Taylor swift

brettredmayne

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Tbh I’m of the view that she signed during the rep era where things were looking wobbly for her.

Since then she’s done the mad thing where she has ascended above where she was even with 1989.

I’m almost of the view she will never come back to Glastonbury. Perhaps saving it until her career takes a tumble.

Kinda get what you mean. The 2020 appearance was meant to be within a wider festival run, I was meant to see her at Mad cool I remember. Surely she wouldn’t go back and do fests like that if she can probs play a stadium in Madrid and make more money. Basically comes down to whether she will make an exception to play Glasto. Stranger things have happened tbf and her bff Ed Sheeran has done it and her bf is English isn’t he. Maybe she actively wants to play it and it just fits in better for 2024

Yeah she was announced for Nos Alive in portugal too. Its tough to see her going in that direction now.

on the other hand sheeran is a friend and she and stormzy were chatting at that awards the other day. She will be being told glasto is “the” show to do in the UK by a variety of people she respects. Haim love it, girl in red and pheobe did it this year all of who are her tour supports

44 minutes ago, gfa said:

Avoiding TM isn't the answer for Taylor Swift - she should get other artists together to put political pressure on Biden.

She could 100% do her own tour with her own stages, she is bigger than Pearl Jam or Radiohead and so has better scales of economy. Build her own stage and do 5 shows at it, move to the next place etc vs moving every night

It would certainly be funny if she used her power to shaft TM. 

Clearly few expect it, but she has the  freedom and money to do most things. 

20 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Kinda get what you mean. The 2020 appearance was meant to be within a wider festival run, I was meant to see her at Mad cool I remember. Surely she wouldn’t go back and do fests like that if she can probs play a stadium in Madrid and make more money. Basically comes down to whether she will make an exception to play Glasto. Stranger things have happened tbf and her bff Ed Sheeran has done it and her bf is English isn’t he. Maybe she actively wants to play it and it just fits in better for 2024

11 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Yeah she was announced for Nos Alive in portugal too. Its tough to see her going in that direction now.

on the other hand sheeran is a friend and she and stormzy were chatting at that awards the other day. She will be being told glasto is “the” show to do in the UK by a variety of people she respects. Haim love it, girl in red and pheobe did it this year all of who are her tour supports

From following her for a bit now it appears she’s focused on breaking records at the moment, and she’s clearly going to break a record with this US tour. It just doesn’t feel like the right time for her to do Glastonbury now. Festival tour was needed last time to shake things up, but right now demand for her to do stadiums is through the roof.

She could include a Glastonbury show in a stadium run, it’s not impossible at all, but she’s declined Glastonbury now twice since the pandemic happened. I don’t think she’s in a rush to come back at all. Especially not in a rush to come back to Europe. I also think her priority once she finally comes here will be the big ticket stadium events. She feels far far far away from a nice gesture or a step down from her pedestal. She’s surely unlikely to come back to the European festivals she was scheduled for. I wonder if the only reason she did them is because there was a cast of doubt during rep/lover that she could actually pull off stadium dates in Europe.

Things have totally and utterly changed because her entire career has had the biggest second wind boost we’ve seen in an artist for generations. 

Edited by Matt42

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She could include a Glastonbury show in a stadium run, it’s not impossible at all, but she’s declined Glastonbury now twice since the pandemic happened. I don’t think she’s in a rush to come back at all. Especially not in a rush to come back to Europe. I also think her priority once she finally comes here will be the big ticket stadium events. She feels far far far away from a nice gesture or a step down from her pedestal. She’s surely unlikely to come back to the European festivals she was scheduled for. I wonder if the only reason she did them is because there was a cast of doubt during rep/lover that she could actually pull off stadium dates in Europe.

Things have totally and utterly changed because her entire career has had the biggest second wind boost we’ve seen in an artist for generations. 

She’s not really declined glasto twice, she hasnt been in Europe since. This tour will clearly go into 2024 so won’t know till then 

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

She’s not really declined glasto twice, she hasnt been in Europe since. This tour will clearly go into 2024 so won’t know till then 

Just feel very very very pessimistic about the situation because the incentive for her to do glastonbury right now is dwindling.

It’s a massive event, but you can’t deny that most headliners do it because it’s a “boost”. Or something you do to put yourself on the map. Billie/Ed Sheeran while on top of their game when they did it - they did it at a point where they were establishing themselves as outright headliners.

Adele did it at her peak, but she likes to keep her touring to the minimum. So one big high profile show fits her model a bit more.

Swift is about breaking records and making money. I just don’t think it’s a coincidence that she signed on to do Glastonbury right after the rep tour, which had multiple dates that did not sell out.

6 hours ago, gfa said:

Avoiding TM isn't the answer for Taylor Swift - she should get other artists together to put political pressure on Biden.

She could 100% do her own tour with her own stages, she is bigger than Pearl Jam or Radiohead and so has better scales of economy. Build her own stage and do 5 shows at it, move to the next place etc vs moving every night

You know that was the point of this tour? Its been laid out moreso with Harry Styles and how he did his tour. And the story I had posted about Rihana with the "hybrid touring" model and U2 gonna do the same. Address this first, where do you do the shows if youre gonna be on your own. Not to say its impossible at all, its very feasible, but where. Not talking about the Uk either cause you can just find some empty field and do a gig. Then we get to the sales part, thats not the hard part, its just finding a more fair way to do it that doesnt upset everyone.

Congress and local government can get the ball rolling on this. Theyve been violating their consent decree anyway and this might be the last straw. Artists need to get together and say they wont do dynamic or platinum ticketing for starters and then figure out how to do presales better than verified. Which is easy cause they can just get Sandbag to do presales like it always used to do for artists.  Btw, baseball stadiums are not beholden to ticketmaster for example. And there are parks that can deal with this, but you gotta find the space.

she could just say screw it and do vegas in a stadium and play til kingdom come.

also i doubt she speaks out about this. And might be a chance the leftover tickets get sold for charity lol. Somebody had a rep tell them that. We'll see

327D3712-0837-42C5-8804-E981C58039FC.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

6 hours ago, clarkete said:

It would certainly be funny if she used her power to shaft TM. 

Clearly few expect it, but she has the  freedom and money to do most things. 

I dunno. It'd be cool, but it still feels like expecting a woman to make all the effort avoided up till now by the likes of U2 and the Stones.

9 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Why would she?

She's absolutely raking it in.

PR and marketing genius (there's loads of articles out there on this)

A simple 'To those who are wanting to get tickets, I'm sorry. We are working very hard to get as many of you who want tickets to my shows the possibility to do so, please stay tuned' You know, anything.

I’ve always thought people were being ridiculous when they said Glastonbury/the ticket sale might be swarmed with a particular type of fan if they’re heavily rumoured before ticket day (or announced before the resale) but damn, that might well be the case if Taylor ever decides to do Glastonbury in the future. What an absolute mess this whole Ticketmaster thing is. It’s one thing to try and fail at getting tickets, but to not even get that opportunity because you didn’t have access to the presale is incredibly shitty. Totally understand people being furious over this.

3 minutes ago, 2loor2iller said:

I’ve always thought people were being ridiculous when they said Glastonbury/the ticket sale might be swarmed with a particular type of fan if they’re heavily rumoured before ticket day (or announced before the resale) but damn, that might well be the case if Taylor ever decides to do Glastonbury in the future. What an absolute mess this whole Ticketmaster thing is. It’s one thing to try and fail at getting tickets, but to not even get that opportunity because you didn’t have access to the presale is incredibly shitty. Totally understand people being furious over this.

This is why I was glad she announced her tour dates before the glasto ticket day. So many people on tiktok were talking about the possibility of her being a headliner, having her fans trying to get tickets too would've have fully crashed seetickets. 

11 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Why would she?

She's absolutely raking it in.

PR and marketing genius (there's loads of articles out there on this)

So its genius marketing to prevent people from buying tickets? And  purposefully shutting down a part of of the internet was all calculated? Was it her crusade to take down the ticket provider she is using for her tour? So destroying the hand that feeds you is genius? Yeah, no. She is complicit in this whether you want to admit it or not though. Dont wanna hear any of the "she doesnt control anything" shit.

right now she cant speak. The time to have done that was when it was officially announced and all the onsale info was given. If there was clarity between the process and ticket prices and such then that wouldve shown some level of caring for everyone trying. The other time to have said something was Tuesday morning when the later onsales had to be pushed and it was a mess. That was a perfect time to put out a short statement saying "sorry its so crazy, but thanks for hanging in there. Theyre working on it and hope you get tickets". That wouldve bought a lot of good will. Right now it would be as if she was trying to stop the building from burning down when its already ashes if she said anything.

the only genius thing right now is every re seller raised their prices even higher cause they have all the tickets now and everyone thats left  without em has to fight for those one way or another. 

C9A7A35F-C109-4B89-818C-B62648D4EE0B.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Old git question.

What exactly is a "pre-sale"?

Isn't it just a sale?

Certainly seems that way now.

In theory there were a number of tickets allocated so that people who say bought the album or in a fan club would be able to buy tickers the day before all the other tickets went on sale. An advantage maybe.  Nowadays though everyone gets the code or you gave things like O2 priority.  So just another sale day but should be for limited tickets