ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

28 minutes ago, ICESTONE said:

do we still think tickets are going to be hard to come by what with the massive increase in inflation and cost of living,

Glasto must use an awful lot of energy and all thats going to need paying for.

10/15% inflation and that increase that should put tickets at £350-£400.

some bedtime reading in this thread .... and a poll that might be a little out of date at this point ... but interesting anyway .. also need to bare in mind it might be a little skewed as most voters will be hardcore festival goers 

Edited by crazyfool1

2 hours ago, ICESTONE said:

Yep, one of the real shockers for the bean counters is the price of diesel for all the plant, machinery and especially generators. 

EDIT, and one of my neighbours who works in the GFL office said in the spring that the cost of pretty much everything infrastructure wise had increased by around 30% since the budget was worked out for the 2020 festival. 

This spring the rules on red diesel were changed. Now only agriculture, forestry and fisheries can use red. Three or four years ago red, in bulk, was about 50p/l. We all know how much white diesel is now.... 

Edited by Sawdusty surfer

3 hours ago, ICESTONE said:

do we still think tickets are going to be hard to come by what with the massive increase in inflation and cost of living,

10/15% inflation and that increase that should put tickets at £350-£400.

Demand will be affected for sure, but honestly I've got no idea to what degree. I'm going to approach the sale same as any other - assume that it's going to be tough and go all out.

I don't think ticket price will go up anywhere near that degree - 325 at most.

10 hours ago, incident said:

Demand will be affected for sure, but honestly I've got no idea to what degree. I'm going to approach the sale same as any other - assume that it's going to be tough and go all out.

I don't think ticket price will go up anywhere near that degree - 325 at most.

I wish they would offer an instalment option for those that want to...I pay (via See Tickets as well) for my Truck Festival ticket monthly which works out at £15 per month.  

Could See Tickets adopt the queue system that Ticketmaster have been using for The Boss, Styles, etc?

On using it seems worse as you can join on the nail and still have the dispiriting sight of 50,000 people ahead of you in the queue - but on the other hand I've not come away from o e of thos sales disappointed.

8 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Given the demand for Springsteen, Styles, Coldplay etc tickets, quite often at high cost, I'm not anticipating this year's ticket bunfight being any easier. But there maybe more going back into the pot for resale after the cost of living increases will have really hit home.

It may put off the more 'casual' attendee once the true cost hits home.

9 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Given the demand for Springsteen, Styles, Coldplay etc tickets, quite often at high cost, I'm not anticipating this year's ticket bunfight being any easier. But there maybe more going back into the pot for resale after the cost of living increases will have really hit home.

Now you’ve said it I can see this probably being more the case that more tickets go back into the resale. 

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Now you’ve said it I can see this probably being more the case that more tickets go back into the resale. 

Yeah this is how I see it playing out.

The cost of living crisis hasn't started to bite yet for many so reality won't hit home until the winter / early spring.

29 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yeah this is how I see it playing out.

The cost of living crisis hasn't started to bite yet for many so reality won't hit home until the winter / early spring.

Plus the balance is higher on top of all of that. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Could See Tickets adopt the queue system that Ticketmaster have been using for The Boss, Styles, etc?

On using it seems worse as you can join on the nail and still have the dispiriting sight of 50,000 people ahead of you in the queue - but on the other hand I've not come away from o e of thos sales disappointed.

Can't see seetickets changing this year. Think my world would fall apart if I could see the number of sessions in the queue. 

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

What are we thinking ticket price will be then?

With inflation i'm thinking £300+

Max 325 so a shade over 10%.

I think the festival will be very conscious about the optics of going any higher than that and will be more likely to cut back (entire areas if needs be) than to raise it any further.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Could they / might they put the deposit up ? Or does this have all kinds of tax implications?  Just thinking if people had  a bit more money now before the impacts hit us …. And that might give Glastonbury some extra interest to fund things ? 

I think the admin fee / non-refundable part is more likely to go up than the deposit itself. Much less of a headline grabber and more likely to encourage people to pay the balance in April if they only get say a tenner (or even nothing) back from the initial deposit.

On 9/2/2022 at 8:20 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Ticketmasters business model is to throttle actual traffic to their site while their bots siphon off tickets to send straight to stubhub, Harry Styles tickets front of stage appeared on that site for £2000+ within about 30 seconds of going on sale.

I wouldn't piss on ticketmaster if it was on fire, buts its all tied into the livenation monopoly and we all know about that.

How do I join an efestival group to up our chances of getting tickets please?

My husband and I have been trying for tickets most years since we've been together (2010) but we have always failed! We volunteered with the recycling crew in 2016 and 2022 (husband also volunteered with Oxfam in 2002, those are the 3 times he's been to festival. I've been with friends in 2003 and 2007 but it was my friends that managed to get me tickets). We love volunteering but it's his 40th and we would love to just go as regular punters for once! I'm hoping 2023 will be our year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harebell said:

My husband and I have been trying for tickets most years since we've been together (2010) but we have always failed! We volunteered with the recycling crew in 2016 and 2022 (husband also volunteered with Oxfam in 2002, those are the 3 times he's been to festival. I've been with friends in 2003 and 2007 but it was my friends that managed to get me tickets). We love volunteering but it's his 40th and we would love to just go as regular punters for once! I'm hoping 2023 will be our year.

I would also be interested in joining this and finding out how it works with regards to money?

Although, this is mainly because I have slowly become obsessed with the festival over the past 3/4 years thanks to this forum! Would love to get some help getting tickets, as well as being able to give help to others as I know how much it means!

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2022 at 8:20 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

This would cause far far far fewer people on efests to get a ticket.

3 hours ago, Harebell said:

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

I would also be interested in joining this and finding out how it works with regards to money?

Although, this is mainly because I have slowly become obsessed with the festival over the past 3/4 years thanks to this forum! Would love to get some help getting tickets, as well as being able to give help to others as I know how much it means!

Closer to the sale people start making threads about it etc, sounds like you’ve got a solid start for a group though 🙂 

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2022 at 10:01 AM, crazyfool1 said:

Could they / might they put the deposit up ? Or does this have all kinds of tax implications?  Just thinking if people had  a bit more money now before the impacts hit us …. And that might give Glastonbury some extra interest to fund things ? 

I don't think they get the deposit at all until after the festival is finished with he rest of the ticket fees.

Wouldn't it be seen as an asset on the accounting?