Blur

jannybruck

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Damon: Hey Glastonbury, would you like us to do a secret set somewhere next year?

Emily Eavis: No thanks. Wet Leg was so busy that some people who arrived shortly before stage time had to stand at the back.

Not saying it won't happen, just saying I highly doubt that Glasto would put them on Park for a secret set.

If they do the Park then there are basically two options. You either get there in plenty of time that allows you to get a decent spot to enjoy it, or you rock up 5 minutes before they're due on and look surprised when you can't get anywhere near it.

As long as it's properly stewarded (ie they manage the flow of people in and out the area) then it'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

I was gonna try for tickets, they're my brothers favourite band, but I can't justify that cost - over £100, to then be stood behind the 'golden circle'. I can't do that with the cost of things at the moment, it just isn't feasible. If they'd gone in around £70/£75 I'd have bitten the bullet, but you've gotta draw the line somewhere.

Is the general consensus that there will be warm up shows? I'm willing to wait on those tbh, albeit the chances of tickets will be slim.

Just now, mufcok said:

I was gonna try for tickets, they're my brothers favourite band, but I can't justify that cost - over £100, to then be stood behind the 'golden circle'. I can't do that with the cost of things at the moment, it just isn't feasible. If they'd gone in around £70/£75 I'd have bitten the bullet, but you've gotta draw the line somewhere.

Is the general consensus that there will be warm up shows? I'm willing to wait on those tbh, albeit the chances of tickets will be slim.

They've done smaller warm up shows on the last few reunions. I saw them at Wolves Civic Hall in 2012 and then a 250 cap gig at Newhampton Arts Centre in 2015.

I can't see them just doing Wembley Stadium without some other shows regardless of what the blurb says.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Not saying it won't happen, just saying I highly doubt that Glasto would put them on Park for a secret set.

You never know. Glastonbury have a history of putting acts that are far too big on The Park.

There's actually no such thing as a secret set at Glastonbury these days, they always leak well in advance.

Bin them off or somehow keep them secret right up to the moment they come on stage.

2 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

What’s the difference between the capacity of the park and John peel 

Think they're about the same? - maybe JP slightly bigger, or at least has a large flat area that more people can see the stage from.

I mean I am happy to be proven wrong and I'll be there for any TBA with Blur in the mix, but just seems like we're talking a different beast to say Jack White.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Should easy at the Park too, there are only two ways in or out, just introduce a one way system - in through the top and out through the bottom.

only works if the crowd plat along with the routing, less trouble to do at jp.