Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

You never saw Terminator 2?

He's been hounded away now by a posse with pitchforks. 

I have ever heard appetite, although by then I'd moved on from my monsters of rock years and started going to glasto. 

I do know a handful of songs by them and quite like some of those in Thor, but as I've mentioned before I wouldn't go and see them due to some of his self indulgent bollox, such as November Rain. 

No skin off my nose though, plenty of places to be and I'm only writing it as hopefully we're a broad church with a range of views. 

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

He’s asked for account to be deleted so don’t think so 

I mean he could just post less about things he has absolutely no interest in! Doesn’t watch headliners but prolifically posts in the headliner thread! 

7 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I was watching Skrillex instead of arcade fire, and i have no idea who is winning and who is losing out of that little battle.

Not me though, i suspect 

I guess the poster child for tiny audience, but absolutely amazing crowd + experience was LCD in 2016. The crowd basically ended at the tower - for a headliner!  Yet every single person was 100%

Where are your friends tonight? Everyone in front of the mixing desk was my friend that night.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sadimmock said:

I'm 42 and G n R were already completely obsolete by the time that I really got into music around 93/94 ish. I'm not sure how many of those 39 year old Dad's will be into them. 

You know how averages work, right? If the average is 39, that means it's pretty likely there will be a lot of people older than 39 years old there.

At the risk of ridicule, I just listened to Welcome To The Jungle, because although I'd heard of it, I didn't know how it went. I listened for a few minutes and still don't, that track does nothing for me.

Paradise City, You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child O'Mine all decent tracks. Welcome To The Jungle though? It's a nothing track to me. Maybe I just turned it off before the catchy bit I'd recognise? 

On the whole, I hated them back in the day, over produced cock rock, basically the reason grunge had to be invented, even if I didn't admit to myself how catchy I found some of the above. Still though, they sound fantastic in T2. If I could go along and listen to three or four songs, maybe five if they did all of the above and threw in the two* covers, I'd watch them before going off to see the headliner, but sadly the world doesn't work like that and I'd have to give up my headliner to see those few songs I like, so it's probably not going to happen.

* Did they have more covers that were hits?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

To be fair, I just had to look up who Music For The Masses was by, so horses for courses and all that.

It’s like that stat - one in seven UK households owned a copy of the Beautiful South’s Carry on Up the Charts.  There’ll be many people here who’d find it hard to name one of their songs. 

2 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

It’s like that stat - one in seven UK households owned a copy of the Beautiful South’s Carry on Up the Charts.  There’ll be many people here who’d find it hard to name one of their songs. 

I'm looking at the track listing and I recognise... Moonlight Sonata?

31 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I found out at my mate's funeral that he was partial to a bit of Beautiful South. It was a good job he was dead already.

8 hours ago, clarkete said:

That's very sad, I quite often enjoy @Skip997's  contributions and he does make a point of being more positive sometimes, despite perceptions to the contrary. 

Yes, it is very sad. It appears if you disagree too much with the sneering bully's who seem to want to police some of these threads then your opinion is not valid and is to be ridiculed. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Not to put speculation back on to headliners, but if the Pyramid trio is Arctic Monkeys, Guns 'n' Roses and Elton John...

...are we all in agreement, regardless of dill danding spectacle, Reg'll be the best slot of the three?

Yeh deffo. It's a pity they all cant play on the saturday to free up the other 2 nights. Artics at 12pm so I can have a little nap listening to them crooning, go off and explore, come back for guns at 19.15 and then onto Elton  👍🤣