2024 Headliners

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

this .... in which case it doesn't mean a coldplay announcement .... we've seen images like that on the cam several times  .... maybe birds .... but manifesting those into coldplay images is a bg push 

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 19.13.16.png

Haha yeah that's blatantly a bird. 

I did not see it properly before  

Saw this earlier but the account who posted has been deleted. Pretty sure they are pearl jam lyrics after the bit about Stevie wonder. 
theres lots of things lined up there but also a couple wild ones like future islands but there in America.. the poster comment with an edit from future islands to young fathers. Dunno though 

3523972C-7A60-4330-BBBA-1A4D7AE49026.png

4 minutes ago, AngryLama said:

Saw this earlier but the account who posted has been deleted. Pretty sure they are pearl jam lyrics after the bit about Stevie wonder. 
theres lots of things lined up there but also a couple wild ones like future islands but there in America.. the poster comment with an edit from future islands to young fathers. Dunno though 

That's the lyrics to Wishing Well by Free, dude. Pretty sure they ain't playing. 

29 minutes ago, AngryLama said:

Such bollocks this. For one, (as you said) Future Islands are in America over Glastonbury weekend.

Edited by Alex DeLarge

18 hours ago, charlierc said:

I'm sill struggling to reconcile it tbf. Most expensive single gig I've done was less than £90, but only way I'd feel ok paying over £100 per ticket is if it was a festival ticket with at least 6 acts I'd want to see. And even then, it's still weird given the memories of it once being half that.

At present that's $125, so it may not be that out of sync with what the cheap seats are at US shows before that dynamic pricing horseshit is activated.

Yeah days like Reading are justifiable but Slam Dunk for example is the most over priced day festival I've seen this year and it's towards my kind of music just not for me this year. Even if it had been last year though, I wouldn't have justified £125.

£180 for a 3 day and £244 for a 4 day Trees ticket not being of interest to me is probably even worse this year. The day ticket and especially evening ticket prices are still worth it if it's your thing but the pricing makes it look like you now pay for camping/they are justifying the allowed option to bring alcohol in.

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’s the same for people who say Download should give KoRn a headline slot. Why bump KoRn up when you can have a headline act with KoRn playing under them?

Because people want different headliners and a longer set means more songs for the first time. Download won't do it because there is no justification in sales for it

6 hours ago, Drinky said:

I have doubts over Stevie because that BST show is going to be a full album with orchestra affair - I reckon we may be looking at Shania Sunday afternoon and Stevie Nicks right on the top of the bill

Don't see Nicks topping it, that would just be a ploy to get any female act at the top. More likely Olvia agrees to headline.

9 hours ago, Drinky said:

I have doubts over Stevie because that BST show is going to be a full album with orchestra affair - I reckon we may be looking at Shania Sunday afternoon and Stevie Nicks right on the top of the bill

I'd take that right now. Only thing that gets me away from the National...although...why am I inviting sickening clashes??? 😄

10 hours ago, AngryLama said:

What stage for Drogba?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Still assuming that he’s on for Sunday - the evidence against was:

- Reddit poster above who has a string of plausible names + stages who says ‘No stevie’

- That industry page posted a week or so back that didn’t have Stevie in the frame for G but said he was doing an album show at BST with an orchestra

Thin gruel compared to trusted folk on Discord who say he’s in, but it’s something

1 minute ago, Drinky said:

Still assuming that he’s on for Sunday - the evidence against was:

- Reddit poster above who has a string of plausible names + stages who says ‘No stevie’

- That industry page posted a week or so back that didn’t have Stevie in the frame for G but said he was doing an album show at BST with an orchestra

Thin gruel compared to trusted folk on Discord who say he’s in, but it’s something

There is about 90% overlap with those reddit names and the discord list - seems unlikely it would be that high if they hadn't just got them off there

12 hours ago, AngryLama said:

Yeah don't know why but I don't think this is real. I expect lots of those names to be there but just looks like a load of very plausible names to me. Most people on here could pull a list like this together. 

• Upvote 1