done both. Drivers often ask for directions from passengers and so on.

Agree with this, National Express was miles better than See Coaches for me.

21 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I did feel for people with the strikes. I'd actually get a taxi to the O2 if I thought it would be quicker in a normal year but it's not likely to be from Acton!

We had to take a car from Ealing this year to the O2 for our coach coz of the tube strike - took about an hour and a half at 6:30 in the morning. Tube would have been a bit over an hour, so at that time of day there’s not a whole lot in it, and it’s easier with the luggage in the car tbh. For four of us it was £25 each, so a bit pricier for the privilege, but worth considering perhaps

17 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Start with adding more locations and then putting a few coaches in those places. If they sell out straight away then you can potentially add some more. But at least you can see where the demand is. I was surprised there were only 2 coaches out of Bath for Weds. i had seen lots of obvious glasto goers when i was there mon and tues. So its def a hot set up spot leading up.

Bath is quite near Bristol which is a major coach place so maybe thats why

16 hours ago, clarkete said:

Much like the ticket buying system, the coach system is a perennial point of discussion. 

There are always those who think there are better ways and there may well be, but proposals thus far sound (from the point of view of the festival) like a complicated pain in the arse to me. 

For those who think you can arrange coaches after you've seen where the people are gonna be registered - what happens when a percentage cancel their ticket or move before final payment? In the resale you'll have exactly what you have now - seats on coaches from location x which need filling. 

The initial tickets so like 90% would all be perfectly optimised and then the final 10% a good half would get a fair location if not more, then theres a couple % with random ones VS how it is now where the main sale you get a good amount of people with weird locations let alone the resale.

1 minute ago, billum said:

We had to take a car from Ealing this year to the O2 for our coach coz of the tube strike - took about an hour and a half at 6:30 in the morning. Tube would have been a bit over an hour, so at that time of day there’s not a whole lot in it, and it’s easier with the luggage in the car tbh. For four of us it was £25 each, so a bit pricier for the privilege, but worth considering perhaps

For us the cab was an hour vs 1h30 on the train i think plus lugging the stuff around.

friend of ours got a cab from city of london to the o2, took an hour and cost £80 on her own. brutal start to the fest

1 hour ago, billum said:

My worry is always getting stuck in traffic. But good to know it's possible! As I say, really thinking about getting a hotel near the O2 this year if we can find a cheap one. Then we could take our time getting over there on Tuesday night after rush hour.

It's such a stupid location. Appreciate a space issue but it adds an hour to the journey just getting through London as well.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gfa said:

The initial tickets so like 90% would all be perfectly optimised and then the final 10% a good half would get a fair location if not more, then theres a couple % with random ones VS how it is now where the main sale you get a good amount of people with weird locations let alone the resale.

Why do you think that? 

I've got coach half a dozen times, every time in first sale got my nearest location (Bristol), once in secret resale got London O2 (got a train up on the day, then underground and then the coach), this year resale Taunton (megabus and short taxi). 

What you outline would make no difference, simply there would be a much longer list of choices in the resale, which would be a pain for the festival and the buyers. 

Edited by clarkete

19 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My worry is always getting stuck in traffic. But good to know it's possible! As I say, really thinking about getting a hotel near the O2 this year if we can find a cheap one. Then we could take our time getting over there on Tuesday night after rush hour.

It's such a stupid location. Appreciate a space issue but it adds an hour to the journey just getting through London as well.

You could try Air BnB for a private room - often cheaper. Although saying that, there’s not loads looking cheap for June 20th: 

FB53BCFB-ABC6-44FD-9B5F-972EE2D6E2A2.png

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

You could try Air BnB for a private room - often cheaper. Although saying that, there’s not loads looking cheap for June 20th: 

FB53BCFB-ABC6-44FD-9B5F-972EE2D6E2A2.png

Yeah I thought about an airbnb as well. Will see what happens on coach ticket day! It depends what time our coaches are. If they're past rush hour I won't bother - it's just trying to get from one side of London to the other with camping stuff when it's busy that I can't handle! 

On 10/7/2022 at 12:41 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I did feel for people with the strikes. I'd actually get a taxi to the O2 if I thought it would be quicker in a normal year but it's not likely to be from Acton!

Debating whether I'd go for Thursday entry if it came to it. Usually don't but the Sunday sale is going to be so difficult for me this year (on holiday in South America) that maybe I'd just rather get it done on Thursday. I don't mind doing a day less in theory because I'd have more energy for the weekend, but it's the fact it costs the same that puts me off. Feel like I wouldn't be getting bang for my buck.

Cost of holidays crisis going on here.