Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

The 1975 and Florence both seem like good candidates to be the ‘big’ secret act of this year, although I was saying exactly the same thing last year and we got Ezra so who knows. Flo’s dates are awfully convenient though.

I've had it from very very good authority that the 1975 will not be anywhere near glastonbury this year. They want to headline next year. No secret set for them!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Come on now. The bassist of the band outright saying "Glastonbury is going to be iconic for us" isn't enough? 

It’s not official until Glasto announce it. 

I concede it looks likely, but I’m still clinging on to hope that the festival haven’t stooped that low for a headliner position. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Have we ruled out Rhianna with a post-Super Bowl announcement?

Coachella threw the kitchen sink to get her and failed apparently. I think she’s incredibly selective about what she does now and can’t be bought because she’s already a billionaire.

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Come on now. The bassist of the band outright saying "Glastonbury is going to be iconic for us" isn't enough? 

Hey man a member of the band taking about playing glastonbury literally means nothing.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Announcing my new Pyramid Stage Headliner Classification system:  Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum.

On this scale Elton is a Platinum booking, and Guns and Roses and Arctic Monkeys are both Silver.

Happy to elaborate further, but these rankings aren't likely to shift.

So from last year would you say Macca was Platinum and Kenny and Billie were Gold?

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Glastonbury lowering themselves to booking one of the biggest rock bands ever. 

1992 wants their line-up back. "But they used to be massive!" isn't a persuasive argument.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hey man a member of the band taking about playing glastonbury literally means nothing.

Surprising post from somebody who rails against words being put in his mouth. I literally said "I concede it looks likely". Are you disagreeing with me that it's not official until the festival announce it?

Edited by kalifire

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Announcing my new Pyramid Stage Headliner Classification system:  Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum.

On this scale Elton is a Platinum booking, and Guns and Roses and Arctic Monkeys are both Silver.

Have you got a YouTube channel? They love that shit over there. Huge numbers!

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't tempt me!