2023 - hopefully not as busy as 2022?

youngfathers

17 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

As mentioned here earlier, there is an issue in certain browsers where the quote becomes irrevocably highlighted. It also adds hundreds of CR, LF to the box when you start typing...

I've had this as well.

Although, it seems to be working now. (First time since last week)

59 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

As mentioned here earlier, there is an issue in certain browsers where the quote becomes irrevocably highlighted. It also adds hundreds of CR, LF to the box when you start typing...

What browsers? 

12 hours ago, AnonAnon said:

Not to be too snobby, but there seemed some real dumb decisions by a lot of the crowd also i.e. everyone watching an act and then trying to pee or get food all at the same time, queuing for 30 mins at the location nearest, rather than walking ten mins to the next toilet or stall with next to no one there.  I just couldn't understand the snaking endless queues for people to use the 10-20 toilets to right side of the Other Stage.  They could walk to the pyramid bank of loos and back and it would be quicker.  It could be because everyone was out of practice, post a few years back, or perhaps it was a newer crowd, I'm not sure but it was odd.  I've only been going since 2009 but you used to always be able to grab a beer, take a leak, heck even get a veggie burger during an act without missing much, in ear shot of the stage.  It was so tough this year.

I'd put it a bit more gently than you, but I certainly never queued for half an hour for grub - I'm too lazy.  For loos there are some which are always busy (which I avoid) other than that I'm fortunate that I use the urinals and don't drink pints these days so even with my tiny bladder I was OK. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Being an old hand helps, as you know where queues will build and where to avoid.  I didn't queue once in 2022 for food or for the longdrops (although for the latter there were definitely detours)

Same than you and the few posters above... I was surprised at all the people complaining about the queues. This may indeed show that there were maybe more "newbies" around who didn't have the automatism/knowledge to spread around whenever possible.

1 hour ago, moogster said:

Same than you and the few posters above... I was surprised at all the people complaining about the queues. This may indeed show that there were maybe more "newbies" around who didn't have the automatism/knowledge to spread around whenever possible.

Very true - although I'm sure some of the posters were definitely old hands (even if not as old as some of us). 

Maybe they're trendsetters and the crowds build up where they are  🤔

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though I dunno if you need to be a veteran or strategic mastermind for the penny to drop that the toilets right next to the Pyramid will be mobbed the second Diana Ross finishes and if you can hold it in there'll be a better option a bit further away.

Once people start queuing it becomes a chain reaction

• Like 3

1 hour ago, moogster said:

To be fair there were nowhere near enough toilets in some areas - other stage for example. SE corner i queued about 30 minutes on saturday night as well and obviously quite hard to figure out where the other ones are at 3am lol

There were also more people on site so more queues is to be expected i guess

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

To be fair there were nowhere near enough toilets in some areas - other stage for example. SE corner i queued about 30 minutes on saturday night as well and obviously quite hard to figure out where the other ones are at 3am lol

Didn't one of our number mention that to someone for next time? 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Being an old hand helps, as you know where queues will build and where to avoid.  I didn't queue once in 2022 for food or for the longdrops (although for the latter there were definitely detours)

Of course. Knowing the site works in your favour.  Massive queues at west holts for toilets but quiet ones a few minutes away.  And rarely long food queues in green fields, but 80,000 people trying to get shit burgers at the pyramid! 

I was just thinking that although I know my way around a bit I do not have a full mental map of the toilets yet, and may have referred to a map on my phone to locate the closest loo alternative. No need to be a veteran for that. Just a bit of common sense that indeed, anything further away to a main stage will be less busy.

I do have a pretty good mental map of food locations (priorities...!) , existing or adapted as soon as I spot them every year though. Same principle applied.

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

Part of the problem last year was just w*nkers having their entire picnic blanket, deck chairs, bags etc. stopping people getting forward and blocking big sections of the field.

That's par for every year, people set up at the pyramid at 2pm and seemingly are oblivious to the large crowd forming round them by 6.

• Upvote 1