2024 Headliners

soooo, if we really are knocking it around because our understanding is changing an if Stevie Wonder is out and if it isn't Madonna then who are potential options.

KoL

Olivia Rodrigo

SZA

could some acts that have been written off because they have said they aren't touring etc come back in? I'm thinking of Blur or 1975?

They could always move Pulp up (if they are actually booked) if they were stuck. It's been years since they played a proper announced set. Don't think they will though. 

3 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

soooo, if we really are knocking it around because our understanding is changing an if Stevie Wonder is out and if it isn't Madonna then who are potential options.

KoL

Olivia Rodrigo

SZA

could some acts that have been written off because they have said they aren't touring etc come back in? I'm thinking of Blur or 1975?

THE NATIONAL

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

They can still drop a poster minus one headliner .:. Entirely possible 

Of course.

But presumably they won't want to do so unless they have to, and given that they don't have any real need to release a poster until a month from now (maybe stretching into early April), it seems more likely that they'd hold off until they've got all the names in place.

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

KoL

Olivia Rodrigo

SZA

The 1975 would be the most likely of the above imo, feel like it would be the perfect way to bow out of their current tour and would make up for them (supposedly) missing out during COVID.

Not a huge fan either, but would admit they would probably be the most exciting of the ones above.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

They can still drop a poster minus one headliner .:. Entirely possible 

Yep and if they don't have it sorted in about 3 weeks I suspect it's what they will do. Suspect they have a few possibles that they can bump from sub or Other headliner if needed though.

Just now, Ben7amin_ said:

I know I was making loads of noise on here about KOL earlier but I've just remembered was not a phase where someone claimed to have info O Rod had been bumped up to headliner at some point a few weeks back?

I thought there was something about her being the back up plan if Stevie W didn’t make it (which was always a possibility given age, illness etc)

Just now, Ben7amin_ said:

I know I was making loads of noise on here about KOL earlier but I've just remembered was not a phase where someone claimed to have info O Rod had been bumped up to headliner at some point a few weeks back?

Yes. Yes there was. We discounted it pretty quickly but maybe shouldn't have.

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep and if they don't have it sorted in about 3 weeks I suspect it's what they will do. Suspect they have a few possibles that they can bump from sub or Other headliner if needed though.

yeah some of the names suggested for subs and Other stage headliners could get a bump and it wouldn't look too out of place. 

13 minutes ago, incident said:

If the festival only lost SW this week then I'd expect that any potential announcement is further away, not closer.

Just cause we only found out today it doesn't mean the festival did, they could've found out a few weeks ago for all we know.

From what I know they always tend to have someone on backup so chances are they've probably just given them a call and worked something out.

Just now, mouserat said:

Amazing we've had two possible headliners doing both BST + Glasto come and go now (Madonna, Stevie Wonder).

Does this mean BST are scrambling for another act or have they got the gap covered already?

No idea what their current status is - and tbh we don't know when BST would have found out - could be today, could be a month ago.

But BST do have an advantage over Glastonbury in that they've got a extra amount of flexibility with dates. They don't necessarily need to replace him on the same day, they instead could add a Thursday show to one of the other weekends.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I think an O-Rod bump makes a lot of sense.  It looks good to have a headliner which is really popular with young people and a hot ticket for her own gigs right now. Would definitely get press, likely the press would be positive.

I know that Dua Lipa/Coldplay/ Olivia Rodrigo doesn't read well for the real guitars/real haircuts clan but much more interesting than someone like KoL.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

From what I know they always tend to have someone on backup so chances are they've probably just given them a call and worked something out.

What if that backup was already called and is already locked in? Is it time to smash the glass and give Thom a call as well? 

On 1/26/2024 at 9:24 PM, onepostonly said:

Greetings UK festival fans! Hello from California, I posted on here once before and gave you something that turned out to be some useful information…. But I could not remember my old log in…. Doh 

Anyway -  You will shortly receive info that Oliver Rodrigo will be headlining Glastonbury 2024!  News from her camp is that she was going to play the festival in an non-headliner capacity but has had talks with the festivals team and will now play the main stage as a headliner instead.

I'm sure you will want to look to validate this info, I can’t give you anymore at this point, but there will be some good clues around in a couple of weeks im sure you will find. 

Peace out.

Found it

Fancy doing a 2nd post?

• Upvote 1