Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

26 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Amazing place this, 3 downvotes for calling someone dim, but one upvote for calling someone a Nonce.

Great community you’ve got here, we’ll done everyone!

7EBD2D81-D5DD-45C3-A0DB-A2AACB501F6C.jpeg

09951DA5-BA8A-4B80-887F-2F77B194DC3F.jpeg

You started on me weirdly for just talking and joining in the conversation.

i wasn’t being rude, nasty or anything. Just having fun with the rumours and suggestion, yet called me dim. Prior to that you suggested I wanted Foos purely for myself etc etc etc 

sorry but being rude to people for no reason and being so arsey so early in the morning isn’t and wasn’t warranted.

I’m  all for having a laugh, bit of banter. But you was plainly just rude, I can’t stand it. Give over

5B25A985-0B79-491C-8941-448CCF249B6D.jpeg

19DB0513-8C73-4ABB-AB75-E66E8E3F4302.jpeg

Edited by TGCarr

56 minutes ago, gfa said:

Glastonbury have far more choice than Download - silly suggestion.

Download are limited to who they have and booking repeats for a reason - if they started booking subs as headliners then the festival would just start shrinking

I didn't suggest that, pretty obvious Download is more limited. I was just saying that "glasto can book all music to top the pyramid" is wrong. 

12 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

You started on me weirdly for just talking and joining in the conversation.

i wasn’t being rude, nasty or anything. Just having fun with the rumours and suggestion, yet called me dim. Prior to that you suggested I wanted Foos purely for myself etc etc etc 

sorry but being rude to people for no reason and being so arsey so early in the morning isn’t and wasn’t warranted.

I’m  all for having a laugh, bit of banter. But you was plainly just rude, I can’t stand it. Give over

5B25A985-0B79-491C-8941-448CCF249B6D.jpeg

19DB0513-8C73-4ABB-AB75-E66E8E3F4302.jpeg

Cool story bro, I’m just surprised calling someone a Nonce is seemingly fine for everyone on here.

Edited by Jose Pose
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Cool story bro, I’m just surprised calling someone a Nonce is seemingly fine for everyone on here.

Again, you’ve randomly been horrendously arsey and rude towards someone for no reason whatsoever.

I can not stand rude people. What do you gain from life for that? It’s a Glasto thread mate. We’re talking about artist, music a bit of fun speculating.

yet on a rainy Wednesday you think being rude to someone is worth your time. Your life must be dire. 

if you’re going to call someone dim, just expect a typical UK response back

Edited by TGCarr
  • Upvote 3

Just now, TGCarr said:

Again, you’ve randomly been horrendously arsey and rude towards someone for no reason whatsoever.

I can not stand rude people. What do you gain from life for that? It’s a Glasto thread mate. We’re talking about artist, music a bit of fun speculating.

yet on a rainy Wednesday you think being rude to someone is worth your time. Your life must life be dire. 

Can’t stand rude people

*calls someone a Nonce 

2 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Can’t stand rude people

*calls someone a Nonce 

As I stated. You weirdly targeted me.

what did you expect after being called dim twice? Patronised.

Christ mate. If you can’t take it, don’t bloody say anything or just talk to others with a little respect.

Just now, TGCarr said:

All I’ve done in this thread is ask questions and join in the rumour mill.

🤷🏽‍♂️

Yup. Unfortunately I still end up with my feed full of an argument, I just get to see your responses and whatever you're quoting. I've recently figured out the only way I can currently enjoy this site is to be pretty ruthless on how I curate it.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Yup. Unfortunately I still end up with my feed full of an argument, I just get to see your responses and whatever you're quoting. I've recently figured out the only way I can currently enjoy this site is to be pretty ruthless on how I curate it.

And I apologise for that, wish there was a way to shorten responses or not have photos take up so much space 😂

2 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

And I apologise for that, wish there was a way to shorten responses or not have photos take up so much space 😂

Honestly? Easiest answer is "don't respond". Cuts out the nonsense and probably helps reduce your blood pressure as well.

My money is on a Foos secret set, they do have a new album people seem to have forgotten. Huge history of this type of shenanigans, not only C & G but playing as the Holy Shits in small venues in Brighton and London. At the V festival 2007 they were subs but also played a set on the third (?) stage as an opener as “606”. I’ll go for 11 am Friday opener on the Other - no crush issues and half the festival is still hungover from Thursday night excess

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare
Typo

6 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

My money is on a Foos secret set, they do have a new album people seem to have forgotten. Huge history of this type of shenanigans, not only C & G but playing as the Holy Shits in small venues in Brighton and London. At the V festival 2007 they were subs but also played a set on the third (?) stage as an opener as “606”. I’ll go for 11 am Friday opener on the Other - no crush issues and half the festival is still hungover from Thursday night excess

That was the first time I saw them that 606 gig. About the only good thing to happen at that v festival! 

7 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

No it’s info that can be thrown into the mix … just like any other info from any other user … the whole point of a speculation thread … it would be a short thread if the first post was the lineup poster !!  I’ve not had info before but this time I’ve had some so shared it here 

I remember when I posted what I heard and got called a bullshitter. 

28 minutes ago, stuie said:

That was the first time I saw them that 606 gig. About the only good thing to happen at that v festival! 

I first saw them at V 2003 with Queens of the Stone Age and Skunk Anansi! Can’t remember much of 2007 other than Snow Patrol being awful. This was long before I had a phone that connected to the internet or took pictures… I’m wondering how I knew about the secret set other than knowing 606 was their recording studio 

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

@roughbloke how confident are you in your sources? Neil seemed sure but is now backtracking on being TBC-level confident.

If Neil isn’t as confident now, that leaves only you (given a GSH is not a solid enough reason to predict a headliner). 

I’ve got no reason to disbelieve it. Of course things can change, but I’m still firmly in the AM, GnR and Elton camp.

I really regret mentioning what I heard so early on. Feel like people’s holidays would have been a lot easier without the looming threat of GnR…

4 minutes ago, roughbloke said:

I’ve got no reason to disbelieve it. Of course things can change, but I’m still firmly in the AM, GnR and Elton camp.

I really regret mentioning what I heard so early on. Feel like people’s holidays would have been a lot easier without the looming threat of GnR…

Well it cheered me up no end.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:32 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Angelique Kidjo subbed last year and Seun Kuti was also early evening. Seemed to work out OK.

While I dont disagree, I think most people understand that and just use it as convenient shorthand.

Angelique Kidjo was a highlight for me last year. Her into Bicep was just class.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

I didn't suggest that, pretty obvious Download is more limited. I was just saying that "glasto can book all music to top the pyramid" is wrong. 

Fair enough re download - but glastonbury can basically book anything as long as its 'big enough'

I can't think of acts that can do UK stadiums or similar (ie the right size popularity wise) that glastonbury wouldn't at least consider? If the act is big enough they would book it (most common issue is the act won't do it)

Only artist I can think of is maybe BTS?

and then they choose not to book EDM although i always gathered most of the bigger ones love £££ anyway

48 minutes ago, roughbloke said:

I remember when I posted what I heard and got called a bullshitter. 

thats not what happened. other people told me what you'd posted and also said you had a perfect record of being right, so i checked out your post history, and called the claims of your perfect record to be bullshit.