Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Sunday 2015 Jamie T into Chems was a great end to that fest.  I was seriously broken but still managed to get up and dance to both (a bit).

My two penneth on Other headliners next year are that Lizzo and QOTSA will be in the mix, plus a dance/electronic act.  I know the Prodigy seem favourite but I wasn't feeling that.  Then the "only outdoor headline show" post came out.  Realise this can interpreted different ways, but if you were rumoured for G, but knew you weren't playing isn't that exactly the sort of thing you'd put out?

Chems could easily come back.  I know it was only 2 fests back, but it's still a 4 year gap.  Pendulum might not be big enough, but they'd fucking smash the shit out of it TBF.

More likely for JP

Still think Lizzo is a perfect Pyramid sub. Though if they want a female headliner for Other, who else is in the mix? Doja Cat? 

QOTSA and Prodigy seem nailed on for two of the slots. Both meant to play recently but tours/festivals were cancelled, both touring around Glastonbury time. Outside chance that Homme wouldn't mind doing Pyramid sub under his mate Alex and the lads. 

30 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Over indulgent, pretentious metal with one of the most chin strokey fan bases to boot. No thanks.

Calling any art pretentious is the most useless form of criticism.

Pretentiousness is in the eye of the beholder and any art can be labelled with it, if the art steers slightly from the middle of the road

• Upvote 1

Tool ain't playing Glasto. Be lucky to see them in the country again frankly although after the Fear Inoculum tour sales they'll maybe think twice about not playing England for another 13 years.

The bassist is even English for fuck's sake, what did we do wrong Justin?!  

28 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Calling any art pretentious is the most useless form of criticism.

Pretentiousness is in the eye of the beholder and any art can be labelled with it, if the art steers slightly from the middle of the road

Any criticism of art is in the eye of the beholder. Radiohead are my favourite band who get labelled it all the time. It's not that deep.

My problem with Tool mainly is their die-hard fanbase (which probably doesn't encompass anyone on here) who think all music is inferior to it because Tool are sooooo complex. And if people don't like it it's because they're not smart enough to 'get it'. 

For the band itself, aren't they mainly about the $$$ anyway. They charged 500 dollars for a vinyl box set that was only available to VIP customers ffs.

https://metalinjection.net/metal-merch/tool-unveils-tour-edition-of-fear-inoculum-vinyl-box-set-and-itll-cost-you-big-time

41 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Still think Lizzo is a perfect Pyramid sub. Though if they want a female headliner for Other, who else is in the mix? Doja Cat? 

QOTSA and Prodigy seem nailed on for two of the slots. Both meant to play recently but tours/festivals were cancelled, both touring around Glastonbury time. Outside chance that Homme wouldn't mind doing Pyramid sub under his mate Alex and the lads. 

Reading this, the thought occurred that if both Homme and Helders are there on the same day, then Iggy could make an appearance with them backing again.  That would be fucking cool.

Just now, scatteredscreens said:

My problem with Tool mainly is their die-hard fanbase (which probably doesn't encompass anyone on here) who think all music is inferior to it because Tool are sooooo complex. And if people don't like it it's because they're not smart enough to 'get it'. 

For the band itself, aren't they mainly about the $$$ anyway. They charged 500 dollars for a vinyl box set that was only available to VIP customers ffs.

https://metalinjection.net/metal-merch/tool-unveils-tour-edition-of-fear-inoculum-vinyl-box-set-and-itll-cost-you-big-time

Which can also be applied to Radiohead tbf.

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Reading this, the thought occurred that if both Homme and Helders are there on the same day, then Iggy could make an appearance with them backing again.  That would be fucking cool.

Ahh man don't go getting my hopes up like that 

5 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Any criticism of art is in the eye of the beholder. Radiohead are my favourite band who get labelled it all the time. It's not that deep.

Maybe but calling something pretentious is not informative in any way.

When someone calls Radiohead pretentious there is no real response to that. It is the same as saying 'I don't like Radiohead' and then giving no reasons why. It doesn't encourage conversations, except maybe to point out how pointless calling art pretentious is 

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Maybe but calling something pretentious is not informative in any way.

When someone calls Radiohead pretentious there is no real response to that. It is the same as saying 'I don't like Radiohead' and then giving no reasons why. It doesn't encourage conversations, except maybe to point out how pointless calling art pretentious is 

it was a throwaway comment, don't read too much into it 🙂