2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Same as this year then given the resale success seen - and the economy looked amazing then vs now

Out of (down)votes 😞 

Come back and downvote me later 💋 

But have you seen the wealth in this country? There are a lot of affluent people out there for whom this is not a lot of money. The festival know this and have priced accordingly.

Edited by March Hare

15 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

I expected £300 + £5, think it’s extortionate jumping up so much. My biggest concern is what happens for 2024? Will it be a case of the festival being able to get away with constant hikes thus more money? I appreciate there’s always an increase, but to jump by so much, given the current environment and economical challenges, just seems unusual. Surely it doesn’t increase again next year to £350+??

Don't get me wrong either, it’s of course value for money and more than worth it, but  at some point a lot of people will be priced out completely and will venture off elsewhere for good. I hope the uplift in price means less tickets sold, as the increase in capacity really was felt at times across the festival in terms of queues and general traffic from stages. Scary to think what the likes of WV/Sticklinch may increase too also. May cost £700+ before you’ve even stepped foot in the place.

Don’t mean to be pessimistic sorry, just deflated me a bit today seeing such a hike and considering how much everything else may cost such as coaches/accommodation/food and drink in the festival next summer.

I think if its not as bad as expected they may freeze the price next year - or maybe increase it by very little to get the price to more where it should be. They don't want to have to do it but covid recovery + inflation + instability + gas prices has given no choice - theres just so much uncertainty that they need to cover themselves.

11 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Surprised it’s gone up that much….four people from our group have already said they won’t be going next year off the back of that announcement, but we’ve still got 20 or so in for T-day next month. 

I will probably end up sticking the balance payment on my 0% interest credit card as I have about £400 per month for stuff for me and can’t afford for most of it to be wiped out in one go! 

I know a couple of people who are in the same position. And another who doesn’t want to volunteer but now feels like they don’t have a choice. Even though I champion it every chance I can

2 hours ago, Bisque said:

As a teacher I can only do Friday - Sunday so this price hike is making me consider a Euro festival instead. I missed out on 2019 tickets & went to Sziget instead & it was cheap, great fun, nice city & went on to Istanbul for a soapy wash down in a spa for less.

Also a teacher, thought the same but after discussing with my partner (who is also a teacher), we’re going to try for tickets again. But I realise it might mean a lot of teachers (and I know a fair few who go!) might not try after the price rise.

The problem isn’t just relating to the cost of the festival is it … I’m sure people  on here probably don’t need reminding but whenever it may come please vote this bunch of twats out of office should you /we get the chance . Try not to blame much at the gates of the festival they try and survive and donate a few quid to charity 

• Upvote 1

You're looking at £400 just to get to those gates come June when you include Parking as well. I few years back I would consider Glastonbury a small break in terms of holiday expenses but now very much think of it as a big holiday expense. 

Feel like you have to go Wednesday to Sunday and if you're a teacher you may find the cost just a bit too much. 

Last year I felt like there was far too many people everywhere and I have no idea why but every place I went to felt like a slog to get to and I really dont want to feel like that again 

I think the line up really will start to play a bigger factor than it previously has done, given the significant cost of a ticket now.
I reckon that there are tens of thousands of potential attendees that could swing either way depending on quality of the line, and particularly the Pyramid headliners.  

11 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

You're looking at £400 just to get to those gates come June when you include Parking as well. I few years back I would consider Glastonbury a small break in terms of holiday expenses but now very much think of it as a big holiday expense. 

Feel like you have to go Wednesday to Sunday and if you're a teacher you may find the cost just a bit too much. 

Last year I felt like there was far too many people everywhere and I have no idea why but every place I went to felt like a slog to get to and I really dont want to feel like that again 

It is an over packed site for sure. But even more so they definitely haven't shelled out for Elton with that price hike, he's not that importance to them.

I think I was expecting this - when you hear about the extortionate cost of business energy costs which the festival will no doubt have to pay plus everything else which has gone up. Some big stadium shows are well over £150 for some tickets so I guess for 5 days it’s about right. I will be trying for tickets even though I am not sure I will be able to go due to health reasons - will wait to see if I get tix or need to wait til April. Fully understand that for others it will be not possible though. 

1 hour ago, March Hare said:

Come back and downvote me later 💋 

But have you seen the wealth in this country? There are a lot of affluent people out there for whom this is not a lot of money. The festival know this and have priced accordingly.

I tend to agree, whilst initially it does seem like a sizeable increase in prize there will be many people that will still be able to afford and I reckon ticket day will still be manic as usual.

We have massive wealth distribution issues in this country which just sadly makes things in pretty unfair.