Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

44 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah. Hitting the deck to rest your legs when there's nothing happening is absolutely fine.

People in Gnom's photos don't have chairs or picnic blankets. They've probably just got sore legs.

I don't think anyone has an issue with anyone trying to rest. I think the point is more their behaviour and reaction to people in the surrounding area or those trying to pass through. Invariably I've found those people to be unhelpful and rude.

If you're going to sit down in the middle of what is generally considered a standing area in a field of tens of thousands of people, whether that be in a chair or on the floor, be prepared for a great deal of traffic moving around, and not necessarily because they want to get in front of you. And try not to be an entitled twat about it. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - that's all fair enough. But there's plenty of folk on their feet who act like that as well.

plenty of people who like to show their entitlement by dissing other people.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah. Hitting the deck to rest your legs when there's nothing happening is absolutely fine.

People in Gnom's photos don't have chairs or picnic blankets. They've probably just got sore legs.

Yeh I sit down between sets when there's space to, especially on Sunday when my feet and soul are completely broken

When there's space it's obviously fine but when it's blatantly obvious that the people standing about you can barely move, they need to get off their collective arses. I would have loved to have sat down and rest my feet but I'm aware of the problem it would cause.

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Quite a few on Twitter reaching the conclusion that because Noel is getting a divorce, Oasis are reforming and headlining Glastonbury this year.

Clearly not this year given both brothers have their own solo commitments this summer, but it is possible that this divorce may smooth the path to a reunion further down the line. From what I've read Noel's wife was a big factor in Liam's beef.

We sat down before Pearl Jam at Rock Werchter this year just to rest our legs, been dancing all day. Inquisitive German man seemed very confused as to why we were doing this and repeatedly kept asking if we'd stand for the show. Yeah, obviously, we said, we can't wait, just having a rest.

He proceeded to spend the entire show stone faced, didn't sing, clap, cheers, nod his head, not a thing. Very bizarre. 

41 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

When there's space it's obviously fine but when it's blatantly obvious that the people standing about you can barely move, they need to get off their collective arses. I would have loved to have sat down and rest my feet but I'm aware of the problem it would cause.

In the pit the time to do it is just after one act finishes as its emptying out. Once it starts filling up again, agreed - on yer feet.

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Clearly not this year given both brothers have their own solo commitments this summer, but it is possible that this divorce may smooth the path to a reunion further down the line. From what I've read Noel's wife was a big factor in Liam's beef.

Also, you would be amazed how quickly a man's principles change when faced with a massive divorce bill.

He'll have seen the massive popularity the Pulp and Blur reunions have and be thinking "yeah I'll have some of that..."

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Also, you would be amazed how quickly a man's principles change when faced with a massive divorce bill.

He'll have seen the massive popularity the Pulp and Blur reunions have and be thinking "yeah I'll have some of that..."

This is his second wife, he probably has an iron clad prenup