2024 Headliners

12 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The one where he references Carrolls cigs. That braying, vile tone to his voice. No craic. Christ almighty.

Think thats boys in the better land. Liberty belle was a favourite of mine off that album

TBH I never really gave the other albums a whole lot of time. Life is that busy these days that stuff rarely gets multiple goes to bed in. 

Edited by gherkin8r

43 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

If youd done a thread on here asking who people would like to see in the legend slot over the next few years prior to her being rumoured and the touring and being at BST etc. I don't think her name would have come up at all in that conversation.

I think i've posted about her being a dream legend get for a few years now

45 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

If youd done a thread on here asking who people would like to see in the legend slot over the next few years prior to her being rumoured and the touring and being at BST etc. I don't think her name would have come up at all in that conversation.

It literally did - back in October (so long before any of the stuff you're talking about) I went through and collated all the names that had been mentioned.

Even back then, Shania felt like one of the more likely options, and had been brought up by several people.

24 minutes ago, incident said:

It literally did - back in October (so long before any of the stuff you're talking about) I went through and collated all the names that had been mentioned.

Even back then, Shania felt like one of the more likely options, and had been brought up by several people.

I stand corrected. Evidently my perception of her status is is not typical of a lot of people.

16 minutes ago, neil93 said:

I've seen a few comments, I'm sure, indicating they expect them to be there.

I'd seen things like this, saying they weren't in the rumours... 

4 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I stand corrected. Evidently my perception of her status is is not typical of a lot of people.

I'm with you, wasn't surprised she sold a lot in the states, but was surprised at how many would like to see her on the farm. 

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm with you, wasn't surprised she sold a lot in the states, but was surprised at how many would like to see her on the farm

In the legend slot no less! Strange one because  she was at her peak commercially when I was in my late teens yet I don't remember anyone being into her. A quick Google search revealing 9 UK top 10 singles and 3 number 1 albums certainly came as a surprise. Alanis Morissette was maybe a couple of years before but was WAY more popular in school despite having far less commercial success.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, neil93 said:

I've seen a few comments, I'm sure, indicating they expect them to be there.

I think someone posted on here a few weeks ago that they were hanging out with someone in their production or stage crew and they aren't doing anything after the Royal Albert Hall show. 

Checks out because there aren't any other gigs announced. 

I previously thought they were a shoe in for other stage headliner but it doesn't look like they are going to play this year. 

10 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I think someone posted on here a few weeks ago that they were hanging out with someone in their production or stage crew and they aren't doing anything after the Royal Albert Hall show. 

Checks out because there aren't any other gigs announced. 

I previously thought they were a shoe in for other stage headliner but it doesn't look like they are going to play this year. 

Can you find this?

They were always unlikely due to them being at 2/3 most recent fests and on the poster for all 3 of them !

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Dogrel was great, didn't get on too well with A Hero's Death but Skinty Fia was fantastic.

Agree! A Hero's Death now sounds better than I found it at the time (which was a bit of a slog), love Dogrel, and Skinty Fia (which again took me time to get into) I consider a bit of a masterpiece.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Can you find this?

They were always unlikely due to them being at 2/3 most recent fests and on the poster for all 3 of them !

Someone definitely posted it in here, they said it was legit as the tech showed them pics of them on tour with them as decent enough proof, it does seem legit and explains why the Chems done the run of arenas in winter there. Usually they are EVERYWHERE or NOWHERE in terms of fest line-ups across europe and I haven't seen them anywhere major yet,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, neil93 said:

Probably the wrong thread for this, but anyway, are Chemical brothers pretty much a lock on for other stage headliner?

Highly tedious, and I say that as a fan, but probably.

12 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Highly tedious, and I say that as a fan, but probably.

I heard The Prodigy were lined up, can’t imagine them having both though, and definitely would prefer Prodigy and as you that’s from a fan of The Chems, otherwise just same names every year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Claire0406 said:

I heard The Prodigy were lined up, can’t imagine them having both though, and definitely would prefer Prodigy and as you that’s from a fan of The Chems, otherwise just same names every year.

Prodigy are my number one hopeful this year, preferably headlining Other stage. Think I've read they are unlikely as they are at Hellfest around the same time. I have my fingers crossed though!

3 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Prodigy are my number one hopeful this year, preferably headlining Other stage. Think I've read they are unlikely as they are at Hellfest around the same time. I have my fingers crossed though!

Just double checked, they are playing Hellfest in France on the Friday. No reason they couldn't play Saturday or more likely Sunday.

14 minutes ago, Franky said:

Have Massive Attack been ruled out yet? 

Thinking Other Stage 

They have stated that their Bristol show in August is their first UK show in 5 years. Whether that includes festival appearances a few weeks beforehand I don't know..

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

They have stated that their Bristol show in August is their first UK show in 5 years. Whether that includes festival appearances a few weeks beforehand I don't know..

Maybe that makes it a wee bit less likely, as the Downs show is their own and clearly a big focus for them?