Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The only common factor in Madonna's extraordinary run of bangers is Madonna herself.

Whether you personally like her or not this fact is undisputable. I feel we are veering into Damon Albarn/ Taylor Swift thread of doing their best to underestimate someone's artistic quality because they personally don't like the style of music or have preconceptions. 

Yes she doesn't have the greatest voice but you know what that could be said about a lot of great artists. Let's be honest Bob Dylan's voice may be unique but it's not a great singing voice. 

Yes she has changed producers and musicians when she's wanted to move onto something different (a bit like David Bowie) but she has chosen them. 

I don't like everything she has ever done but there's no denying her bravery as an artist to keep trying new things. I know people who have seen her live who have said she's the best and the worst they have ever seen live so it would be a gamble but if she was playing it's a gamble I would definitely be taking. One of the few absolute megastars for Emily to still go after. 

Edited by gigpusher
typo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is it just me or are Queen & Adam Lambert not technically Queen any more.

Freddie Mercury was Queen and without him they're just cashing in....????!!!

Largely agree, however I have seen Queen & Adam Lambert and they were very very good. Not Freddie of course, but still, would do them a disservice to completely write them off as simply cashing in I think. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Queen just aren't Queen without Freddie sad face

Freddie always appears with Q&AL on screen. 

Queen have too many bangers to not perform live anymore.  It would be an absolute shame if crowds didn't get to experience said bangers live anymore just because Freddie is no longer with us. 

They aren't playing Glasto though.

30 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've found your seat

Untitled.jpg

Favourite story of a restricted view ticket is someone who bought one for Riverdance. They thought they wouldn't mind not being able to see the back or side of the stage, whatever it was.

When they got there, the restriction was a barrier that stopped them seeing the performers legs. Not great when the whole thing with Irish Dancing is to keep the upper body still while your legs go nuts. All they could see was floating torsos moving across the stage 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Favourite story of a restricted view ticket is someone who bought one for Riverdance. They thought they wouldn't mind not being able to see the back or side of the stage, whatever it was.

When they got there, the restriction was a barrier that stopped them seeing the performers legs. Not great when the whole thing with Irish Dancing is to keep the upper body still while your legs go nuts. All they could see was floating torsos moving across the stage 

I had seats right at the back for a performance of the Nutcracker once. It seemed to me that it was preferable to the seats right at the front, as they could see a few dancers at the front of the stage, and not the 30 strong troupe going wild on their tippy toes.

35 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Bohemian Rhapsody is very much "authorised biography" stuff.

The implication that they alone made Live Aid a success is pretty funny.

As is the suggestion that it somehow reunited the band - they were always together, the film is just trying to skip past the fact that at that point they were being vilified domestically for playing Sun City earlier that year.