Blur

jannybruck

25 minutes ago, glastobird said:

Me 30 mins ago: SOD IT! It's too expensive anyway!

Me now: *purchases 2 standing tickets for Sunday*

Probably the biggest U-turn since Liz Truss was in government. 

😆 i did the same tbf, at first it was 'wembley's shite, golden circle is a disgrace, £150 for standing? ffs' but then one half price for NHS workers deal and i'm researching milk carton costumes . . . 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Hello again efesters!

To solve my Springsteen clash on the Saturday, now happy to sell my other 5 Blur Saturday standing tickets - just let me know and can sell separately at face value of course - £96.71 in the Ticketmaster presale yesterday 🤝 

managed to pick up standing for the Sunday now so can repeat imaginarily getting to Glasto 09 and see both over the weekend!!

@Quahog5 got one yesterday and can vouch for me 🤝

Just now, Ben_Monk said:

Hello again efesters!

To solve my Springsteen clash on the Saturday, now happy to sell my other 5 Blur Saturday standing tickets - just let me know and can sell separately at face value of course - £96.71 in the Ticketmaster presale yesterday 🤝 

managed to pick up standing for the Sunday now so can repeat imaginarily getting to Glasto 09 and see both over the weekend!!

Haha exactly how I'm seeing it. With a full day at Bruce Saturday and 3 supports at Blur its like a little festival weekend as well

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

😆 i did the same tbf, at first it was 'wembley's shite, golden circle is a disgrace, £150 for standing? ffs' but then one half price for NHS workers deal and i'm researching milk carton costumes . . . 

Its hard not to do it when a band plays that rarely, any moral stuff just goes out the window. 

I feel a bit less bad about the price I paid as its guaranteed really good lower tier seats (block 124), which means the gf can see and there's no messing around having to find a good spot

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Second date lovely! Can’t wait for twickets the day before !!

That's the only way I will go. It's the same weekend as 2000 Trees so if AFI play there then it doesn't matter if the tickets are cheap as that's the gig I am waiting for. I've no interest in the Blur gig unless I can get really cheap. The support does nothing at all. 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

This has put them more in place for Glastonbury? Going from ' only UK show' to ' look an extra date'

Not for next year. For 2024 I think yes.

35 minutes ago, Ben_Monk said:

Hello again efesters!

33 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Haha exactly how I'm seeing it. With a full day at Bruce Saturday and 3 supports at Blur its like a little festival weekend as well

Same for me too - given that I missed Glasto 2009 I'm seeing this as a very belated shot at redemption! 

7 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

So exactly what they did with Hyde Park BST in 2009. Still hope for Glasto then?

6 hours ago, balti-pie said:

you beat me to it! though sunday sucks if you live on the south coast/out of london, and have to get back on the last train: mine is 22.46 on a sunday (typically 00.04 on the other six days of the week) so to get down to victoria from wembley, which is a right bloody pain in the arse, would mean leaving the gig at easily 21.45. almost certainly halfway through Parklife with actual Phil Daniels. fuck sunday gigs, theyre the bane of my existence  

Seconded. For me it's often a choice between leave early or spend an extra tenner for HS1 which leaves a bit later (but generally involves a lot more walking and faffing about). Not just Sundays either due to logistics most times. Last trains suck.

7 hours ago, Ben_Monk said:

Hello again efesters!

Hiya, on Wednesday I failed to get GC or standing for Saturday, so i chucked it thereafter. Would be happy to buy 2 Saturday standing from you. I can see loads of twickets tickets appearing nearer the time, but not necessarily standing on.

I am pretty surprised by Saturday selling out. And the second date. The motivation for these mega gigs is unclear to me, the blur publishing deal is apparently pretty egalitarian so I am surprised someone is skint. If there is reluctance to tour, due to addiction issues, that's understandable. 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Wow pretty surprised by that. Definitely looks like cost of living having no effect on high-priced gigs selling out then.

Not yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a different story next year for acts trying to sell tickets for 2024. I think they’re cashing in now, whilst they can, and then it’ll be playing festivals in 2024 

43 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Not yet, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a different story next year for acts trying to sell tickets for 2024. I think they’re cashing in now, whilst they can, and then it’ll be playing festivals in 2024 

You might well be right. Also I do think there will be a few tickets floating around for much less come the summer.