All Points East 2023

gfa

On 11/17/2022 at 1:04 PM, scatteredscreens said:

Maybe they can turn the speakers on for the strokes next year. Sound in 2019 from where we were stood was so poor.

It's a shame in many respects as there was a lot to like on the line-up that day but yeah. Interpol's sound on the second stage was surprisingly poor as well.

6 hours ago, charlierc said:

Presumably waiting until after this run of UK shows (or at least this weekend's O2 dates) before an announcement is made?

I've thought Florence was nailed on for APE for a while honestly, it fits. Could definitely see them announcing it after their UK tour is done at the end of the month.

6 hours ago, shivroy said:

I've thought Florence was nailed on for APE for a while honestly, it fits. Could definitely see them announcing it after their UK tour is done at the end of the month.

They finish their current UK run of dates on November 28 in Nottingham, so by that logic it'll be about then or a week later where we might hear something.

39 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

Florence postponing the rest of the tour, including tonight's o2 gig, due to breaking her foot last night. Doubt APE can announce her before the rescheduled O2 dates is confirmed?

She cut her feet and had to stop the show a few times to get her feet looked at. She done well to continue to dance on with a broken foot. A great show with big production. Could well be one of the best sets APE have ever had if the get her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dales said:

She cut her feet and had to stop the show a few times to get her feet looked at. She done well to continue to dance on with a broken foot. A great show with big production. Could well be one of the best sets APE have ever had if the get her.

Oh I'd heard that was an issue, and indeed guessed from the image on her Instagram something had gone on. But it's a shame. I'd seen clips from Paris and it looked awesome, so I'd just made up my mind to go after umming and ahing over it for a few weeks only to see the message.

Hopefully she recovers well and the gigs when they happen make up for it.

5 hours ago, Hutchmaster said:

Florence postponing the rest of the tour, including tonight's o2 gig, due to breaking her foot last night. Doubt APE can announce her before the rescheduled O2 dates is confirmed?

this is my guess as well, but as the tour was mostly sold out i'd wager they could announce shortly after those announced dates? maybe?

4 hours ago, Dales said:

it's incredible that she kept going for 6 more songs + a run around the arena on a broken foot, she's a legend. I had friends that were there and they fully thought that it was just some minor issue because of how well the rest of the show went.

14 hours ago, Hutchmaster said:

I’d imagine APE also have a clause of no other London shows within a set time frame which will complicate things for rescheduling the dates, and could also possibly see an announcement prior to the tour being rescheduled. 

If the injury is around 3-4 months to heal Earliest reschedule could be around March /April. But I’d imagine APE have a 6 month lock on London shows in their contract. So anything May - October would be out. Could see the tour pushed to Nov 2023? 

9 hours ago, shivroy said:

it's incredible that she kept going for 6 more songs + a run around the arena on a broken foot, she's a legend. I had friends that were there and they fully thought that it was just some minor issue because of how well the rest of the show went.

Yeah - I've seen footage of songs after the break apparently occurred, and you wouldn't be able to tell anything was unduly wrong. So it's impressive the show didn't end there/then, but I can bet that when the pain caught up, it would've really been a painful one.

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

I’d imagine APE also have a clause of no other London shows within a set time frame which will complicate things for rescheduling the dates, and could also possibly see an announcement prior to the tour being rescheduled. 

If the injury is around 3-4 months to heal Earliest reschedule could be around March /April. But I’d imagine APE have a 6 month lock on London shows in their contract. So anything May - October would be out. Could see the tour pushed to Nov 2023? 

I mean, she broke her foot at Coachella Festival in 2015 but it was healed enough to be able to do a full-on performance at Glastonbury 2 months later. So it could still work. Worth noting that she's scheduled to do an Australian tour in March 2023 so that would be out for a UK reschedule.

Whether it complicates this like this is ofc another matter. I recall Kings of Leon in 2010/11 were able to reschedule an O2 date to the summer despite also doing 2 nights at Hyde Park that same summer. But whether APE's contracts are stricter is ofc another matter. Though for all we know, could be a bluff and her UK commitments may be taking her elsewhere.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

I mean, she broke her foot at Coachella Festival in 2015 but it was healed enough to be able to do a full-on performance at Glastonbury 2 months later. So it could still work. Worth noting that she's scheduled to do an Australian tour in March 2023 so that would be out for a UK reschedule.

Whether it complicates this like this is ofc another matter. I recall Kings of Leon in 2010/11 were able to reschedule an O2 date to the summer despite also doing 2 nights at Hyde Park that same summer. But whether APE's contracts are stricter is ofc another matter. Though for all we know, could be a bluff and her UK commitments may be taking her elsewhere.

id imagine she'd either be rescheduling for late jan/early feb or for sometime in june/july/august in between festivals or october/november 2023-ish, given what ive heard about her touring commitments for the remainder of the album campaign. I'd imagine that if she was scheduled to do APE or BST this summer, they would want her to reschedule for Jan/Feb. The tour was basically sold out but I'd still imagine that APE/BST wouldn't want to be competing with her normal tour dates for ticket sales.

13 hours ago, shivroy said:

this is my guess as well, but as the tour was mostly sold out i'd wager they could announce shortly after those announced dates? maybe?

Yeah, I was at the show and assumed it was just a very bad cut as even from up in the Gods, I could see the blood on the stage. I really don't know how she managed all that dancing and running around. A true professional, I love Flo.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, misterplow said:

Arcade Fire seem like a shout for this now.

I hope they don't. The justification to let them play I've read on this forum is that "people still go see them. It is just one person, not the full band". Well fine, but all my friends have stopped seeing them, and there is no way I want to be in a crowd of right-wing, anti-cancel, disrespectful people who will probably talk the whole set!

4 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Does Florence doing Boardmasters take her out of this as it’s a Superstruct event?

Or does this put LG into the frame for APE? I had heard his name mentioned in September, but thought it was more likely for BST (which is not happening by the looks of it) 

Boardmasters is saying that Liam is a UK festival exclusive at their event and that Boardmasters is the only festival he'll be playing in the UK all summer, doesn't that take him out of the ring?

Boardmasters is a superstruct event or APE is? has this counted people out before?

1 hour ago, shivroy said:

Boardmasters is saying that Liam is a UK festival exclusive at their event and that Boardmasters is the only festival he'll be playing in the UK all summer, doesn't that take him out of the ring?

Boardmasters is a superstruct event or APE is? has this counted people out before?

I’d say it probably does.

Boardmasters is Superstrct, and yes headline acts tend to be locked to certain promoters. 

9 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

I’d say it probably does.

Boardmasters is Superstrct, and yes headline acts tend to be locked to certain promoters. 

If it means anything, florence was booked to play boardmasters/edinburgh summer sessions/bst and maybe some others all in summer 2019? Which aren't all the same promoter i dont think

6 hours ago, shivroy said:

If it means anything, florence was booked to play boardmasters/edinburgh summer sessions/bst and maybe some others all in summer 2019? Which aren't all the same promoter i dont think

Very valid point. However Boardmasters had already announced their line up for 2019 when they were taken over by Superstruct in April that year. Having previously been owned by Global. Under who there was less emphasis on exclusivity.

It’s entirely possible there won’t be any effect. But will be intriguing to see

3 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Very valid point. However Boardmasters had already announced their line up for 2019 when they were taken over by Superstruct in April that year. Having previously been owned by Global. Under who there was less emphasis on exclusivity.

It’s entirely possible there won’t be any effect. But will be intriguing to see

Ah interesting, what other fests does superstruct run then? 

I also wonder if her booking this year was purely because they had to book her again after the 2019 cancellation? So her contract might be different than usual for a headliner. 

21 minutes ago, shivroy said:

Ah interesting, what other fests does superstruct run then? 

I also wonder if her booking this year was purely because they had to book her again after the 2019 cancellation? So her contract might be different than usual for a headliner. 

Also a good point and may be possible, she could even have deferred the show. 

Superstruct have Victorious, Tramlines and Truck in the U.K. Most unlikely, although Victorious has a big enough capacity for her now.