Banned!

tarw

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

I never said it shouldn't. I just don't think banning your regular users and then telling them to go fuck themselves when they offer a solution is the best way to handle it.

stop over promoting yourself, no solutions have been offered? just some vague ideas 

the trolls are regular users, too, 

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

You've done it for 20 years, but in those 20 years people have learned a lot about technology, how to get around bans, etc etc. Block banning doesn't really ban people

so why are you complaining about it, other than to have a pop on an unreasonable basis.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

We went through this last year dude, a lot of people left to make a separate forum for when Neil loses it. He doesn't want help. This will keep happening until it breaks.

yep I know that … weirdly I don’t want anyone getting I’ll . That forum doesn’t seem to have worked as admin is a tough job .for anyone let alone someone who’s had a stroke recently 

Just now, Neil said:

so why are you complaining about it, other than to have a pop on an unreasonable basis.

It actually saddens me that you think I'm trying to have a pop. I'm not, I'm genuinely trying to help. 😞

I've seen those other groups, I joined one on Discord last year. And do you know the conclusion I came to, hand on heart. I saw post after post on there slagging this place off, and yet I saw no such thing on here. I came to the conclusion that my place was with the people who weren't obsessing over a rival, who weren't being toxic... That place was here Neil. 

I genuinely want this community to thrive. But I think you need to accept some help with it, not from me, not from Joe Bloggs up there, from some people you know you can trust, people who you spend time with on a regular basis, like @Crazyfool01 for one! I'm sure he'd help you to mod. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

He’s trying to help … it’s not a pop 

complaining about the successful anti-troll measures i' ve put in place isn't helping, its about trying to pile-on.

It actually saddens me that you think I'm trying to have a pop. I'm not, I'm genuinely trying to help. 😞

I've seen those other groups, I joined one on Discord last year. And do you know the conclusion I came to, hand on heart. I saw post after post on there slagging this place off, and yet I saw no such thing on here. I came to the conclusion that my place was with the people who weren't obsessing over a rival, who weren't being toxic... That place was here Neil. 

so that was you hanging out under the bridge.

I genuinely want this community to thrive. 

so do i which is why I've never let the lunatics take over the asylum.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

complaining about the successful anti-troll measures i' ve put in place isn't helping, its about trying to pile-on.

I'm not complaining Neil, I have no personal axe to grind here, I'm trying to look out for you and the community as a whole. They're not successful and you know it, they'll be back on whenever they want to using a vpn. 

The ONLY thing block banning is doing, is inconveniencing your long standing members, by forcing them to also use VPNs 😞 

Just now, Neil said:

so that was you hanging out under the bridge.

so do i which is why I've never let the lunatics take over the asylum.

I think I'm just going to step out now. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink...

This isn't an asylum, it's a community, and 'most' of your members aren't lunatics. 😞 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

A solution is a mod or two. But you've refused. Every single forum has mods. 

just having a mod doesn't stop the trolling unless the new mods were the people trolling.

Just now, chazwwe said:

But a mod would be able to ban people that troll. Rather than people who aren't. It would also allow you to step back a bit.

the people who troll get banned now, problem is they make a new account and comeback, ip bans allows me to inconvenience them coming back.

Just now, MORETTI LOVER said:

Hi Nell,

No one who has posted in this forum about their IP being BANNED is a TROLL.

You should unban the IP's they are using, what is the final solution? (no, not that one). To ban every IP ever?

Then no one can post and the forums are dead.

also, have you thought about giving me some reggae?

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

😻

Fuck off dickhead 

37 minutes ago, Neil said:

many of the ones you've been hanging out with are.

I haven't been 'hanging out' with any of them... I spent less than one day on that server before last fest, when I first signed into it I had no idea there was any conflict with here, I soon realised that there was a lot of toxicity*, and haven't been on since. 

*It's a red flag to me, when one group of people go out of their way to say another group is toxic, especially when that other group are just quietly getting on with things. That's how that server was, they were always talking about here in a negative light, and yet they barely get a mention here... That says to me that they are the ones with an issue, they have the toxicity, and the fact that they're sending trolls over here to bother you, just confirms that.