Dream Sponsor at Glasto

gfa

6 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

That's brilliant. Doesn't mean they couldn't do more though, and contribute to surrounding towns etc. And to promote renewable energy to all the glasto goers, which is what sponsors are for, innit  💡

they are pretty good with supporting the local community tbh .... I think research might be needed here 

23 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

That's brilliant. Doesn't mean they couldn't do more though, and contribute to surrounding towns etc. And to promote renewable energy to all the glasto goers, which is what sponsors are for, innit  💡

Yeah, I'm not sure what more they could do to contribute to the local community. 

He bought the local derelict barn, gifted it to the community and paid partly for it's refurbishment to be used for community events.

He's contributed land and money to build 52 homes to be used as social housing for the local community, the most recent ones are also going to be green they'll be used for housing for locals. 

And he's leveraged festival connections to get the co-op to open a shop in the village, when by rights it would probably be too small a village to be on the co-ops radar. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Neil said:

i've got better reasons than most for thinking about all sorts of random shite to do with festivals, and not once in 26 years have i considered who a dream sponsor would be.

It's my main consideration, and the reason I can no longer go to Latitude. I'm a Cazoo man myself. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/26/2023 at 3:02 PM, Leyrulion said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what more they could do to contribute to the local community. 

He bought the local derelict barn, gifted it to the community and paid partly for it's refurbishment to be used for community events.

He's contributed land and money to build 52 homes to be used as social housing for the local community, the most recent ones are also going to be green they'll be used for housing for locals. 

And he's leveraged festival connections to get the co-op to open a shop in the village, when by rights it would probably be too small a village to be on the co-ops radar. 

That's not what the conversation was about. I was saying that they could contribute electricity generated from renewable sources to local communities.

Besides, I'm sure they're not saying "what more can we do?". Surely it will be an ongoing thing and they'll do loads more for communities. I doubt it's the tick box exercise for them that you think it is. You're doing Glastonbury an injustice there, I reckon. 

On 2/26/2023 at 2:35 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

they are pretty good with supporting the local community tbh .... I think research might be needed here 

See above post.

Maybe you should research previous posts in a thread?

Edited by Lucy F

1 hour ago, Lucy F said:

That's not what the conversation was about. I was saying that they could contribute electricity generated from renewable sources to local communities.

Besides, I'm sure they're not saying "what more can we do?". Surely it will be an ongoing thing and they'll do loads more for communities. I doubt it's the tick box exercise for them that you think it is. You're doing Glastonbury an injustice there, I reckon. 

It's not that anyone thinks its a tick box exercise.

It's hard to overstate the affection that many of the regulars have for the festival, the place and those who put it together.

We've seen the work they've put in over decades into the festival, the myriad of causes they support and the local area and to us that reputation is very precious. 

1 hour ago, Lucy F said:

At what point was I saying it was a tick box? You're coming across as quite aggressive and defensive in your posting, not sure if that's intentional but it really isn't necessary. 

18 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

At what point was I saying it was a tick box? You're coming across as quite aggressive and defensive in your posting, not sure if that's intentional but it really isn't necessary. 

Sorry, I get defensive when I'm attacked. All I said was that the festival could donate electricity to the national grid, and straight away I get two people trying to undermine my opinion without even bothering to read the context. I've only been here for a couple of weeks, but I think I'm getting the measure of the place already.

Just now, Lucy F said:

Sorry, I get defensive when I'm attacked. All I said was that the festival could donate electricity to the national grid, and straight away I get two people trying to undermine my opinion without even bothering to read the context. I've only been here for a couple of weeks, but I think I'm getting the measure of the place already.

Apologies if you felt you were being attacked … I just responded quickly and hadn’t the chance to add the links that the poster below did … the festival is predominantly run on a dairy farm and each year they seem to add to the number of things they do to make things sustainable … see solar panels , electric cars etc … they are actually pretty decent as far as things go … I think they generate power on one of the cow sheds/ chicken sheds from solar but not sure if that goes into national grid or just helps power the farm 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, clarkete said:

It's not that anyone thinks its a tick box exercise.

It's hard to overstate the affection that many of the regulars have for the festival, the place and those who put it together.

We've seen the work they've put in over decades into the festival, the myriad of causes they support and the local area and to us that reputation is very precious. 

All I said was they they could make more green energy and contribute it to the national grid via a sponsor. Why are you so against that? I don't know how I've besmirched the festival's precious reputation 🤷🏼 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Apologies if you felt you were being attacked … I just responded quickly and hadn’t the chance to add the links that the poster below did … the festival is predominantly run on a dairy farm and each year they seem to add to the number of things they do to make things sustainable … see solar panels , electric cars etc … they are actually pretty decent as far as things go … I think they generate power on one of the cow sheds/ chicken sheds from solar but not sure if that goes into national grid or just helps power the farm 

That's fine, no worries.

What I was getting at, in the spirit of the topic, was that maybe they could utilize a green energy sponsor to become more a green energy power house. Maybe it is a silly idea. I was just spitballing.

Just now, Lucy F said:

That's fine, no worries.

What I was getting at, in the spirit of the topic, was that maybe they could utilize a green energy sponsor to become more a green energy power house. Maybe it is a silly idea. I was just spitballing.

And this is the perfect place to do that 🙂 

20 hours ago, Lucy F said:

they could contribute electricity generated from renewable sources to local communities.

its not possible to direct electrical output to a particular area, it would be possible to donate money from the sale of electricity generated to a local community.

21 hours ago, Neil said:

its not possible to direct electrical output to a particular area, it would be possible to donate money from the sale of electricity generated to a local community.

So the solar panels on my house aren't powering my house? 🤯

55 minutes ago, Lucy F said:

So the solar panels on my house aren't powering my house? 🤯

they possibly are, depends on the exact set-up, any spare electric that you're not using can be used by anyone around the uk, its not possible to direct it to your street.

26 minutes ago, Neil said:

they possibly are, depends on the exact set-up, any spare electric that you're not using can be used by anyone around the uk, its not possible to direct it to your street.

Unless she is "off-grid", i.e. connected to a battery bank in her own property (an unusual situation, normally only in remote areas with no grid connection), then the electricity will go into the grid and "could end up anywhere"