All Points East 2023

gfa

14 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Someone like Florence might be a shout as well. Just sold out two nights at the O2 pretty easily and doesn't have any UK festivals announced yet.

selling 45k after selling 40k is quite a lot in London - thats more than a Wembley date. I don't think APE would want to book her after 2 dates at the o2, one would be a different story

stranger things have happened though

44 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Just in case something is coming, I'll do some rough predictions for next year

Bjork

LCD Soundsystem

Queens of the Stone Age

New Order

Only one I'm confident in is LCD, others are a complete guess

That’s probably not a bad shout. 
Although Field Day will probably have someone like Fred Again. Maybe paired with New Order? 

I think QOTSA will be touring Europe earlier in the summer. So gonna stick with Massive Attack 

Does Stormzy’s recently announced ‘This is what we mean’ day have any bearing on APE? Scheduled for 18th august, Victoria park.

Does that mean APE has moved to May? Or is this stormzy event part of APE?

edit - watched till the end of stormzy’s video and seen he is first headliner. 

Edited by roughbloke

4 minutes ago, roughbloke said:

Does Stormzy’s recently announced ‘This is what we mean’ day have any bearing on APE? Scheduled for 18th august, Victoria park.

Does that mean APE has moved to May? Or is this stormzy event part of APE?

Part of APE given the poster. Or at least he's using the stages/site etc.

26 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Only UK show of the year for Stormzy. Wonder how the undercard will be curated genre wise. 

Just my reckon, but the pic suggests to me that it's more a Stormzy event than APE (if that makes sense). So, I expect more UK hiphop & grime as opposed to a distinctly varied/indie support card 

13 hours ago, gfa said:

selling 45k after selling 40k is quite a lot in London - thats more than a Wembley date. I don't think APE would want to book her after 2 dates at the o2, one would be a different story

stranger things have happened though

The last two album cycles Florence has sold out ~40k tickets in London one year and came back and headlined BST the next summer (2015 - 4 ally pally dates/2016 - BST, 2018 - 2 O2/2019 - BST) so I'd say she's probably a lock for APE or BST or Finsbury or something similar in 2023. APE, Finsbury being more likely than BST since she's done BST twice now.

Edited by shivroy

5 minutes ago, shivroy said:

The last two album cycles Florence has sold out ~40k tickets in London one year and came back and headlined BST the next summer (2015 - 4 ally pally dates/2016 - BST, 2018 - 2 O2/2019 - BST) so I'd say she's probably a lock for APE or BST or Finsbury or something similar in 2023. APE, Finsbury being more likely than BST since she's done BST twice now.

Fair enough (finsbury is full if community happens)

13 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

That’s probably not a bad shout. 
Although Field Day will probably have someone like Fred Again. Maybe paired with New Order? 

I think QOTSA will be touring Europe earlier in the summer. So gonna stick with Massive Attack 

I'd be very keen for that fred/new order combo ... Prodigy maybe for field day? Their big bookings are so random now - they keep changing between modern headliners and old school.

20 hours ago, evannn said:

Just my reckon, but the pic suggests to me that it's more a Stormzy event than APE (if that makes sense). So, I expect more UK hiphop & grime as opposed to a distinctly varied/indie support card 

The Instagram says a co-curated line up between Stormzy and APE, so I’d expect 4 or 5 grime / hip-hop acts and then the usual APE eclectic bookings. I suspect they will steer away from any of the more controversial options as well to try and make the day a bit more ‘mainstream’.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Given that they have to pay a lot for all the infrastructure, I'm sure they will want to maximise the opportunity and do 3 days on the bank holiday weekend at least and then at least another 2 days the weekend before.

Its 4 to start with. 

Edited by The Crimson King

55 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Wonder if Phoebe Bridger's could do this as a UK exclusive date with a curated bill of Muna and the like. Her tour this year flew out of the door.

Can't see her headlining - sub though sure