2024 Headliners

38 minutes ago, SpencerF said:

Olivia Rodrigo for a high up slot on the pyramid or other could be a shout given the fact she's releasing another album shortly and her popularity, surely? 

Wouldn't be shocked if Emily has one eye on her as a potential 2025 headliner if the new album is as successful as Sour was

25 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Touché but some people whose judgement I trust in other aspects seem to like AM. Whereas I’ve never met a Kasabian fan whose opinion was worth listening to about anything. 

That Kasabian performance was so much better than that so-called performance on Friday. Just terrible, really terrible!

As much as I'm not a fan of the new Monkeys music, I can at least appreciate some of it and find it palatable. The new songs weren't the issue as much as the setlist/stage presence/performance. The crowd were so up for a singsong, a bit of a dance and a special 'Glastonbury moment' which we never got - I Wanna Be Yours was an insanely weird encore choice, as was the opener. A lack of fan favourites from the back catalogue and a slowed down, self indulged performance of the few we did get caused groans, yawns and a fair few exits from where I was stood - turned into less of an excited 'we all want to singalong' vibe to people being scared to sing along because it didn't match what Alex was doing on stage. Peculiar. First time I've had a really sour taste coming out of a headliner and wouldn't hope for them to be booked again anytime soon if at all.

21 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Wouldn't be shocked if Emily has one eye on her as a potential 2025 headliner if the new album is as successful as Sour was

As discussed the other day, it’s not impossible she could do it in 2024. Especially if the fest wanted to make a statement about taking a chance on female headliners after the Lizzo nonsense. Might suit all parties to book her as a strong sub though. 

27 minutes ago, SpencerF said:

I Wanna Be Yours was an insanely weird encore choice, as was the opener. 

My two cents: one of the best opening songs I've ever seen for a headline concert. And I'd never heard that song before I saw them performing it last friday.

4 hours ago, JonSnow said:

Still yet to see a coherent explanation from all the 'Taylor can still do it' posters as to why and how she is likely to;

a) Change her 44 song, 3 hour Eras tour stadium setlist that she's been performing for a year which is crammed full of dance chorography tailored around a stadium stage and set up to suddenly play a one off completely new 2 hour set tailored for a festival stage and set up

b) Find time to possibly rehearse this show when she's in the middle of said stadium tour

I don't think she'll play but:

a) She can just cut some songs. It's not that hard. I'm sure the fest would give her 2hrs30m, or even 3hrs if that's what she wants. Easily solvable. The stage really isn't that much different, it's a main stage with a walkway and a B/C stage. Glastonbury has done an overnight setup of a walkway and B stage in the past. Would certainly involve tweaking the show a little, but the vast majority of the Eras set takes place on the main stage, and would at Glastonbury too.

b) 4 days off between most locations. 5 days off after London before Dublin. It's not that difficult. It's not rehearsing a whole new show. It's likely making changes to the existing show for certains songs where she uses the B/C stages. She's performed a number of those songs in the past just on a main stage. Several songs would likely not need any changes. She has several months to figure it out and do a few rehearsals. It's not like they have to dream it up a whole new show and rehearse between coming off stage in Dublin and getting to Worthy Farm.

Again, I don't think she'll play, and think she would have structured the tour differently and not be in Dublin the previous two nights, if she was actually playing, but people making out that figuring out over several months how to ditch some dancing and cutting some songs from a set is akin to planning a NASA mission are hilarious.

Edited by ghostdancer1

42 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

2013 is longer ago than 2014 babes ❤️ but yes the 2010-2015 pattern of having at least one headliner a year who is either dreadful on record or failed to soar on the big night (or both) is not missed. 

I may have forgotten how the passage of time works 😂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgerGM said:

My two cents: one of the best opening songs I've ever seen for a headline concert. And I'd never heard that song before I saw them performing it last friday.

Agreed. Sculptures is epic, especially in the dark.

I got caught up in the whole first album thing after seeing them do ACR in Sheffield, I actually think on reflection Sculptures was a very good choice to open with; it's a very good song

2 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

As discussed the other day, it’s not impossible she could do it in 2024. Especially if the fest wanted to make a statement about taking a chance on female headliners after the Lizzo nonsense. Might suit all parties to book her as a strong sub though. 

There is no way Olivia Rodrigo is headlining Glastonbury next year or 2025

57 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It'll be interesting to see which "old duffers" they drag out next year.

Nothing wrong with 'old duffers' 😉

When the new acts start writing songs as good as Elton has or as good as November Rain, Paradise City and Sweet Child O Mine etc then we might see a huge swing. 

AC/DC would be class. They aren't the full band anymore and obviously not at their peak by any means either but still put on a great show. They have the songs too and then some.