Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

To be fair The 1975 are most definitely in the Foals/Biffy corridor of uncertainty.

It’s a bit like going bald, eventually you just have to accept it and suddenly life becomes much happier.

I've accepted that I'm keeping my hair. 

Taylor is a capitalist psychopath (and one of my favourite artists) and will do it if she can see a tangible benefit it in doing it, whether that's breaking some sort of record or surprise dropping an album around it. Like Beyonce, I just can't see her doing it as a random one off stop in amongst some tour dates anymore.

When you're the biggest artist in the world (whose star has ascended even further the past year) and can sell out any stadium on any continent, is schlepping to a festival where nobody's specifically bought a ticket to see you, you get paid a pittance, can't have a full production that you're used to and don't get full control over the broadcast element really something she'd be interested in? I don't know.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

When you're the biggest artist in the world (whose star has ascended even further the past year) and can sell out any stadium on any continent, is schlepping to a festival where nobody's specifically bought a ticket to see you, you get paid a pittance, can't have a full production that you're used to and don't get full control over the broadcast element really something she'd be interested in? I don't know.

She was interested in it three years ago.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's way less of beady-eyed bean counter than Mick Jagger, and we know she's actually been to the festival

I don't believe we do know that?

Unless I missed something from last year, the only suggestion along those lines that I can remember was that someone was convinced he saw her near the Cider Bus at Glastonbury 2019.

Which given it was near the Cider Bus, and wasn't corroborated by anyone/anything else, I'm inclined to put down to being a drunken hallucination.

The photo is from some awards ceremony in early 2020. NME or Brit I think.

Said before that it’s naive and unrealistic to expect note perfect performances from heritage acts whose vocal chords have suffered the ravages of aging, over use and/or massive substance abuse.

Even if Axl sounds like that video or Reg is in full Dill Danding mode will it matter when it’s all going off in that field? Would anyone even notice?

Most of my experiences are of getting swept up in the moments, not stroking my chin and bemoaning the audio quality…

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

Ok, any decent clips of them recently to change minds?

Granted this is six years ago now so not the best example, but here’s Axl when he briefly toured with AC/DC and it’s clear that his voice, whilst still sounding a little rough and raspy, is far more powerful here than the almost whisper he’s doing in that Sweet Child O’ Mind video:

He’s detailed how he had vocal problems and illness last year and it seems he was really trying to conserve his voice so that it didn’t blow out early in the set, but when he’s on form he can still belt out the bangers, so fingers crossed he’s fully recovered come this summer.