Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

Hes got to have a massive clash surely? I feel like the range of people, from young to old, would love to see him.

Anecdotally, in my friendship group who went last year (around 20+ late 20's) none of them wanted to go see Paul McCartney but this year everyone is hyped for Elton. 

Last UK date ever, tons of classics, gonna have amazing guests - Only an absolute top tier clash could take me away (and cant really think of anyone) 

2 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Hes got to have a massive clash surely? I feel like the range of people, from young to old, would love to see him.

Anecdotally, in my friendship group who went last year (around 20+ late 20's) none of them wanted to go see Paul McCartney but this year everyone is hyped for Elton. 

Last UK date ever, tons of classics, gonna have amazing guests - Only an absolute top tier clash could take me away (and cant really think of anyone) 

Someone like Prodigy would make a lot of sense. 

1 hour ago, aj6658 said:

QOTSA / Fred Again / Nas / Pavement

Something like that would do the job well enough and give me a massive headache. 

2 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

I know it's just wishful thinking at this point, but every time I see Pavement mentioned I get very excited at the prospect

Believe. I think they'd be a cracking John Peel headliner one night, for me they fit comfortably alongside Interpol, Phoenix, Sigur Rós etc's recent appearances in that slot. Feels like the time.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Oooh sounds good. Will add it to my wishlist of books. I read Elton's recently and it's a good read. 

'll be asking my in-house librarian to secure me a copy to read. 🙂 

totally going to be there 🙂 I'd never buy a ticket to see him at say an arean show, but unless the KLF reform and play opposite, I can't think of anyone that i'd see instead. Even if Massive Attack, play, and clash, they are a band I could see another time, for considerably less than Elton.

I guess a key question is - does EJ have more broad appeal than, say, McCartney or the Stones? If so they will need to pull out ALL the stops on all other stage headliners on Sunday. 

I do think Fred again on WH would take a lot of folks away as would Prodigy on the Other. If that happens hopefully he will do a Arcadia or secret set also. 

On 12/21/2022 at 12:34 PM, aj6658 said:

One day, the gigs will become no more, there'll be wall to wall documentaries and they'll regret the day they declined to watch a Beatle at Glastonbury of all places.

A few of them will probably say they went, too 😉 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Breeze said:

I guess a key question is - does EJ have more broad appeal than, say, McCartney or the Stones? If so they will need to pull out ALL the stops on all other stage headliners on Sunday. 

They didn't pull out any stops when counter-programming against the Stones and Macca.

13 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Fred Again is just about the only artist on my radar at the mo that could pull me away from Elton. It's going to be PSB/Bicep(/Kendrick) all over again isn't it? 😭

We’ll have less of that thank you 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, UEF said:

One day, the gigs will become no more, there'll be wall to wall documentaries and they'll regret the day they declined to watch a Beatle at Glastonbury of all places.

A few of them will probably say they went, too 😉 

True I have a few friends who have massive David Bowie regrets what can you say other than youth is wasted on the young 😄 

• Like 1