Taylor swift

brettredmayne

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

How much of the setlist is snippets / medleys?

If its all full tracks then it's giving Springsteen.

Eight marked as ‘shortened’ so it could be better but could also be a lot worse. Enchanted is probably the most disappointing victim. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/taylor-swift/2023/state-farm-stadium-glendale-az-bbb91ce.html

Jesus Christ. 3 hours is the absolute dream. Can’t have any complaints at all with that setlist, yeah there’s one or two I’d like and I’d rather not see Style shortened, but no chance am I complaining that she’s gone full on fucking Springsteen and doing marathon shows. Bring this on next year!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Just cut out the Evermore section and most of Midnights, job done. 

I don’t see why she can’t do this show on the Pyramid. We’ve had plenty of recent examples of acts being given however long they want, and Emily is clearly absolutely desperate to get her on the farm. She’ll be given cart blanche. One or two might get trimmed just because it’s not necessarily a hardcore audience, but I see no issue with this show more or less making it to the farm intact.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don’t see why she can’t do this show on the Pyramid. We’ve had plenty of recent examples of acts being given however long they want, and Emily is clearly absolutely desperate to get her on the farm. She’ll be given cart blanche. One or two might get trimmed just because it’s not necessarily a hardcore audience, but I see no issue with this show more or less making it to the farm intact.

Sure, in theory she could do the show as it exists, but if she was sensible then I think the order would need to be rejigged at the very least. Encouraging a mass exodus after Love Story and then ending the show with five relatively unremarkable album tracks in a row would not be wise. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

31 minutes ago, jparx said:

Jesus Christ. 3 hours is the absolute dream. Can’t have any complaints at all with that setlist, yeah there’s one or two I’d like and I’d rather not see Style shortened, but no chance am I complaining that she’s gone full on fucking Springsteen and doing marathon shows. Bring this on next year!

I thought pyramid headliners arent allowed to do 3 hours. Thems the efestival rules apparently.

This specific show would have to be watered down quite a bit for glasto though. No catwalk and lots of those production elements couldnt even be utilized due to restrictions the pyramid even presents. I think you just hope she turns up eventually more than anything. Wanting a carbon copy of it is a tall order.

Edited by Suprefan

I’m hearing y’all but I still think this show may well end up on the Pyramid. Happy to concede some cuts and some tweaking here and there, but we know Emily is desperate to book her and this is the show Taylor is doing right now. If you trim half an hour off it taking out some of the lesser known album tracks, you’ve got a 2 1/2 hour greatest hits set which is ideal for Glastonbury IMO. Yeah there might be a run of songs that your average Joe isn’t aware of, but I think you just have faith you’ll have enough Swifties there for it to work. Headline sets don’t have to cater fully to every person and their dog, and even Macca drew (ludicrous) criticism for his setlist choice. This is one of the biggest acts in the world on one of the biggest tours ever, getting this on the Pyramid would be enormous for Glastonbury.

I expected 25 songs max. Even with 8 shortened. My guess is she mixes up a fair few songs during the tour. Lots to work with.

Not including midnight stuff because it won't. Personally I'd cut:

Marjorie, tolerate it, Ready for it. Use this time to extend the 1989 songs. Put All Too Well as the last song.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I’m hearing y’all but I still think this show may well end up on the Pyramid. Happy to concede some cuts and some tweaking here and there, but we know Emily is desperate to book her and this is the show Taylor is doing right now. If you trim half an hour off it taking out some of the lesser known album tracks, you’ve got a 2 1/2 hour greatest hits set which is ideal for Glastonbury IMO. Yeah there might be a run of songs that your average Joe isn’t aware of, but I think you just have faith you’ll have enough Swifties there for it to work. Headline sets don’t have to cater fully to every person and their dog, and even Macca drew (ludicrous) criticism for his setlist choice. This is one of the biggest acts in the world on one of the biggest tours ever, getting this on the Pyramid would be enormous for Glastonbury.

I don't think anyone doubts that Emily would want it. That's not the question.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Feels like a non starter.

Cut a bunch of Evermore. 2 from folklore. Take out mirrorball. Take 'fearless' out. Take out 1 from reputation. Cut Tim McGraw and 1 from Midnight. 34-35 song setlist with it pretty much being a greatest hits style show. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Probably need to trim a few but they often give headliners long slots. The Foos, The Cure, the Killers got 2 hours and Radiohead were booked for 2 hours 15. Macca got 2 hrs 15 and gleefully ran for 3.

59 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not convinced. The entire concept is so fan service-y that it'd go over the heads of anyone who's not a Swiftie.  Feels like an odd fit.

I have a feeling she'd change it up for the festival. This concept is great for fans and that's exactly who are going to her headline shows. A festival is different and I'm sure there will be alterations.