Mad Cool 2023

edge235

4 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

Going to Mad Cool for the first time. Have a day ticket for the QotSA day, but spending a few nights in Madrid. Any recommendations on where abouts to stay? 

Like you, I've got a day ticket (Saturday though) and I'm surrounding it with a couple of days exploring the city. Because of that, I stay near Gran Via, rather than near the festival site, as there's not much around there outside the festival. Probably even more so this year, judging by the proposed location. If you were purely there for the festival, I'd have suggested nearer the site but as you're not, I'd stay more central to the city. That said, it can be a bit of a mission getting back from the festival, but as it's only one night you need to do it, you'll be fine. I went for all three days in 2018, and it was a real trek back! It's a nice city, lots to see.

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Like you, I've got a day ticket (Saturday though) and I'm surrounding it with a couple of days exploring the city. Because of that, I stay near Gran Via, rather than near the festival site, as there's not much around there outside the festival. Probably even more so this year, judging by the proposed location. If you were purely there for the festival, I'd have suggested nearer the site but as you're not, I'd stay more central to the city. That said, it can be a bit of a mission getting back from the festival, but as it's only one night you need to do it, you'll be fine. I went for all three days in 2018, and it was a real trek back! It's a nice city, lots to see.

Ah nice! Shame we wont be there on the same day. Its a trek but is there public transport on? And do yo7 know what time the headliners finish? 

2 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

Ah nice! Shame we wont be there on the same day. Its a trek but is there public transport on? And do yo7 know what time the headliners finish? 

Yeah, that's a shame. 

Not sure about public transport. I remember getting a bus back a couple of times, then walking back to Gran Vía. 

Headliner finishing times can depend on the day. Anywhere between midnight and 3am. Hopefully the times will be out in the next few weeks. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2023 at 10:28 AM, Akujin said:

Am I the only one who got like 3-4 emails about wristbands and pretty much nothing else? Even tho I specifically selected picking it up at the venue…

Yep. I'm the same! I've filled out the forms to indicate I'd prefer it to be posted but I'm not convinced it will be. This is the problem with Mad Cool. So much ambiguity, nothing is ever clear. Watch me get to the box office without my wristband only to discover it was posted...

I also challenged them on the recent Instagram post that still had Janelle on it. As did a few others. No response.

Getting excited now despite this generally shambolic build up. Seems to be a campaign on social media from Villaverde / Getafe residents against the festival being held there, so more evidence that's where it'll be.

Really could do with some stage times as we're really liking quite a few of the smaller acts so worried we're headed for clash central. Won't get my hopes up tho, think they published them the week of the festival for Andalucia Big...

18 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Getting excited now despite this generally shambolic build up. Seems to be a campaign on social media from Villaverde / Getafe residents against the festival being held there, so more evidence that's where it'll be.

Really could do with some stage times as we're really liking quite a few of the smaller acts so worried we're headed for clash central. Won't get my hopes up tho, think they published them the week of the festival for Andalucia Big...

IDK man, I can’t get excited until they finally confirm the location. 

2 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

less than a month away.

truly bizarre carry on.

I dug around and a person on twitter said that they passed the area and preparations are massively under way, there are a lot of trucks.

Edited by Akujin