Blur

jannybruck

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I used to swim regularly in this pool featured on the album cover. Not many outdoor public pools in the west of Scotland! 

IMG_0503.webp.8f743c5938ca87653c260312bb2c433e.webp

Ended up here many times after midnight when Janeys which was the local disco in the 80s and 90s finished for the night to continue the party. 

Is it still salt water?

I wonder how many people will claim to the the swimmer in the photo?

Edited by cidermonkey
update
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

Yes, heading there soon! Will report back.

The venue tweeted timings
8pm Support (but they don't know who it is!)
9pm Blur
11pm Curfew

So hopefully it's a full on set!

Interesting that they don’t know who it is and hasn’t been announced. Wonder if that means it’s gonna be somebody a bit special, or if it’s just gonna be any old local act that they can’t be bothered announcing… 

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Interesting that they don’t know who it is and hasn’t been announced. Wonder if that means it’s gonna be somebody a bit special, or if it’s just gonna be any old local act that they can’t be bothered announcing… 

Rogue idea that the "support" is them doing the new album in full...

29 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

Anyone know any good pubs in Colchester near the venue??

Purple dog is nice.  Playhouse ( weatherspoons) is alright. Coda is a really cool pub/ free venue. Brew house is a small pub that does lots of different beers. Like 15 seats. Three wise monkeys is my personal favourite. 3 floors. Gig venue, restaurant and bar. Gin bar in the basement.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cidermonkey said:

Ended up here many times after midnight when Janeys which was the local disco in the 80s and 90s finished for the night to continue the party. 

Is it still salt water?

Seems the photo was taken some time ago. Yes, it’s still heated sea water and gets mobbed on a sunny day. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

Love the single, these guys not likely for a secret set given Damon’s love for the festival? Or maybe more likely for 24?

One of them specifically denied the band being there this year when asked. Could always just be them keeping tight lipped on things, but I think it’s most likely they won’t be there.

6 hours ago, cidermonkey said:

Is it still salt water?

BBC article about the photo

Bit suspicious of this setlist being up as surely it hasn’t ended already(?), but I guess somebody could’ve seen it and copied it over, and if this is what we get in Wolverhampton next week then consider me a very happy guy - looks ace: 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blur/2023/colchester-arts-centre-colchester-england-43b9cfff.html

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Bit suspicious of this setlist being up as surely it hasn’t ended already(?), but I guess somebody could’ve seen it and copied it over, and if this is what we get in Wolverhampton next week then consider me a very happy guy - looks ace: 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blur/2023/colchester-arts-centre-colchester-england-43b9cfff.html

Oof tasty!

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Would love he thought of cars, stereotypes and MOR but overall its very decent 

Bournemouth/Blur Fan?/Free Gig Ticket

Blur fans! Help me! Free Wolverhampton ticket!

Please can I just preface this with, this is not a joke! 

I managed to get 2 tickets for next Fridays Wolverhampton show! My friend (who was driving) has now cancelled, I’m utterly devastated and I can’t get there on my own! 

If there is anyone who is south based (I’m near bournemouth) and would take me to and from the gig, you can have the ticket free! 

This is my last shot 😂 this would suit someone based in the south/Dorset/bournemouth, all you have to do is drive me there and back, and you get a ticket to this historic gig free! Please reply on here or message me 🙂 I’m happy to add on socials and send screen shots ect! 28 male

6 hours ago, FirstGlastoHype said:

Bournemouth/Blur Fan?/Free Gig Ticket

Blur fans! Help me! Free Wolverhampton ticket!

Please can I just preface this with, this is not a joke! 

I managed to get 2 tickets for next Fridays Wolverhampton show! My friend (who was driving) has now cancelled, I’m utterly devastated and I can’t get there on my own! 

If there is anyone who is south based (I’m near bournemouth) and would take me to and from the gig, you can have the ticket free! 

This is my last shot 😂 this would suit someone based in the south/Dorset/bournemouth, all you have to do is drive me there and back, and you get a ticket to this historic gig free! Please reply on here or message me 🙂 I’m happy to add on socials and send screen shots ect! 28 male

damn, i'd be well keen for this but I dont drive either.

Have you tried Liftshare.com?

Colchester on Friday was AMAZING. Seriously one of the most fun gigs I've been to in ages, there was loads of room at the front as well so easy to get properly involved. You can just tell how much fun they are all having together - they absolutely love playing these tunes. Watching Graham up close was amazing - he's a real inspiration for me. He is also hilarious, he came in early on Chemical World chorus and pulled such a disappointed face and was mouthing to someone in the crowd 'i mucked up there, i mucked up, sorry' 🤣 all whilst pulling off some insane riff.

I didn't get much from the new tune they played at the start to be honest - the sound got better as the gig went on and the first track was quite bass heavy, so I have no idea if I liked it or not. Narcissist sounded good.

As others have said - setlist isn't much different to the past 2 tours, and very strange to not hear anything from magic whip. Villa Rosie was such a welcome treat. Anyway.. anyone who is seeing them will love it, anyone expecting anything massively different to the past tours, well, it's pretty much the same incredible show! 

Will try and attach a few photos..