Taylor swift

brettredmayne

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Would say that the fact people are listing tickets at those prices doesn't automatically mean people are buying them.

I mean, if anyone wants to offer me 95k for my Glastonbury ticket, I'm happy to have that conversation.

That's the point though isn't it. I couldn't blame any person for selling a ticket if they get to that kind of price. That'd pay off a lot of peoples mortgages. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

Would say that the fact people are listing tickets at those prices doesn't automatically mean people are buying them.

I mean, if anyone wants to offer me 95k for my Glastonbury ticket, I'm happy to have that conversation.

Does that include the face transplant required for the photo ID? 😊

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Does that include the face transplant required for the photo ID? 😊

Come to me on the gate and I’ll turn a blind eye and let you in for £10K, no transplant required 😂

The high prices are always a thing. You can find a $10,000 ticket for some random gig listed on stubhub. Pretty much a mine planted for somebody thats stupid enough to buy the ticket. 

And this really hits the point home. If there wasnt so much xenophobia just a year ago maybe things couldve been done differently, but you need squeaky clean taylor to do it all

5 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Old git question.

What exactly is a "pre-sale"?

Isn't it just a sale?

It is, but its just " special" in terms of access. Its been hammered into everyones mind that the first question you ask when a gig is announced "when is the pre sale"? And even moreso now that jt makes you have to buy tickets early to make sure you get a ticket or the best tickets available. Gatekeeping of the highest order. Want some insight? Read this article and maybe even the extra research put into it too. Very interesting to see all the casual concert goers see the underbelly of what happens because they finally got placed into this situation.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7g45a/why-ticket-brokers-can-get-taylor-swift-tickets-ticketmaster-live-nation-monopoly?utm_source=reddit.com

also bonus article. Bruce is cool with it cause he is old and wants his final bag of money even though he doesnt need it.

https://consequence.net/2022/11/bruce-springsteen-ticket-prices/

Edited by Suprefan

4 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

It’s all she can say, the real issues are the touts and if she really wants to meme a stand it should have been ID needed.

I’m aware this is tough for a stadium show but even if you check 40% it will be put people off touting tickets 

It really doesnt.  Could lists lots of ways theyve tried to deter touts in the u.s and every solution found to get around that over the years. 

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

It really doesnt.  Could lists lots of ways theyve tried to deter touts in the u.s and every solution found to get around that over the years. 

ID is pretty much the best one , and the easiest to do .

it’s still not 100% but it would deter a lot of touts.

i agree it doesn’t look like that’s it for American dates on this leg of the tour and now it’s what she wants to do internationally 

3 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

ID is pretty much the best one , and the easiest to do .

it’s still not 100% but it would deter a lot of touts.

i agree it doesn’t look like that’s it for American dates on this leg of the tour and now it’s what she wants to do internationally 

Easy example. "Paperless ticketing" which was essentially credit card entry. First introduced when Tom Waits did his last tour in 2009. You had to use the credit card you paid for tickets to get into the venue after they scanned it and checked id. Guess what, you could go to the box office at the gigs and claim your card was lost. They had to print your tickets for you and off you go. So if im a tout and i show up, show them my order info and such and get them, then hand them off to the buyer. Done and done.

20 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Easy example. "Paperless ticketing" which was essentially credit card entry. First introduced when Tom Waits did his last tour in 2009. You had to use the credit card you paid for tickets to get into the venue after they scanned it and checked id. Guess what, you could go to the box office at the gigs and claim your card was lost. They had to print your tickets for you and off you go. So if im a tout and i show up, show them my order info and such and get them, then hand them off to the buyer. Done and done.

If you need to match the name and address it does work to a certain extent so why not say this 

Apologies if some if this has already been said, but I think the thing that's particular egregious about Verified Fan in its current form is that, presumably in order to try to prevent server overload, etc., even if you have jumped through the hoops to be registered as a Verified Fan, you still don't necessarily get the opportunity to buy tickets - Ticketmaster randomly select a certain number of people to receive codes to even try for tickets. If you don't get that code, you have no chance of buying a ticket.

The absolute worst part of this sale is that the Q&A for the tour specifically said:

Will there be a way to purchase tickets other than the TaylorSwiftTix Presale powered by Verified Fan?

Yes. The General Public On-Sale will be Friday, November 18 at 10AM local venue time.

so by actually selling all the tickets in the Verified Fan presale (whether deliberately or otherwise), that turned out to be wrong, and there really was nothing you could do to guarantee being able to even participate in the ticket sale.

Thinking about the highs and lows of the Glastonbury sale, at least you always feel like you have a shot. In this system, many people didn't get to even try, and I can understand why that would feel very, very frustrating.

However, presumably, Taylor's team signed off on the number of people to issue access codes to, and the number of tickets to allow to be sold during the Verified Fan presale...in which case, it's arguably not Ticketmaster's fault.

If, of course, those weren't actually agreed with Taylor's team, and were either unilateral Ticketmaster decisions or, much worse in the case of the ticket allocation, system errors, then that's quite different...

8 minutes ago, stuartasmith85 said:

Apologies if some if this has already been said, but I think the thing that's particular egregious about Verified Fan in its current form is that, presumably in order to try to prevent server overload, etc., even if you have jumped through the hoops to be registered as a Verified Fan, you still don't necessarily get the opportunity to buy tickets - Ticketmaster randomly select a certain number of people to receive codes to even try for tickets. If you don't get that code, you have no chance of buying a ticket.

The absolute worst part of this sale is that the Q&A for the tour specifically said:

Will there be a way to purchase tickets other than the TaylorSwiftTix Presale powered by Verified Fan?

Yes. The General Public On-Sale will be Friday, November 18 at 10AM local venue time.

so by actually selling all the tickets in the Verified Fan presale (whether deliberately or otherwise), that turned out to be wrong, and there really was nothing you could do to guarantee being able to even participate in the ticket sale.

Thinking about the highs and lows of the Glastonbury sale, at least you always feel like you have a shot. In this system, many people didn't get to even try, and I can understand why that would feel very, very frustrating.

However, presumably, Taylor's team signed off on the number of people to issue access codes to, and the number of tickets to allow to be sold during the Verified Fan presale...in which case, it's arguably not Ticketmaster's fault.

If, of course, those weren't actually agreed with Taylor's team, and were either unilateral Ticketmaster decisions or, much worse in the case of the ticket allocation, system errors, then that's quite different...

They get to decide how much goes to what for sure. Even the credit card sale had its own selection and thats a percentage that gets sectioned out. Like i said, it used to be and sometimes still is normal practice to sell everything early, either to get the second show on sale or to just sell it out regardless. There arent really any rules as to the requirement of a general sale anymore. If they had to do that then they could put 10 tickets up for sale on general and say "we tried".

8 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Cause the resellers will go to certain extents to get their sale done.

I think you are over estimating scalpers , the vast majority of scalpers online are just happy to do it as it requires little work and is completely faceless.

if you thow in there need to have actual ID to match the ticket it will stop a lot of it. I remember seeing Radiohead at the roundhouse where everyone that joined the queue had ID checked and then got given a wristband. 

Someone joined the queue who had bought it off a tout and was refused entry . If that story becomes the norm then tours will have no market place to sell too as no one would risk it 

Edited by brettredmayne

I always wonder if anyone actually pays the X thousands people try reselling them for.

What's the most you've heard someone overpay for a ticket?

I used to work with a guy who bought a ticket off Viagogo for the lisbon Eurovision song contest. He paid a fortune. Don't think people realise what sites like that are and don't go to many gigs so assume the going rate is really high.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

I always wonder if anyone actually pays the X thousands people try reselling them for.

I used to work with a guy who bought a ticket off Viagogo for the lisbon Eurovision song contest. He paid a fortune. Don't think people realise what sites like that are and don't go to many gigs so assume the going rate is really high.

I know someone who paid a lot of money to see the 49ers at the Super Bowl , a few grand a ticket 

26 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I think you are over estimating scalpers , the vast majority of scalpers online are just happy to do it as it requires little work and is completely faceless.

The vice article that @Suprefan linked to above was quite informative about the steps some of them take when doing it as a business - outlay for forum membership or Web tools, access to multiple cards for presales, getting additional folks to register to evade purchase limits, etc

The rolling stones tickets I got this year for myself and 2 friends were stored on my phone, I think it was the AXS app and the share option on the app was greyed out so tickets couldn't be shared. When we got to the concert I had to open the app and they scanned each ticket and gave us wristbands. Wouldn't this method stop the touts? 

5 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

I have an American friend who paid $3000 for a Morrissey VIP box ticket.