All Points East 2023

gfa

3 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Confirmed August. Rules out QOTSA I would guess as we know they are in Europe in June. 

Last years line up was released end of November. 

Wild guesses -

Massive Attack / Young Fathers 

Bjork / Little Simz 

Pulp / Kooks / Wet Leg / Stereolab 

Field Day - Four Tet / Aphex Twin 

Loyle Carner / Florence & The Machine

Nine Inch Nails (in my dreams) 

Florence is a headliner

That Field Day would be class

Kooks were co-headlining with the wombats a few years back, don't think they still would be but not sure they'd sub either. They did community headline in 2019 too. I think a smaller, but also more Pulp-like support would be booked if they did do APE

3 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Nine inch nails confirmed to not be touring.  

Pulp are meant to be festival exclusive to somewhere announcing this week

Lytham thats meant to be - but TRNSMT and IOW also announcing and sisco reckons they are at IOW i think

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Florence is a headliner

That Field Day would be class

Kooks were co-headlining with the wombats a few years back, don't think they still would be but not sure they'd sub either. They did community headline in 2019 too. I think a smaller, but also more Pulp-like support would be booked if they did do APE

Lytham thats meant to be - but TRNSMT and IOW also announcing and sisco reckons they are at IOW i think

Is there anything behind the pulp rumours, other than they are announcing Friday? 

On 10/25/2022 at 3:53 PM, Sparticus said:

Is there anything behind the pulp rumours, other than they are announcing Friday? 

Tbf this would've been a decent fit but Pulp, as seen in other threads, are off elsewhere for their London reunion concert.

Not that I'm sure which I'd have preferred in fairness. I didn't enjoy the sound system when at this one for Strokes day in 2019, but equally, I'm not a big fan of Finsbury Park. Guess I'll just see how it goes innit.

5 minutes ago, unodosseb said:

Are we expecting the first announcement to be at a similar time to last year’s?

Yeah they'll need to get a couple of things announced in the next month or so, particularly given people will be a bit more picky on spending over the next year. Last year's first announce was mid November if I remember correctly.

24 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

It doesn't mention august next year

Good point, was told by someone who is part of the group that its August. I have no reason to doubt them but will post more when I hear more. Oddly, some one else told me its May ☺️

Just now, xxialac said:

Do you have no reason to doubt the second person? : )

Probably not as they own a local shop and they often hear stuff early. Generally they both have the same opinion on what is going on in the park. 

Its just my thoughts are that those who join "Friends of Groups" tend to be busy bodies and dig in to stuff and have contacts. I live near the park and after this years festival everyone thought it was going back to May. Now, the general discusssions are its in August. Most people around here spend a lot of time trying to find out when its on, so they know when to book holidays to go away as they find it inconvienent.

But for accuracy, both thought that APE agreed to fund fireworks this year and last for Bonfire Night. Fireworks never took place, but that could have been the council using the funds some place else😟

I now do believe its August but also believed it was moving back to May a few months ago. If, I had  noticed about the advert not mentioning dates, I would not have posted it as it just muddies the water.

Probs won't make it again if it's in August, would much rather be at Green Man. Tbh they'd have to get a pretty stellar headliner to bring me back as the last editions have left much to be desired. I can see them continuing to re-book acts they've already done like LCD soundsystem and Bjork.

7 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Probs won't make it again if it's in August, would much rather be at Green Man. Tbh they'd have to get a pretty stellar headliner to bring me back as the last editions have left much to be desired. I can see them continuing to re-book acts they've already done like LCD soundsystem and Bjork.

Absolutely agree. May/early June is a way better time than August as there are fewer similar UK events at that time and interesting acts are in Europe for Primavera etc. It was always the perfect intro to the summer festival season for me.

It would take something extremely special for me to go again too. I'm not sure I'd even take freebies as I've really not enjoyed the crowd, especially for the past couple of editions.