Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

Yep I'll be there, 100%, it will be a cracking sing along... 

I was a bit negative about it before it was officially announced, hold my hands up to that, I thought he would suit the legends slot more. But I had no idea it was to be his very last UK gig... It's a momentous occasion for somebody who truly is a legend, and I admit I was wrong, nothing but headliner would be suitable for such an occasion. 

9 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

But I had no idea it was to be his very last UK gig... It's a momentous occasion for somebody who truly is a legend, and I admit I was wrong, nothing but headliner would be suitable for such an occasion. 

It's not the though. It's just the last show of his final tour.  He's not ruled out playing more shows in the future - he just won't do big tours again.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's not the though. It's just the last show of his final tour.  He's not ruled out playing more shows in the future - he just won't do big tours again.

Well yeh, but does a musician ever fully 'retire...' 

Last proper tour is about as close as it gets isn't it? 

I've listened to a playlist based on his recent setlists today plus given the show on Disney+ a spin. Both have far from blown me away but at the same time they've made me think "imagine that with a Glastonbury crowd behind it". I could be dragged away by something I'm desparate to see but it could be one for the ages.

I last saw him in 2019 (on this same tour, weirdly enough). It was a Saturday night in Cardiff, most of the crowd were steaming, and yet there was an oddly flat atmosphere for about half the set. There was a definite lull in the middle before he got onto the home stretch of more familiar tunes for the casual fans to get involved. That said, I’d expect a Glasto crowd, with the flags and all the rest, to do a better job at looking and being engaged than what I witnessed that night.

4 hours ago, henry bear said:

I last saw him in 2019 (on this same tour, weirdly enough). It was a Saturday night in Cardiff, most of the crowd were steaming, and yet there was an oddly flat atmosphere for about half the set. There was a definite lull in the middle before he got onto the home stretch of more familiar tunes for the casual fans to get involved. That said, I’d expect a Glasto crowd, with the flags and all the rest, to do a better job at looking and being engaged than what I witnessed that night.

Yup. Having seen the likes of Macca and the Stones play their own gigs with relatively flat crowds, it's night and day on the Pyramid.

We're 100% there, this is dream stuff for most of our crew.

I'm just debating whether to sell the tickets we have to see him at The O2 in April. We've had these tickets almost 5 years, the gig has been rearranged twice, but I feel there's something very special about seeing an artist for the first time, so tempted to cash in so as not to take away from The Pyramid set.

One of my favs, Sacrifice, doesn’t appear on recent set lists possibly due to the Cold Heart inclusion, however Tiny Dancer is in there so there’s hope. But what do I care, we’ve got Elton so it’s no sacrifice at all.

note... the poll on this thread needs a “with sequins on” option.

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude