Williams Green

4AssedMonkey

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm pretty sure the Big Green MonsterTM is back this year. And The Glade is an interesting one. They clearly wanted a bigger stage for the Glade - I was close to it at one point last year and it was rammo right back to the Railway Line and into the Spike, a crowd that the old Glade couldn't have accomodated. Obviously I loved the four-cornered, pristine sound system of the old Glade, but I quite like the concept of new one - gives that area more of a 'prestige' stage. And the Glade Dome was great - psytrance in there after Bicep was fantastic!

Ben

Ahhh Ben, I'm still sulking over the loss of the Glade. Never happier than being plonked right in the centre of that Funktion One Vero setup. So many good times in there over the years.

We'll see on Genosys. I sure hope so. It was a huge loss last year. I do accept it might have been slightly out of their control to a certain extent. 

WG I can take or leave but I know it's a  popular venue. Fingers crossed for those people it gets an upgrade rather than an omission. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The Glade, Genosys and Williams Green. That's three fan favourite venues lost over two festivals. If the replacements for Glade and Genosys are anything to go by, I wouldn't be too confident in a new and improved Williams Green 

2 of these were forced out ffs, you know that 😂

23 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ahhh Ben, I'm still sulking over the loss of the Glade. Never happier than being plonked right in the centre of that Funktion One Vero setup. So many good times in there over the years.

We'll see on Genosys. I sure hope so. It was a huge loss last year. I do accept it might have been slightly out of their control to a certain extent. 

WG I can take or leave but I know it's a  popular venue. Fingers crossed for those people it gets an upgrade rather than an omission. 

I can't argue with that, bud, except...the frickin rocky ground of Glade would occasionally take me out of my dance! I've got sensitive feet! But you're not wrong, it was the finest system on site, certainly for a non-main stage (we both love WH!)

Ben 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

For me the "Glade Dome" is a way better "Glade" venue than either the old stage or the new one.  You actually get to dance in the trees for the first time since 2004 or something daft. And that big tent took most of the people away, it was great.

The Thursday stuff was stupid but I liked the stage and what they put on over the weekend, probably under attended though.

I reckon it will become a food/bar area that entire section,  I think Worthy Pastures might have given them the idea to have that as a chill place throw in the madness of Thursday last year..

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's been a thing for years. They put Maximo Park on there in 2010.

I think the problem isn’t the secret set. The problem is the lack of secrecy about the set. With so many social media groups dedicated to Glastonbury now even the most casual of Glastonbury goer knows all the secret sets in advance and if they don’t it’s even worse because people turn up in the hope that it’s someone big. 

Not sure how you can solve this in this day and age. Other than maybe instead of secret set they give a fake band name and get people to actually stay quiet about it but the acts themselves always blab because they want loads of people there. The last secret set I saw in there would be Django Django I think. Since that year I just thought it got too crazy for me to be bothered plus Kae Tempest has usually been playing somewhere on the Thursday evening so I have usually gone there instead. 

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We all thought the Thursday WG sets were stupid anyway.  There was massive debate last year about even dropping hints, we considered leaving it entirely, like with Paulo in the RH.

The amount of people that turned up expecting Green Day still was insane!!! So I wouldn’t worry too much.

Felt like we were the only folk in our area knew it was Bastille, we found it all very funny and felt very smug when they came out. Thanks for that. 🙂 

Where was the Green Day rumour / info coming from???