Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, NotATerf said:

1) Doing great, not a washed up hate-filled terf on a dying forum with everyone under 40 fleeing it.

2) Even better, gets to live on a planet without you and your kind on it for much longer. Bosh!

cos it'll be so much better with your kinder gentler types running things

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

I shouldn't really have to explain but alluding trans people to being rapists is exactly what some abhorrent people in the media are shovelling these days, your post massively fed into that line. Hence it's transphobic as you are viewing trans people as rapists.

additionally i remember you not wanting to refer to Kae Tempest as their name and wanted to continue using their old name, which reeks of an underlying lack of trans acceptance. 

4 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I shouldn't really have to explain but alluding trans people to being rapists is exactly what some abhorrent people in the media are shovelling these days, your post massively fed into that line. Hence it's transphobic as you are viewing trans people as rapists.

It’s the same as all gay people are paedos rhetoric from the section 28 times and it’s disgusting. 

Edited by GeezLouise
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

trans people can be rapists, it doesn't suggest that all are rapists because they can be rapists, its a possibility.

(i'm no more transphobic there than google who gave me that link).

4 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

additionally i remember you not wanting to refer to Kae Tempest as their name and wanted to continue using their old name, which reeks of an underlying lack of trans acceptance. 

that was me not accepting that i have a duty to change all mentions of her to her new choice of name.

6 minutes ago, Marvin S said:

I mean people have literally made other places to discuss festivals/Glastonbury to simply avoid using efestivals...

yes they have, and most of those places lasted only a short amount of time.

So a place with open deadnaming and making dog whistles about trans people being rapists?

No downfall here lads. Nothing to see

Feel really sorry for any long time users of this site with trans friends or relatives having to read this.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

trans people can be rapists, it doesn't suggest that all are rapists because they can be rapists, its a possibility.

(i'm no more transphobic there than google who gave me that link).

Yes obviously. However this clear linkage is much more than either gender gets. You do know that repeating that idea distils fear into people about transgender people that then can lead into hatred? It's very hurtful. They have enough shit as it is without people proposing that they're rapists all the time. And yes, it is all the time, because it floods the media with it. See Gender ID bill from earlier this year!

7 minutes ago, DJL said:

Please can you clarify how you feel about the trans community?

i have no problem with trans people, but i will speak truth about the situation, a while back someone here wrongly called me transphobic for me stating how the law stood in regard to trans people self identifying.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

that was me not accepting that i have a duty to change all mentions of her to her new choice of name.

… but you are now aware they use they/them pronouns and are choosing to ignore this, is that accurate?

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

they do not use those pronouns anymore FYI.

i put my hands up to that, their choice to change gender recognition creates many issues for themself.

24 minutes ago, Neil said:

there's nothing transphobic there, just a recognition of trans possibilities.

Hi Neil - I interpreted your original comment as thinking of the trans community as being a joke. Obviously I'd love to be proven wrong. Could you please just reassure us that you do in fact believe in trans rights? Cheers

Just now, wro_lap said:

Hi Neil - I interpreted your original comment as thinking of the trans community as being a joke. Obviously I'd love to be proven wrong. Could you please just reassure us that you do in fact believe in trans rights? Cheers

i believe in trans rights, but that doesn't make it wrong to talk  about the facts.

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

No you utter cretin, it only creates any issue for bigots and ignorants like you. 

i apologise for not being as immediately as perfect as you.