2024 Headliners

1 minute ago, RatingsAndMoney said:

1st headliner announced next week after the pre erected camping/camper van sale? Surely they don’t leave us waiting until the new year! 

Depends, Dua and Madge will probably have their own shows to sell first, which only leaves Coldplay who they could easily leave for the poster.

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The info we’ve had from a reliable source is that Dua and Coldplay are a lock. Seperate info says Madge is due to headline BST, making her very likely for G24. 

Sure, I was just referring to Emily's statement denying the rumours of this trio. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While that's accurate, I think it was more to do with Emily trying to cover her arse regarding an announcement schedule rather than simply a case of her going 'Ha ha yer wrong'

Yes, my point was why do we believe 'nothing before Christmas' is accurate when we don't believe 'it's not Madge/Dua/Coldplay'

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

My suspicion is that talks were at a delicate stage and she didn't want anything out in public to banjax it.

Yes, I think they've agreed to announce her appearance at Glasto after BST.

22 minutes ago, stuie said:

Sure, I was just referring to Emily's statement denying the rumours of this trio. 

Yeah I get where you’re coming from. I’ve no idea but I suspect she was denying they were all confirmed because at that point Madge wasn’t. Just my $0.02. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

People will still moan when that's the trio that gets announced.

"Too mainstream for the most mainstream stage in the UK, blah blah."

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Yeah I get where you’re coming from. I’ve no idea but I suspect she was denying they were all confirmed because at that point Madge wasn’t. Just my $0.02. 

agree, when you look at the wording of here statement . "The story about our confirmed headliners is untrue" She hasn't said anyone isn't playing, she is saying the story about all 3 being confirmed is not true.  And I expect that is correct.  I doubt all 3 were 100% confirmed at that point.