All Points East 2023

gfa

14 hours ago, jr1312 said:

I believe that the park events are up for tender so dates will probably be decided by whoever wins the tender and the 2 weekends/4 day decision will be based on what is requested in the tender

Part of the lockdown response from Tower Hamlets was an increased capacity and an additional option Year on the original tender to make up for the cancelation in 2020. So that takes it to the end of 2023, which is probably why we haven’t seen any tender be released for next year yet. 

1 hour ago, Al2006 said:

Yeah agree The Cure might be too big..

It sounds like Portishead might be about - could be a good shout?

Haha why do people keep saying Portishead are about, it's my bug bare on this forum. Geoff Barrow said a couple months back in a instagram q and a they had no plans for Portishead.

8 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Haha why do people keep saying Portishead are about, it's my bug bare on this forum. Geoff Barrow said a couple months back in a instagram q and a they had no plans for Portishead.

Is it ironic that I read it on this forum and just assumed it to be true? 🤣🤣🤣

Heard quite a few rumours in the industry that it’s moving back to late May/early June. I think seeing as it clashes with Reading fest and the busiest days of 2022/2021 had the younger dance/R&B/grime artists having it earlier could be smart move to drive ticket sales.

Thinking of big dance acts that will have released albums over the last 18 months by then, I reckon we could see Chase and Status headline a day similar to that of disclosure this year, but with a D&B focused line-up throughout the day. Drum and bass has had a huge comeback over the last 18 months and they could definitely sell a lot of tickets with a strong day lineup.

Reckon we could see Bring me the Horizon back for a rock-based day (Reading fest headline set went down very well) or even Paramore as they’re due a new album early next year.

Maybe a push but based on the size of his crowd this year and the new album coming it’s certainly possible Fred again… could headline either a Field Day or a separate dance day.

I noticed Loyle Carner sold out wembley arena in under 10 mins today. He sub-headlined the London Grammar day and is extremely popular so not completely out of the question that he could at least joint headline a day.

Finally, I reckon there’s a strong chance we’ll get Florence and the machine headlining a day. They’ve done BST Hyde park two times before so would make sense to do somewhere different in London next summer .

Edit: Dermot Kennedy is pretty huge now and has a new album coming, so would throw his name in the ring as a possible headliner too.

Edited by Jbucks

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

In terms of dancey acts, pendulum could be in with a shout

co with chase and status would be good.

9 hours ago, Jbucks said:

Heard quite a few rumours in the industry that it’s moving back to late May/early June. I think seeing as it clashes with Reading fest and the busiest days of 2022/2021 had the younger dance/R&B/grime artists having it earlier could be smart move to drive ticket sales.

Thinking of big dance acts that will have released albums over the last 18 months by then, I reckon we could see Chase and Status headline a day similar to that of disclosure this year, but with a D&B focused line-up throughout the day. Drum and bass has had a huge comeback over the last 18 months and they could definitely sell a lot of tickets with a strong day lineup.

Reckon we could see Bring me the Horizon back for a rock-based day (Reading fest headline set went down very well) or even Paramore as they’re due a new album early next year.

Maybe a push but based on the size of his crowd this year and the new album coming it’s certainly possible Fred again… could headline either a Field Day or a separate dance day.

I noticed Loyle Carner sold out wembley arena in under 10 mins today. He sub-headlined the London Grammar day and is extremely popular so not completely out of the question that he could at least joint headline a day.

Finally, I reckon there’s a strong chance we’ll get Florence and the machine headlining a day. They’ve done BST Hyde park two times before so would make sense to do somewhere different in London next summer .

Edit: Dermot Kennedy is pretty huge now and has a new album coming, so would throw his name in the ring as a possible headliner too.

Lots of good shouts - get fred back asap!

On 9/10/2022 at 11:58 AM, gfa said:

image.png.db8f3bd4ac2ad90480446ef16cc1e06b.png

They're kind of a weird one to place imo. Big enough to have sold 65k plus at London Stadium in 2017 so could easily be seen as just doing that kind of thing again, but equally could be the sort of act a festival like this could be built around.

Wait and see for when they have an official announcement to their 2023 plans I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 1:07 AM, Jbucks said:

I hope not, it was good to have festivals  spread out over the whole summer with their run in August.

Also would they really want to clash with both primavera weekends and now wide awake which are early June?

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson