2024 Headliners

33 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

My only issue is that people have predicted 1975 for awhile now and it just never happens. They'll be on the back end, or maybe even finished touring this current album. Why wouldn't of they been booked this year instead of GnR? 

They had quite a few other big UK headline slots this year - Finsbury Park, R1BW, Parklife, TRNSMT. Might not have had the same impact or perceived exclusivity if they'd been booked for Glasto this year.

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

This I did not know. As much as Matt gives me the ick, you can't deny that they've not really stopped since the pandemic. 

They haven't really stopped their entire career. Pretty much released and toured a new album every 2 years, give or take. Obviously had to stop during covid, but that was unintentional.

I am not particularly fussed about them tbh. However, having seen an established Glastonbury headliner (Arctics) not really give too much of a sh*t being there, sure give a keen band a chance!

This may be a rogue shout, and pretty sure they are not big enough anymore, but Kings of Leon haven't been at the farm since 2008 - potential other stage headliner against Dua?

11 hours ago, incident said:

Past experience tells us that if the bookies are offering odds but missing a very obvious name, it might just mean they've heard a whisper, or at least seen more activity than they're comfortable with.

Madonna was definitely on the sky one

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

7-1 on The 1975 feels like the best value on those odds slates right now given that we know they’re in the touring mix.

I reckon it's a good shout actually and they sell loads of tickets. 

3 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Think the 1975 have been eyeing up a headline slot for years - they won't let tour schedules ruin their chance.

2 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

I am not particularly fussed about them tbh. However, having seen an established Glastonbury headliner (Arctics) not really give too much of a sh*t being there, sure give a keen band a chance!

This may be a rogue shout, and pretty sure they are not big enough anymore, but Kings of Leon haven't been at the farm since 2008 - potential other stage headliner against Dua?

Would absolutely love the 1975 to headline. They are such a good live band and their recent tour has done really well, plus I think you're spot on about attitude of AM vs 1975. Would be a totally different vibe!

Please god don't let it be Kings of Leon though. Nearly fell asleep when they headlined Leeds few years back

29 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

that'll save a lot of bog-awfully boring and repetitive conversations, excellent! 

Hopefully means a few million less trying for tickets as well!