Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

22 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Not sure why folk are too bothered about being far back in the Pyramid field.

in theory it gives a great view of the stage, because of the slope and the elevation that gives, in reality there's too many people and flags to block the view.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

IMO there's no point being at the Pyramid unless you're within the inner barrier.

Personal POV of course

How so?  I've never been bothered about getting down inside the barrier (I hate pushing through thick crowds, sets me twitching a bit) but I've had some incredible sets being further back.  Is it really that much better up close? Within the line of the sound towers works for me, agree you do lose more as you go back and the crowd thins out.

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

in theory it gives a great view of the stage, because of the slope and the elevation that gives, in reality there's too many people and flags to block the view.

We were quite far back for Coldplay in 2016 (yeah not far back enough prob I know 😄) and have to say it was great.  Probably helped by everyone being knackered and no energy to get closer, but gave a great view of the lasers and light bands in the crowd.

Flags have prob gotten worse since then though, dunno how much we'd see now

Seen him last at the echo. Trust me you’ll want to see it. He did 2 1/2 hours nearly and it flew by. (Aside from a few mid 70’s deep cuts that seemed to get used for bar/loo runs) it’ll look amazing on the pyramid. I’m working on the assumption he might have a few special guests what with it allegedly being his last ever show though. 

IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0318.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

IMO there's no point being at the Pyramid unless you're within the inner barrier.

Personal POV of course

Do you just mean for busy sets? Surely it’s far nicer to be lying chilling in the sunshine to Ziggy (for example) than in front of the barrier? 

5 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Do you just mean for busy sets? Surely it’s far nicer to be lying chilling in the sunshine to Ziggy (for example) than in front of the barrier? 

Caught the tail end of Ziggy back near the sound desk.  Glorious 

you pick up different vibes wherever you are in the crowd ... same place different set might be an entirely different vibe .... did the barrier a couple of times last year macca pretty much and psbs ,  the first time ever . but found it such hard work tbh id probably not do it again . I like a bit of room to move about but not so much i feel excluded .... back of the pit I  reckon would be the sweet spot so ill try that for Elton maybe this time .

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

Caught the tail end of Ziggy back near the sound desk.  Glorious 

I watched from near there too ! Sunshine, beer and dancing - perfect Friday lunchtime 😊

Also for me - who cares where you watch anyone, as long as YOU enjoy yourself 💃🙌🥳 

Edited by Mrs Dubs

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Personal POV of course

Only got in there a few times; did it for Wolf Alice this year and remembered how good it is. And how easy actually.

Best was for Springsteen in 09, during the kasabian changeover I just strolled to about 10 rows from the front. Probably why i enjoyed it so much while others didn't 

17 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

This is the thing. It's nowhere near as difficult as people think.

Standard protocol won’t apply to Elton, though. You’ll need to add another set. Unfortunately that means Lil Nas X. I’m trying to enjoy his stuff but it’s just not landing with me. A good spot will require being there for it though. 

I got in the pit for The Stones without having to stand through Primal Scream, got into the field as they were playing their final song. It was busy but certainly doable.

My son got in for Macca after Noel.

Edited by Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

This is the thing. It's nowhere near as difficult as people think.

If it's just you then it's easy enough, if you're used to crowds like that.  If there's a big group of you with backpacks on just forget it and piss off lol 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

Yeah this is something weighing on my mind when I posted my thoughts. I was aware people would suggest 'just watch the subs/acts before' but that feels a little bit like I'm wasting half my day there, watching acts that I have no interest in just to get a spot. I know this is just what happens with popular acts, and if I'm miles back, so be it, but I'm not intending to miss acts that excite me just to be able to physically see Elton

I managed to get a good spot for Stevie which was very busy indeed - in front of sound tower and about 10-15 yards behind the golden circle barrier (or whatever it is called at Glasto?!) - and I was WAY out on the fringes for Faithless - we made our way into the crowd when Faithless finished. 

The big question is how many people there for Little Nas X will not be sticking around for EJ? If there is a decent act that appeals to LNX fans somewhere else it may be easier to get a good spot as the field empties (a bit) as it did for Stevie. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

If it's just you then it's easy enough, if you're used to crowds like that.  If there's a big group of you with backpacks on just forget it and piss off lol 

I never carry a backpack to stages, if I can't carry it my pockets/wear it then I don't need it.