Which expected Pyramid Headliners have you seen Live before?

gfa

Which expected Pyramid Headliners have you seen Live before?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Just curious! Who have you seen before?

• Arctic Monkeys
    • Guns N Roses
    • Elton John

6 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

I think that's more likely than having not seen them, been to 10 reading festivals and 6 glastonburys in the last 15 years...statistically impossible to not have?!

Cast your mind back......vould you have seen some c**t mumbling at his shoes whilst a band of no marks behind him snoozed their way through entry level meat and potatoes indie rock?

Saw AM at Reading for the first time last year, something just felt off and the crowd didn't really seem into it / expected more - I liked it but later on felt cold about it and wouldn't say it felt memorable or as momentous as I was hoping.

Saw Guns N Roses three times so far, all times the current iteration. Twice at Coachella 2016 as I thought the band would implode shortly after and wouldn't get a chance to see a reunited Axl and Slash. Axl's foot I think break took some of the shine off so was glad to see them play London Stadium in 2017 which as others have said was superb.

Axl's vocals strong each time I've seen them and they put on a great show, however, when he's sick or not feeling it, it is very evident as seen by the clips over the last few years. 

seen Arctics in 2006 (only time so looking forward to it again - if something amazing is up against them I'd rather see I'd look to get a cheap resale ticket to the Emirates the weekend before G)

Seen Reg last year, 4th of July at the home of Football and he was great, little bit of pub singing here and there (I'm Dill Danding :D) but it was cracking. Can't wait to see him at Glasto with the last ever UK show as well.

seen G n R 3x, Download 2006 (really good, even though it was with the full old hired band), Wembley Arena in 2007/8 I think, great show, but came on ridiculously late and played until the wee smalls, had to get a night bus and kip at a mates! London Stadium 2017 I think was amazing, with Slash and Duff. Looking forward to it on the Pyramid this year. Sound always better at Glasto than stadium shows when they have noise limits and echoes etc to deal with!

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

For folk who've not twigged or missed it being raised previously - it isn't his last ever UK show. It's the final show of his last ever tour.  Important difference

Have you seen the amount of people dieing recently.

Oh and i have seen none of them

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

For folk who've not twigged or missed it being raised previously - it isn't his last ever UK show. It's the final show of his last ever tour.  Important difference

Based on my recent reading of his autobiography with the number of health issues and his desire to be at home for his kids it's fair to say he won't be doing a great deal many shows ever again. He might pop up as a guest and maybe do the odd one off at a London venue but for most of us it's the last realistic chance to see him. 

Arctics twice - Tranquility Base tour, and Reading '09. I'm a fairly big fan, but I totally get all the complaints about their live shows. Neither performance set my world on fire, but I'll be there for the older songs if there aren't any amazing alternatives.

GnR - Vaguely remember catching a few songs at Reading '10 when I was walking back from LCD Soundsystem. Will not be seeing them at Glasto!

Seen arctic monkeys multiple times, one of the best and insane gigs ive ever been to was in 2007 at old trafford cricket ground with Amy Winehouse, Coral and supergrass supporting.  The moshpit for the first 6 songs was absolutely nuts. 

went downhill after that, gigs at sheffield arena and don valley stadium were poor. not seen them since.

other two I wouldnt watch if they were playing in my back garden.

AM- twice, once at Brixton on the NME awards tour (brilliant, riotous) and their first Pyramid show- fun but raw. Lost interest since.

GnR- none. Too young for their original lineup, had tickets for London Stadium in 2017 but also a newborn (husband went and won't stop banging on about it, the git) and put off by prices since. Have seen Slash several times and he's always great- really looking fwd to this one.

Reg- had tickets twice but both fell through. Will 100% be there.

2 definites for me- normally that's about my Pyramid quota for the whole weekend!

Arctic Monkeys - Bar M Ibiza 2007 - to a crowd of about 300 before they were massive and Glastonbury 2013

GnR - never, not likely to change.

Elton - Bestival 2013

AM - once, Glasto warm up, Cardiff, 2007. That’s enough for me.

GnR - once, and that was the couple of songs they did at the Freddie Mercury Tribute in 1992. 

Reg - a few times 1990 - 2018, including the splendidly bonkers version of Bo Rhap he did with Axl at the above gig. Think it’ll be a big deal for him to finally play. Hope we get tickets in the resale 🤞

Seen GnR numerous times over the years, from their original line up at Donington in 1988, to various line ups at Milton Keynes and Reading, to Download a few years ago.Been enjoyable each time to be fair.

Seen Arctics about 3 or 4 times at Reading and have been worth a watch each time. Thought their set at Reading this year was great but got home to see loads of reviews saying they were poor. As I’d been on the beer since lunchtime, I’d say that the majority opinion may be the most credible review of their set. Haha.

Havent as yet got a ticket for Glastonbury but would happily watch both again if I was going. Have no interest in seeing Elton John though so would be on a different stage when he is on.

AM 3 times - Leeds Fest 06 (incredible, at the height of the hype), Liverpool Academy 2007 just before the second album (to this day no idea how I got tickets for that) and Glastonbury 2013, which I didn't like the whole set of but loved the last 40 mins or so. I'm torn on next year but The Car album clicked for me just yesterday so I might want to by then

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

AM 3 times - Leeds Fest 06 (incredible, at the height of the hype), Liverpool Academy 2007 just before the second album (to this day no idea how I got tickets for that) and Glastonbury 2013, which I didn't like the whole set of but loved the last 40 mins or so. I'm torn on next year but The Car album clicked for me just yesterday so I might want to by then

Was that Liverpool gig the NME tour with We Are Scientists and Mystery Jets? If so I was at that too.

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Was that Liverpool gig the NME tour with We Are Scientists and Mystery Jets? If so I was at that too.

No though I wish I had managed to get to that though, I remember trying for tickets but not succeeding.

I just had a look and it was a fan club tour in April 2007 to preview Favourite Worst Nightmare - I'd only heard Brianstorm when I went. I was never part of any fan club so I can only assume I got a link from somewhere like here.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/arctic-monkeys/2007/london-astoria-london-england-33c784ad.html - there's not a complete setlist for the Liverpool gig but this is from the night before. Incredible really - most of the first album got played along with Leave Before The Lights Come On which is one of my favourites