2024 Headliners

5 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

A lot of Rihanna talk, isn't she pregnant with her second child currently? I know by next fest she will be probably 6 - 9 months post-baby, but not sure if she's realistic given the lack of new music/live shows/children as it is.

The pregnancy is why she pulled out of the Saturday Pyramid headline this year (and the big tour that was ready to announce in February). The assumption is that she'll resurrect those plans post-partum

3 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

But its literally just been stated that at least half of the, in your opinion, 'better choices' that you have listed are unlikely to be available in 2024

I don’t think we’ve had confirmation they’ve been ruled out have we? All speculation at the moment…

23 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

But she could’ve been, and the fest has essentially admitted that she almost was and only subbed because one of the biggest acts all time was available to come on after her.

No she couldn't. She was booked to sub cause she's a sub. Emily said some fluff when she was getting pelters for booking 3 men and they put her on the top line of the poster to have a woman up there. If she was a headliner why was she always booked to sub? Can't believe people are naive enough to believe this

10 minutes ago, roughbloke said:

I don’t think we’ve had confirmation they’ve been ruled out have we? All speculation at the moment…

Coldplay and HS being on the scene would mean them playing the stadium circuit for a third summer in a row and risking the public getting bored of them. Not gonna happen. Blur tend to appear for single summers at a time then disappear again. Not gonna happen. The 1975 are likely to be inbetween albums and there are question marks whether they’d even be booked at the moment unless Matty suddenly raised a billion quid for charity or something. Taylor is almost certainly going to add another Dublin date and would be unlikely even if she didn’t. Yes technically speculation but we’ll have nothing to discuss for months relying on facts 🫣

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

13 minutes ago, roughbloke said:

My point is Olivia Rodrigo is not going to be booked to headline Glastonbury in the next two years because there are so many other better choices available. She also does not have the universal clout (at the moment) to be considered. 

if lizzo and Lewis Capaldi aren’t booked to headline (even you feel they should be) olivia Rodrigo won’t do it before them. 

If you’re moving the goalposts to now say she is a strong sub, 3rd down. Yea, potentially 

Lizzo and O Rod are on different trajectories though. Lizzo has been about for a while now but only really made a splash years after her first album and on to her second. O Rod is younger and her first album was a big deal, kinda more like Billie Eilish I guess.

Lizzo, despite being a big personality and celebrity, doesn’t actually have many hits. Only About Damn Time did well from her last album, and that was only after a massive TikTok push. The album itself charted at #6 which is pretty crap all things considered. 

ORod is the current ‘it’ act and I don’t see anything but up and up for her right now. New album will do huge numbers, and she appeals to both the kids and adults which is a tough thing to do. If she doesn’t play third or sub Pyramid next year I think it’s because discussions have already been had about her headlining further down the line, and the Billie comparisons are certainly there in terms of her trajectory. 

16 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Coldplay and HS being on the scene would mean them playing the stadium circuit for a third summer in a row and risking the public getting bored of them. Not gonna happen. Blur tend to appear for single summers at a time then disappear again. Not gonna happen. The 1975 are likely to be inbetween albums and there are question marks whether they’d even be booked at the moment unless Matty suddenly raised a billion quid for charity or something. Taylor is almost certainly going to add another Dublin date and would be unlikely even if she didn’t. Yes technically speculation but we’ll have nothing to discuss for months relying on facts 🫣

Not blur's pattern at all but why bother with the facts?

20 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Lizzo and O Rod are on different trajectories though. Lizzo has been about for a while now but only really made a splash years after her first album and on to her second. O Rod is younger and her first album was a big deal, kinda more like Billie Eilish I guess.

Yeee, I’ve no doubt OR will get even bigger. 

My point is that Glastonbury had so many ‘could headline’ artists on the line up this year that didn’t and this is where I see OR. Im not disputing she won’t headline in the future, I just don’t think she will do it in the next 2 years. 

I do see similarities between Billie and OR but I personally don’t see her reaching the heights of Billie. i kinda feel billie sits alongside arctic monkeys as these debut acts that just blew up, she’s an absolute juggernaut of an artist. 

Just now, roughbloke said:

Yeee, I’ve no doubt OR will get even bigger. 

My point is that Glastonbury had so many ‘could headline’ artists on the line up this year that didn’t and this is where I see OR. Im not disputing she won’t headline in the future, I just don’t think she will do it in the next 2 years. 

I do see similarities between Billie and OR but I personally don’t see her reaching the heights of Billie. i kinda feel billie sits alongside arctic monkeys as these debut acts that just blew up, she’s an absolute juggernaut of an artist. 

I agree, O Rod is no way big enough to headline at the minute. Barely anyone in the general public knows who she is. I know there’s more to being a headliner than that, but at least with Billie she is more known. However, I could see her being a headliner in 2/3 years. 

Is there a particular reason Dua is consistently mentioned? I agree she fits the mould for a headliner, but other than ‘2 female headliners’ and ‘someone who hasn’t before’ have there been any other hints towards her? Her tour has ended and there doesn’t seem to be any firm sign of a new album?

56 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

I think unless its repeated we have to forget about Emily's first timer comment.

Dave

Olivia Rodrigo

Dua Lipa

Other Stage:

The Prodigy

Fred Again / Bicep / Chems 

Nothing but Thieves

🙂

4 minutes ago, LTT250 said:

Is there a particular reason Dua is consistently mentioned? I agree she fits the mould for a headliner, but other than ‘2 female headliners’ and ‘someone who hasn’t before’ have there been any other hints towards her? Her tour has ended and there doesn’t seem to be any firm sign of a new album?

She fits the bill from every angle you look at it - and not showing up with Reg only strengthens the case.

In terms of 'new' acts coming through, I think all of these should and probably will headline this decade.

Dua Lipa, Dave, Olivia Rodrigo, Sam Fender, Fred Again.

A decent mix there, I think.

On 6/29/2023 at 10:26 AM, nban2010 said:

Taylor, Madonna and Dua all could do it, all worthy of doing it and will be in their touring lifecycles to do it. Also creates a rare op to have three female headliners if a statement wants to be made (without it feeling like its been done to make a statement).

Whether that's all too "poppy" for Glasto that's another thing, but if you combine it with a more traditional Other lineup they may just about get away with it.

(Riri will have a 10 month year old by that point, highly likely she ain't be doing it....pencil her in for 2025 though).

Honestly was shocked by all the Dua Lipa suggestions but didn't realise just how many festivals she played pretty high up for last year. I've seen her a few times and enjoyed it - just still not sure I see her as a pyramid headliner! Don't ask me why!

Taylor I'd have totally bet on but people pointing out the logistics of swapping from her current massive stadium tour to do one festival set are giving me doubts... 

Really hoping for Foo Fighters after our disastrous attempt at getting tour tickets this morning. Picked Hozier over them at Glasto as well with the thoughts of "I'll see them on tour next year anyway"

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

In terms of 'new' acts coming through, I think all of these should and probably will headline this decade.

Dua Lipa, Dave, Olivia Rodrigo, Sam Fender, Fred Again.

A decent mix there, I think.

Can definitely add Lizzo to this, too.

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

And Lewis Capaldi, if he gets the help he needs. 

Nah can't see it personally, regardless of his health issues. His second album hasn't performed anywhere near as well as his debut and I can only see his career continuing that way.

Just now, GlastoFlow said:

Could Bombay Bicycle Club be a Park headliner? They’ve announced a small tour this year. I’m thinking there may be a bigger tour in the pipeline for next year?

Yeah I could see it. It'll also be 15 years since they first played the festival next year, which I believe was on The Park stage too. Could see the festival doing something similar to what they did with Courteeners this year.