Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Unfortunately this is the final straw for me with this forum. If I wanted to experience just open transphobia I can get that from the Daily Mail comments section. Thanks for the people who have made this place a special place to be over the last seven years in particular @Tranquility of Solitude for offering your help last year. 

I work with teenagers in my day job and a few of them are trans. They're already facing and coming to terms with the fact that a large part of our media portrays them as nothing more than duplicitous potential sex offenders, as men in wigs who are just lying to access vulnerable women. That people can openly spew hatred about them for just existing. How a 16 year old was murdered for being who she was. 

Neil has been ill and I appreciate that's difficult, but making that comment and the people close to him either explicitly supporting him and laughing at those who take issue with bigotry or who don't feel they can challenge him on this make me feel there's never going to be an intervention in any meaningful way. 

I hope you all have a good week at work and thank you for all the music you've shown me, the laughs you've given and the kindness that made this place special. I'll never forget how helpful you all were when I was worried about my first Glastonbury, it's a shame what this place has become. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 20

22 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I am not convinced that Swift was the only female headliner who was up for it. I also think they will have turned acts away on the basis that they thought Swift was doing it.

Hence my view that in future don’t build your lineup around an act that could just not follow through. 

Thank God Matt42 is on hand to provide such in depth analytical advice for Glastonbury Festival.

[edit] I posted this before this thread turned into a transphobic bin-fire, not in any way related to Matt's correct calling out of Neil's transphobic bs.

Edited by Festival Liam

18 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

So how are we all feeling about Arctic Monkeys, GnR and Elton? I’m very happy with Elton and will definitely be there, will give GnR a go, clashes permitting, could be fun, and won’t be at Arctic Monkeys.

This is exactly me. If hot chip is friday at woodsies (man, itll take a long time for me not to say the JP) then i'm there, i reckon 👍

cor, imagine actually talking about the subject of the thread! revolutionary 

Way I see it, it was always Taylor until she said no. She’s going to get first refusal every year until she headlines, unless she makes it clear she’s not available.

Whether and when her tour “changed”, we don’t know. But at some point they realised she wasn’t doing it and went with the best available act, which was GnR. Emily previously mentioned she’d love them to headline, but they’d be nowhere near the farm this year if Taylor could do it. 

3 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Unfortunately this is the final straw for me with this forum. If I wanted to experience just open transphobia I can get that from the Daily Mail comments section. Thanks for the people who have made this place a special place to be over the last seven years in particular @Tranquility of Solitude for offering your help last year. 

I work with teenagers in my day job and a few of them are trans. They're already facing and coming to terms with the fact that a large part of our media portrays them as nothing more than duplicitous potential sex offenders, as men in wigs who are just lying to access vulnerable women. That people can openly spew hatred about them for just existing. How a 16 year old was murdered for being who she was. 

Neil has been ill and I appreciate that's difficult, but making that comment and the people close to him either explicitly supporting him and laughing at those who take issue with bigotry or who don't feel they can challenge him on this make me feel there's never going to be an intervention in any meaningful way. 

I hope you all have a good week at work and thank you for all the music you've shown me, the laughs you've given and the kindness that made this place special. I'll never forget how helpful you all were when I was worried about my first Glastonbury, it's a shame what this place has become. 

out of upvotes but sorry to see you go

43 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Way I see it, it was always Taylor until she said no. She’s going to get first refusal every year until she headlines, unless she makes it clear she’s not available.

Whether and when her tour “changed”, we don’t know. But at some point they realised she wasn’t doing it and went with the best available act, which was GnR. Emily previously mentioned she’d love them to headline, but they’d be nowhere near the farm this year if Taylor could do it. 

It's similar to when Prince pulled out at a late stage.

21 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Even if I tried to explain to you it would go over your head, but it’s fine I saw this coming anyway.

It’s a huge shame Neil that you continue to piss on something that used to be great by saying completely careless things.

Message to any efest users here:
If anyone continues to be disappointed by what they read by Neil and would like a much nicer platform to discuss festival news. Feel free to DM me.

So what's this "nicer platform"?

Don't seem to be able to DM you. Maybe you've got me on ignore?

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Yep and they'd probably be on next year - it all balances out in the end.

Just to play devil's advocate, it seemed pretty clear to me that Neil was making a joke about "if you don't like facts you should read the Daily Mail"

But I completely missed this weekend and I'm not sure I want to know what "facts" he's talking about 

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

So what's this "nicer platform"?

Don't seem to be able to DM you. Maybe you've got me on ignore?

It's not that nice. I've taken a quick look and they're slagging off some Efestival members. 
Not for me.

9 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

It's not that nice. I've taken a quick look and they're slagging off some Efestival members. 
Not for me.

I believe they have a kind of ‘c**t’s corner’ for that kind of time wasting. From what I’ve heard it’s largely decent. It can’t compare that badly these days. 

Edited by kalifire

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I believe they have a kind of ‘c**t’s corner’ for that kind of time wasting. From what I’ve heard it’s largely decent. It can’t compare that badly these days. 

It looked to be in a general discussions thread.

19 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Just to play devil's advocate, it seemed pretty clear to me that Neil was making a joke about "if you don't like facts you should read the Daily Mail"

yeah, it was that. 🙂 

20 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Lizzo fits into the “I’d like to see her, clashes permitting” category for me.

Lizzo will be great. Her followed by GNR is a brilliant Saturday night. GFL punching above it’s weight again.