Download 2024

FeverDream

4 minutes ago, OKMess said:

Can I hazard that one is almost definitely Machine Head given they're announced for Copenhell. Maybe Satyricon, maybe Bruce Dickinson as both have been announced for Mystic Fest. 

Machine Head would make sense. 

Bruce isn’t one of the ones I’ve heard but if he’s touring solo, he’s surely going to be at Download. I could see him subbing the second stage or at least playing really high up it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nice to Michu said:

I’d imagine we’ll be seeing Machine Head, Trivium, Five Finger Death Punch & Lamb Of God showing up on the lineup somewhere.

I wouldn’t count on Trivium. They’ve been very clear that they’re done with touring for the time being after the last couple of years and will be back in 2025 for an Ascendancy tour.  

I’m expecting Death Punch after the cancellation this year and they’re in Europe with Metallica anyway, if I remember correctly. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Nice to Michu said:

I’d imagine we’ll be seeing Machine Head, Trivium, Five Finger Death Punch & Lamb Of God showing up on the lineup somewhere.

I think Trivium are going on hiatus for a bit now.

I’d be fairly sure of Five Finger Death Punch doing it and at least one more from Machine Head, Pantera, Gojira and Sabaton. 

Just now, foolee said:

I think Trivium are going on hiatus for a bit now.

I’d be fairly sure of Five Finger Death Punch doing it and at least one more from Machine Head, Pantera, Gojira and Sabaton. 

FFDP are supporting Metallica I believe and are only free one of the days (not a fan and don't follow them closely so may be misremembering what I've heard). 

Sabaton I think are a shoe-in. If Pantera were dropped due to concerns about White-Power Phil this year I can't see them rolling back on that, but could be wrong. Gojira are a difficult one to place but either they or LoG would be good 3rd down the bill. 

1 minute ago, OKMess said:

FFDP are supporting Metallica I believe and are only free one of the days (not a fan and don't follow them closely so may be misremembering what I've heard). 

Sabaton I think are a shoe-in. If Pantera were dropped due to concerns about White-Power Phil this year I can't see them rolling back on that, but could be wrong. Gojira are a difficult one to place but either they or LoG would be good 3rd down the bill. 

I’m expecting Sabaton too; a big slot like second stage headline of main stage sub would be perfect for them and their show. 

Pantera is a weird one because was there really that much outrage when they came to Europe this summer? I know they were dropped from RaR & RiP but outside of that, they seemed to go down well everywhere else. I’d imagine if Pantera did play and the two headliners we’ve been debating show up too, the outrage for Pantera will be dwarfed by the backlash the headliners receive online. 

I think because they dropped out next year they’ll be back, possibly to sub A7X or headline 2nd. Think that’d fit well. Ah, if that’s true then yeah no Pantera. Machine Head, FFDP and Sabaton would go a long way in making the heavier crowd happy alongside A7X though. Gojira 3rd down seems about right but I’m not convinced they’ll be touring again next year. 

Feel like they’ll have to get an Alice Cooper or Judas Priest alongside Bruce as well to appeal to the older crowd and not completely alienate them if the rumoured headliners are true.

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think because they dropped out next year they’ll be back, possibly to sub A7X or headline 2nd. Think that’d fit well. Ah, if that’s true then yeah no Pantera. Machine Head, FFDP and Sabaton would go a long way in making the heavier crowd happy alongside A7X though. Gojira 3rd down seems about right but I’m not convinced they’ll be touring again next year. 

Feel like they’ll have to get an Alice Cooper or Judas Priest alongside Bruce as well to appeal to the older crowd and not completely alienate them if the rumoured headliners are true.

Think a run of A7X, Machine Head, Gojira with Sabaton and Bruce on 2nd would work well. Maybe Bruce headlining 3rd against Fall Out Boy. 

My gut says JP are gonna support AC/DC in stadiums. 

23 minutes ago, OKMess said:

Think a run of A7X, Machine Head, Gojira with Sabaton and Bruce on 2nd would work well. Maybe Bruce headlining 3rd against Fall Out Boy. 

AC/DC haven't brought sizeable supports for years. Milton Keynes 2001 was stacked, but the last few times I've seen Vintage Trouble, Tyler Bryant and The Subways.

57 minutes ago, OKMess said:

Thing is Download don't clash the main headliner with anyone now. I think they would signal they are going to that to be able to get people otherwise put off by the headliners in. Like ok if Machine Head are doing a main headline length set up against FOB then us fans of them turn up. But not paying Download ticket prices plus everything else it costs for an hour set at 8pm when they will probably tour and do a 2 to 3 hour set later in the year. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

4 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Thing is Download don't clash the main headliner with anyone now. I think they would signal they are going to that to be able to get people otherwise put off by the headliners in. Like ok if Machine Head are doing a main headline length set up against FOB then us fans of them turn up. But not paying Download ticket prices plus everything else it costs for an hour set at 8pm when they will probably tour and do a 2 to 3 hour set later in the year. 

I really don't understand them not clashing with second stage and not doing dual mainstage. It would make much more sense for them to have two stages side by side (or at 90 degrees from each other) so people don't have to move to see both stages. 

That would free up space for a bigger tent to act as a genuine alternative to mainstage while also nullifying some sound leakage issues. 

• Upvote 1

I really don't understand them not clashing with second stage and not doing dual mainstage. It would make much more sense for them to have two stages side by side (or at 90 degrees from each other) so people don't have to move to see both stages. 

That would free up space for a bigger tent to act as a genuine alternative to mainstage while also nullifying some sound leakage issues. 

Completely agreed! 👍

14 minutes ago, OKMess said:

Yep I agree, plus add in that the current second stage area is poorly laid out & causes a massive bottleneck. 

If they want the top two stages to be clashless, they should fully commit to a dual main stage set up, with the old large second stage tent acting as the alternative third stage to give those that don’t want to watch the headliners something to do. 

• Upvote 1