Leeds Sat / Rea Fri 

MSE: Eminem // Courteeners // Enter Shikari

MSW: Paramore // Dermot Kennedy // Giggs

Leeds Sun / Rea Sat 

MSE: Liam Gallagher // J Hus // Oliver Tree // The Lathums 

MSW: Fred Again // The Wombats // girl in red

This moves Two Door down a slot from where they play before

No way is Giggs 6th down either

Ice Spice should probably not be subbing MSE i think...

12 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

We are now promoting Doja Cat and Fred Again to headliners of the big main stage, even Travis Scott subbed the Main Stage after dropping a string of huge albums.

I don't know if its because to the younger fans, everything seems like the biggest thing ever if it is in the mainstream, when I was 18/19 Flo-Rida, Plan B, N-Dubz, Pitbull, Calvin Harris and Tinie Tempah were the biggest acts out in pop and dance music, and now we would laugh at the concept they may have headlined. Ask me back then though and I would have said "duh they should headline, they're like the biggest thing ever".

The festival books very different acts now

Calvin Harris would 100% be MSE for example - thats why he headlined T in the Park which until the end had a similar booking policy to reading

Doja Cat and Fred Again could both sell out bigger tours than several recent MSE headliners - Stormzy a good example, so why shouldn't they be MSE.

Separate note but if it ends up Fred Blink Eminem Doja Paramore (ie 5 pretty decent headliners), i could see Courteeners getting the bump up

I reckon most people would prefer them to Royal Blood who attend and they do shows big enough for it up north and are getting there down south with some of their recent headline shows. I think they are a pretty similar size to be honest

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The festival was routinely booking massive pop artists back then though, that’s the difference. Now they are. 

The point is, to my perspective and everybody in that age group, those artists were totally the biggest thing in the world, ever, and everyone is totally dumb for not thinking they should headline. Younger fans will do that with acts like Doja Cat now, and in 10 years when she pops up on their spotify throwback album, they will laugh at how smallfish she actually was (I did this the other day with Tinie Tempah, after forgetting that he existed for about 15 years).

But that is the beauty of booking those acts for a MSW and undercard, the younger fans who think they are everything will be appeased and flock to buy tickets.

2 years ago my 18 year old cousin thought Bakar was one of the biggest acts in the world, because it was what he'd been exposed to, and thought he could have headlined the whole thing.

Edited by Chad888

8 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

The point is, to my perspective and everybody in that age group, those artists were totally the biggest thing in the world, ever, and everyone is totally dumb for not thinking they should headline. Younger fans will do that with acts like Doja Cat now, and in 10 years when she pops up on their spotify throwback album, they will laugh at how smallfish she actually was (I did this the other day with Tinie Tempah, after forgetting that he existed for about 15 years).

But that is the beauty of booking those acts for a MSW and undercard, the younger fans who think they are everything will be appeased and flock to buy tickets.

2 years ago my 18 year old cousin thought Bakar was one of the biggest acts in the world, because it was what he'd been exposed to, and thought he could have headlined the whole thing.

Doja Cat is way bigger than Tinie Tempah ever was.

1 hour ago, Page116 said:

Cmon you know I can't post anything too careless. 

Somewhere between ten / 25 to life / 26 / 27 more pages would probably be enough to cut me off.

Cmon you know - Liam Gallagher
Careless - Royal Blood
ten - Fred Again...
25 to life - Eminem
26 - Paramore/Catfish
27 - MGK/Biffy Clyro/Passenger/Fall Out Boy
Cut Me Off - Blink-182

Edited by Gejonimo

1 minute ago, Gejonimo said:

Cmon you know - Liam Gallagher
Careless - Royal Blood
ten - Fred Again...
25 to life - Eminem
26 - Paramore
27 - MGK
Cut Me Off - Blink-182

I’m glad someone has collated! 

I’m sure Page116 or whatever they’re called turned out to be a bullshitter last time out? 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m glad someone has collated! 

I’m sure Page116 or whatever they’re called turned out to be a bullshitter last time out? 

This is why we can't have nice things. I guess I'm an easy target since big 2022 efestival crash but it doesn't have to be that way 😔

2 minutes ago, Page116 said:

This is why we can't have nice things. I guess I'm an easy target since big 2022 efestival crash but it doesn't have to be that way 😔

This is why - Paramore
Easy Target - Blink-182

doesn't have to be that way - Liam Gallagher
I guess (that's why they call it the blues) - Elton John

• Upvote 2

Here's something to tear to pieces

Main Stage East
Friday
Eminem > Jamie T > Bugzy Malone
Saturday
Blink 182 > Yungblud > bbno$
Sunday
Closing set from Fred Again... > Liam Gallagher > Bloc Party > The Sherlocks

Main Stage West
Friday
Royal Blood > The Hunna > Maisie Peters
Saturday
Catfish & The Bottlemen > Creeper > The Blackout
Sunday
Paramore > Don Broco > Kate Nash

7 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

I've got a lot of time for Wolf Alice, but they are in no way a R+L headliner. On either stage. 

They did a good enough job headlining Truck Festival when I saw them there but obviously different kind of event. I wouldn't exactly have them down for that big a '24 slot. Maybe '25 if the next album gets traction, though would need to be a lot.

3 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

Here's something to tear to pieces

Main Stage East
Friday
Eminem > Jamie T > Bugzy Malone
Saturday
Blink 182 > Yungblud > bbno$
Sunday
Closing set from Fred Again... > Liam Gallagher > Bloc Party > The Sherlocks

Main Stage West
Friday
Royal Blood > The Hunna > Maisie Peters
Saturday
Catfish & The Bottlemen > Creeper > The Blackout
Sunday
Paramore > Don Broco > Kate Nash

Where have these rumours come from 

Surely no Liam since he’s just sold out a tour in august in uk? Hard to believe he’ll still be here in august and also surely he’d headline over Fred
and as far as I know catfish are broken up ?

2 hours ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

Where have these rumours come from 

Surely no Liam since he’s just sold out a tour in august in uk? Hard to believe he’ll still be here in august and also surely he’d headline over Fred
and as far as I know catfish are broken up ?

Nobody knows where they came from but they're provocative!

• Like 1

A Day To Remember are supposedly coming to Europe in August. They’d be a very ‘Blink day’ booking.

Spiritbox are also supposedly only touring Europe in August but haven’t been announced for Bloodstock so I could see them getting booked for R&L too as they’re a very zeitgeist heavy booking in the same style of Sleep Token and Knocked Loose this year.