Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

10 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Arctic Monkeys

GNR

Elton John 

it is a bit all white male privilege, I thought Glastonbury would have been actively avoiding that .

I hope the above is wrong  

Isn't it the in thing just now to not classify gender???

(don't worry, joking, I don't want to debate that can of worms)

The 3 above acts all have a serious claim to headline. Been debated to death so no point repeating the obvious. 

Personally I'll give the Arctic Monkeys a wide berth because I've seen them several times before and I don't like the new album. So its a easy pass.

I cant wait to see Elton. Its going to be brilliant. Will be packed though so go early.

Will also be at Guns n Roses. If the crowds a little down in numbers for a headliner then superb. More room for me to enjoy it.

1 minute ago, Cleetus said:

The 3 above acts all have a serious claim to headline. Been debated to death so no point repeating the obvious.

Elton certainly does.  

AM and GnR in isolation do as well but having both doesn't feel *that* inspiring to me however I'm sure their fans and those who watch them will have a grand ol' time. 

Personally I don't mind if the Pyramid headliners aren't all dream bookings as I'm usually elsewhere.  Since 2010, I think it was only 2017 where I caught all 3 pyramid headliners and that was only because I couldn't be arsed leaving the group on sunday for Moderat and Justice, which is a regret I will have to live with - though it did end up causing an awkward moment later that night as I was telling someone in Shangri La the regret I had, only to turn around and be stood next to Ed Sheeran.

2 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Elton certainly does.  

AM and GnR in isolation do as well but having both doesn't feel *that* inspiring to me however I'm sure their fans and those who watch them will have a grand ol' time. 

Personally I don't mind if the Pyramid headliners aren't all dream bookings as I'm usually elsewhere.  Since 2010, I think it was only 2017 where I caught all 3 pyramid headliners and that was only because I couldn't be arsed leaving the group on sunday for Moderat and Justice, which is a regret I will have to live with - though it did end up causing an awkward moment later that night as I was telling someone in Shangri La the regret I had, only to turn around and be stood next to Ed Sheeran.

How good were Moderat and Justice

I think that was one of my all time best nights 

Just now, shuttlep said:

How good were Moderat and Justice

I think that was one of my all time best nights 

Stop.  I haven't even been able to watch it back because it would only make me feel worse for missing them.

I can tell myself that I've already seen them a few times before and it's no great loss but damn, it's up there as one of my biggest glaso regrets.

40 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

it is a bit all white male privilege, I thought Glastonbury would have been actively avoiding that .

29 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

it really doesn't effect me, I have not seen a headliner in years  

Two greens. Impressive. 

Screenshot_20230228_230350_Chrome.thumb.jpg.81de2ee53a7be2f76fe898dd639beb57.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

Arctic Monkeys

GNR

Elton John 

You have no idea what's been going on behind the scenes with regards to securing female talent that's on a level to headline the pyramid. 

Also - fighting gender inequality with more discrimination is poor form in my opinion! 

34 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Stop.  I haven't even been able to watch it back because it would only make me feel worse for missing them.

I can tell myself that I've already seen them a few times before and it's no great loss but damn, it's up there as one of my biggest glaso regrets.

Think of it as a life lesson. One that you shall not repeat.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Suprefan said:

So now its complaining about a 3 hour GnR set full of hits while Macca did 3 hours last year where half of the set was solo material which bored plenty of people I imagine til it finally got to the meaty part.

Wrong!

As someone who hasn't read 375 pages of thoughts on this year's prospective headliners - is the general consensus of Monkeys, GNR and Elton not far off locked in? 

Does seem reasonably crusty to me but imagine it'll be made up for by having a more diverse mix on other stages (pop, dance or hip hop acts on Other, potentially?)

8 minutes ago, Antonthe3rd said:

As someone who hasn't read 375 pages of thoughts on this year's prospective headliners - is the general consensus of Monkeys, GNR and Elton not far off locked in? 

Does seem reasonably crusty to me but imagine it'll be made up for by having a more diverse mix on other stages (pop, dance or hip hop acts on Other, potentially?)

That's about the size of it.  Posters here with some industry contacts and a history of calling stuff correctly have stated as such.  Be a massive curve ball if it isn't.

28 minutes ago, Antonthe3rd said:

GNR already had a member of the band say "Glastonbury is gonna be iconic", they're in. 

Be hugely surprised if AM isn't the third but I welcome a wild curveball 

1 hour ago, Antonthe3rd said:

Lazy

Edited by clarkete

5 hours ago, shuttlep said:

Arctic Monkeys

GNR

Elton John 

This ‘no diversity’ Slash slander needs to end. Brothers and sisters know where it’s at.

2 hours ago, Antonthe3rd said:

I don't think we have the same definition of crusty.

Of course there could be a more contemporary definition I'm not aware of.

6 hours ago, shuttlep said:

Arctic Monkeys

GNR

Elton John 

Its essentially a Klan rally at this point. 

They should rename the Pyramid "The Nathan Bedford Forrest" stage.

image.png.5d360bf784aad620a5e2287b57d48dcc.png

• Like 1