Taylor swift

brettredmayne

15 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

This would be so fun (and completely not gonna happen). But imagine if she did the Midnights show at wembley Stadium during the day then in the evening she did a more folklovermore show at Wembley Arena. Similar to prince at the O2 / IndigO2. not wanting the party to end! 

Imagine trying to get tickets for a Folklore show in an arena !

The Glastonbury equivalent would be her doing 10 Pyramid shows back to back with each album played in full. Nothing less would do. 

Unfortunately she’s got that many bangers at this point that it’d need a three hour set to include everything, even if she completely ignored the new album (which obviously wouldn’t happen). So a separate Folklore show where those songs can get the space and atmosphere they deserve, rather than being treated as a toilet break opportunity by half the crowd, feels like the best option. 

Not that it’ll happen mind you. She’s never been one for playing more shows than is strictly necessary, and especially not in the last 5-8 years. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Full album shows aren't my favourite at best of times, but especially not for the lockdown albums. Would much ratger have a greatest hits show.

She tends to do album shows - if the tour is billed as 'the midnights tour' 70% of the songs will be off midnights i would think. It might be different this time as there are 3 albums she's not toured...it's going to be interesting!

Midnights will obviously be the main focus, more or less in its entity if the previous tours are anything to go off, then one or two from each of folklore and evermore, and then more or less just some of the singles from the previous albums I’d imagine. Whether she’ll stick with that formula for any festivals she does is another story, but I don’t see her deviating from it too much - the new one will’ve been out long enough that it’s ingrained in everybody’s minds by then so no fear of people not being familiar or anything like that.

7 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

She tends to do album shows - if the tour is billed as 'the midnights tour' 70% of the songs will be off midnights i would think. It might be different this time as there are 3 albums she's not toured...it's going to be interesting!

I fear we may see the end of her absolute biggest hits (Love Story, WANEGBT, Shake It Off etc) being guaranteed staples at every show. Just no way she can fit everything in. 

9 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

I fear we may see the end of her absolute biggest hits (Love Story, WANEGBT, Shake It Off etc) being guaranteed staples at every show. Just no way she can fit everything in. 

Shake It Off isn’t going anywhere imo, but the others have already been relegated to medleys at some of her previous shows so think that may become the standard for some of her older hits now. 

43 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Yeah - I know. But if she's playing El Pointo she needs to bring the hits.

It's not much of a song to be fair.

15 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

wrong. Anyway point is her idea of ‘hits’ is possibly quite different from ours 😖 Would not be surprised if there was a maximum of three songs from the pre-1989 days. 

That's the worst case scenario. The pre 1989 work is gold and doesn't deserve to be d@bbed down.

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

if HAIM hadn’t played this year I could’ve seen her bringing them out for No Body No Crime. think Evermore might just end up totally ignored. 

There is a joke amongst fans that Taylor doesn’t love Evermore, and it’s her unloved child.

I am expecting absolutely 0 songs from Evermore in the upcoming tour setlist. I know I haven’t heard Midnights yet but I’m guessing it will be more upbeat than Evermore. I think Folklore having August etc will make the cut, but nothing from Evermore. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

There is a joke amongst fans that Taylor doesn’t love Evermore, and it’s her unloved child.

I am expecting absolutely 0 songs from Evermore in the upcoming tour setlist. I know I haven’t heard Midnights yet but I’m guessing it will be more upbeat than Evermore. I think Folklore having August etc will make the cut, but nothing from Evermore. 

I said at the time that Evermore felt for the most part like a bunch of songs that weren’t quite good enough for Folklore. Stand by it. Still by no means outright bad but certainly her weakest album since Self Titled.