Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

34 minutes ago, Neil said:

some things just don't seem believable.

But again, that’s opinion presented as fact. Simply saying “that’s not believable” proves nothing.

If you’re rejecting the idea that they went for GnR because other options were not available and/or said no then you must believe that GnR were the festival’s first choice, correct?

What is your take on why the festival booked GnR then?

Just now, Neil said:

the difference is that i found one believable and the other unbelievable, i have to apply thought about what people say, cos otherwise i'd be going along with any ols shite, as some appear to have done here.

‘Any old shite’ also known as ‘correct info that somebody else got months before I did’

Just now, Freddyflintstonree said:

Or perhaps the difference is one came from you and one did not. 

did you believe kendrick was headlining last year before heas announced.

why was that?

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

But again, that’s opinion presented as fact. Simply saying “that’s not believable” proves nothing.

the story was opinion presented as fact, plenty (you!) accepted that without question.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If you’re rejecting the idea that they went for GnR because other options were not available and/or said no then you must believe that GnR were the festival’s first choice, correct?

What is your take on why the festival booked GnR then?

my take is that they were the best option available, other bookings suggest other options were.

Edited by Neil
correcting typos

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

This is what it all boils to IMO.

The info was out there long before Neil got wind of it and he’s incredibly salty about that.

the info was only out there with those who accept an uncredulous story.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

my take is that they were the best option available, other bookings suggest other options were.

See, now we are getting somewhere, a two way conversation where opinions are shared.

Who would you say if the acts touring and headlining festivals in 2023 would be better? Excluding the likes of Taylor, Beyoncé, Coldplay etc who have tour dates that rule them out.

This is not a question designed to trip you up or troll, genuinely curious to see who you’d suggest instead.

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

All you do here is troll everybody in this thread day in day out

if those who are embarrassed about accepting a ridiculous story, and accept their credulity can move on, then i will too.

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

stuie are you embarrassed that you believed that story? you should be.

I think the last two pages just prove you will go out of your way to not acknowledge someone got (and continues to get) info before you. 
you don’t have to believe the backstory but it comes from a very good place. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

See, now we are getting somewhere, a two way conversation where opinions are shared.

Who would you say if the acts touring and headlining festivals in 2023 would be better? Excluding the likes of Taylor, Beyoncé, Coldplay etc who have tour dates that rule them out.

This is not a question designed to trip you up or troll, genuinely curious to see who you’d suggest instead.

i've given alternatives many times before. You'll probably find them in this thread.if people aren't listening wqhats the point of doing it again.

19 minutes ago, Neil said:

no coincidence, cos there hasn't been all the other times that source has given me info, you're just looking  to question my  take because you took in the other story without question.

I mean, hear me out for a second, is it not just possible that you got the same info?

Just now, Neil said:

if those who are embarrassed about accepting a ridiculous story, and accept their credulity can move on, then i will too.

The story it came with is irrelevant, especially now that it’s proven to be true regardless.

FWIW, I think GnR were always lined up and it was in fact Elton who was brought in to replace Swift, hence his moved Paris date. GnR’s tour seems to have been arranged with Glastonbury always in mind, whereas we know that wasn’t the case with Elton. 

• Like 1