2024 Headliners

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Would it happen again? Feels very much one and done to me.

He’s one of the biggest artists in the world and homegrown. He has a good relationship with the festival. It’ll inevitably happen again, but I think it’ll be a few years before it does.

49 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

He’s one of the biggest artists in the world and homegrown. He has a good relationship with the festival. It’ll inevitably happen again, but I think it’ll be a few years before it does.

Nah, one and done for sure. His brand of solo act + acoustic guitar doesn’t at all translate well to a headline slot as shown by his own turn at it and is exactly why similar acts to him won’t be getting the gig, and I definitely don’t see him getting the call again now that he’s done it. 

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah, one and done for sure. His brand of solo act + acoustic guitar doesn’t at all translate well to a headline slot as shown by his own turn at it and is exactly why similar acts to him won’t be getting the gig, and I definitely don’t see him getting the call again now that he’s done it. 

His live show has evolved past just him and his guitar now I believe. Think he still does it for part of his set but a lot is with a band now.

Once he’s got a more extensive back catalogue and continues scoring number 1 singles he’ll be invited back, I’m sure.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

No Madge?

Past experience tells us that if the bookies are offering odds but missing a very obvious name, it might just mean they've heard a whisper, or at least seen more activity than they're comfortable with.

Edited by incident

8 hours ago, K2SO said:

Oasis are at shorter odds than Harry Styles. What the f**k

I think purely on the basis of people putting 2 & 2 together and getting 5, with Noel's divorce. Yes, his wife was a big factor in it not happening, but by no means the only factor.

IF it happens, it'll be 2025 (a reunion in general, God knows about Glastonbury). Liam is touring Definitely Maybe with John Squire, Bonehead + 2 more next summer. Led to believe him and Squire have also been recording together as well in recent months

7 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Fri - 1975 

Sat - Dua Lipa

Sun - Madonna

This is what feels most likely IMO - although I could maybe see Dua on the Friday with a different "rock" band to the 1975 on the Saturday. Perhaps Blur if they're still touring and promoting the new album, or even the Chilis if they can make amends..

13 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

This is what feels most likely IMO - although I could maybe see Dua on the Friday with a different "rock" band to the 1975 on the Saturday. Perhaps Blur if they're still touring and promoting the new album, or even the Chilis if they can make amends..

Think the festival is moving a bit towards the pop side of things tbh, which is fine really as it’s a reflection of the movements in the industry in general. 

As ever with Glasto headliners, always a surprise in there nobody saw coming.

30 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Think the festival is moving a bit towards the pop side of things tbh, which is fine really as it’s a reflection of the movements in the industry in general. 

As ever with Glasto headliners, always a surprise in there nobody saw coming.

Definitely feels that way lower down the lineup - less "indie" bands, more pop names.

1 hour ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Fri - 1975 

Sat - Dua Lipa

Sun - Madonna

My only issue is that people have predicted 1975 for awhile now and it just never happens. They'll be on the back end, or maybe even finished touring this current album. Why wouldn't of they been booked this year instead of GnR? 

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

I think purely on the basis of people putting 2 & 2 together and getting 5, with Noel's divorce. Yes, his wife was a big factor in it not happening, but by no means the only factor.

IF it happens, it'll be 2025 (a reunion in general, God knows about Glastonbury). Liam is touring Definitely Maybe with John Squire, Bonehead + 2 more next summer. Led to believe him and Squire have also been recording together as well in recent months

Squire's in is he? Cool!

26 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

My only issue is that people have predicted 1975 for awhile now and it just never happens. They'll be on the back end, or maybe even finished touring this current album. Why wouldn't have they been booked this year instead of GnR? 

Already planning some big outdoor dates next summer to go with a spring album release.

5 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Outside of the front runners (Madonna, Taylor, Dua and Rihanna), 16/1 on Rodrigo doesn’t sound bad

My guess is she would of been asked last year and booked back as a sub headliner. 

6 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Already planning some big outdoor dates next summer to go with a spring album release.

This I did not know. As much as Matt gives me the ick, you can't deny that they've not really stopped since the pandemic.