Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

10 hours ago, gfa said:

Fair enough re download - but glastonbury can basically book anything as long as its 'big enough'

I can't think of acts that can do UK stadiums or similar (ie the right size popularity wise) that glastonbury wouldn't at least consider? If the act is big enough they would book it (most common issue is the act won't do it)

Only artist I can think of is maybe BTS?

and then they choose not to book EDM although i always gathered most of the bigger ones love £££ anyway

No EDM for some reason even though there's absolutely artists big enough, metal once and only the most accessible metal band on earth (and I'm not sure it went down well). And beyond that, I think the space is just too big a lot of genres like reggae/ska/punk where I can't even think of an act big or zeitgeist-y enough to do it.

Not that any of this is a bad thing at all, it's the nature of the fest. I just think the slots we're talking about in this thread are reserved for rock / pop / hip-hop and I can't see that changing any time soon. That's fine, there's 99 other stages (but the pyramid ain't one).

Edited by BenG92

58 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Maybe that’s the country in which she wants to build hype? She won’t need any help shifting tickets in America. 

Well I mean youre probably going to have to deal with true dynamic pricing  this time all around so lets see if anyone cares about not eating just to see a remix of Lucky Star. 

oh and its arenas in north america. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

How. It only goes to one country. Cant hype anything to the world when a broadcast is geo locked. She did the halftime show, thats legit hype. 

Have you heard of Youtube?? 

I showed my Spanish colleagues highlights from this years festival on that. 

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

How. It only goes to one country. Cant hype anything to the world when a broadcast is geo locked. She did the halftime show, thats legit hype. 

I don't think anyone gives much of shit about the halftime show here tbh.

6 hours ago, Neil said:

You arrived here talking shit, and have never stopped. 

Even Floorfiller agreed with me and that says something.

No, I arrived here debating which is what a forum is about, that's the difference.

I arrived and said things you don't like, that is your comparison mistake. You don't even have a reputation count because it would fail miserably.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Wouldn't be this year but no doubt they will try next year. She will cash in first. Give me DM, Madonna, Blur. Almost certain Dua Lipa will be in the mix though, expecting her to get a Coachella spot next year.

Edited by thewayiam

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

Madonna sits in the category of absolute bilge for me. We all have those artists who have sold millions of records, almost universally loved, pioneered genres etc. but for some reason just cannot get on board with. Madonna is mine. 

This, word for word. With the weird exception of Ray of light, which is really decent (William Orbit etc). My ex-missus was a huuuuuge madonna fan and played her all the time, which wasnt much fun as i pretty much hated her. 

(madonna, not the ex 😄)

12 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Fuck me.  I work away for a day and a half and there's 25 pages to wade through?  You guys.....

Someone catch me up, I'm too busy to read it all.

Something about a dim nonce but apart from that, nothing's changed.

17 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Fuck me.  I work away for a day and a half and there's 25 pages to wade through?  You guys.....

Someone catch me up, I'm too busy to read it all.

Don't waste your time.  

Nothing has changed!