2024 Headliners

5 minutes ago, FrogLobster said:

Could we see Taylor Swift special guesting during an encore for a song or two with someone like Coldplay or 1975?

Not sure if I should share this but I heard from someone whose cousin used to cut Michael Eavis's hair, and they told me this is nailed on. During her show encore backstage she's going to zoom in during Coldplay's headline set for a cover of White Cliffs Of Dover.

Also heard she has shares in Worthy Farm cheese and she personally manipulated the competition this year to get her squad tickies.

Edited by Nobby's Old Boots

34 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Or maybe because they're one of the biggest bands in the world that is still selling out stadiums? Arctic Monkeys just released 2 dead albums and Coldplay are MUCH bigger. 

plus Chris Martin has more charisma in his big toe than that joke of a front man Turner. At least Coldplay provide a show and want to be there.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

How would that work?

Easy: they shift all headliners a night earlier so they are from Thursday to Saturday. Then she joins whoever is headlining Thursday (im sure she has already put in a good word for whoever she wants for that slot).

Edited by FrogLobster

32 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

At this point it's not even Homer chasing the pig in Lisa The Vegetarian.

It's giving the next episode Treehouse of Horror IV when Homer steps into the the 3-D Twilight Zone dimension

Maybe we'll just have to tie onions to our belts and say that's the era we're going for.

Still very much 50/50 on Taylor headlining and see her as the clear frontrunner despite tonight news and the last few weeks of Jonsnow and several others coherently and consistently explaining why it was extremely unlikely.....

image.png.e70fbc2fed5122363a29406721486415.png

1 minute ago, JonSnow said:

Still very much 50/50 on Taylor headlining and see her as the clear frontrunner despite tonight news and the last few weeks of Jonsnow and several others coherently and consistently explaining why it was extremely unlikely.....

image.png.e70fbc2fed5122363a29406721486415.png

This the best cunning plan you could come up with eh? More cunning than a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?

10 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

This may be a rogue shout, and pretty sure they are not big enough anymore, but Kings of Leon haven't been at the farm since 2008 - potential other stage headliner against Dua?

It's kinda wild to think Kings of Leon's set at Glastonbury 2008 was in the year Sex on Fire and Use Somebody were released, but was before those two came out and changed the dynamic of ever KoL set forevermore to just be full of people only interested in those two songs.

13 minutes ago, charlierc said:

It's kinda wild to think Kings of Leon's set at Glastonbury 2008 was in the year Sex on Fire and Use Somebody were released, but was before those two came out and changed the dynamic of ever KoL set forevermore to just be full of people only interested in those two songs.

Their first three albums were great too. Since then it’s been slim pickings. That said I saw them in 2018 and they were good.

On 7/1/2023 at 10:23 PM, Drinky said:

I almost cant wait for that third night in Dublin to get announced so we can all move on

6 hours ago, liambarton said:

Taylor has added the Sunday in Dublin. So that's that for another year.

Screenshot_20230705_174440_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hurrah! 

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Their first three albums were great too. Since then it’s been slim pickings. That said I saw them in 2018 and they were good.

Saw them at Milton Keynes in 2014 and had a really fun time, then Birmingham in 2017, which was less fun (imo not the band's fault, as I really didn't like the crowd). But does feel like seeing them pre-Sex on Fire and post-Sex on Fire make for real different experiences. You absolutely can tell in recordings that the energy levels and crowd enthusiasm for other stuff hits different.

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

Still think Dua/1975/Rihanna but most doubtful of that last one for obvious reasons.

If they can’t get or Madonna, which seems distinctly likely, could see them punting on Olivia Rodrigo or giving it Dave.

I agree with this, they are giving people female headlining acts what they want, who would be around. I can't see them punting for Olivia quite yet or Rihanna turning it down. I'm sure she is well aware what a Glastonbury set could do for her right now. I mean it's very underwhelming and I could see a mass of tickets chucked back in. There will already be people I imagine deciding to head to Ireland that weekend for Taylor as Wembley will be ridiculous to get tickets for. 

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Still think Dua/1975/Rihanna but most doubtful of that last one for obvious reasons.

If they can’t get or Madonna, which seems distinctly likely, could see them punting on Olivia Rodrigo or giving it Dave.

Fancied Rihanna to do it but then I stayed up late and watched her stink out the Super Bowl.

Loved the chat back in the day about how she was getting carried about backstage at T in the park to avoid touching that awful grass stuff*. Word was folks weren’t allowed to look at her 🤣

* I have no evidence that any of this is true apart from the Superbowl which was clearly sh*t.

1 hour ago, ProperTea said:

Dua Lipa, Olivia Rodrigo and The 1975 would be quite the statement after this year's headliners.

Would feel like unprecedented levels of ‘throwing caution to the wind’ for a fest that has become incredibly risk-averse over the last decade. Just one of Dua or Olivia would be ballsy, two in the same year feels like a stretch too far unfortunately. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy